İntikam

Hello so-and-so

This is the distance on the google map from Beijing to New Delhi about 3700-3800 kms.

And this is the distance on the google map from Shangai to New Delhi about 4200 kms.

As we see that google saying us that Beijing to New Delhi is closer than Shangai to New Delhi. But the truth is saying opposite!

There is only one fly from beijing to New Delhi, the others are indirect. Look at the pictures.

As we see that that only one plane flying with about 1.100 kms route mistake. This caused by the map is wrong.

Lets see the other route: Shangai to New Delhi:

And the bomb is:

Google saying that Beijing-New Delhi distance is closer than Shangai-New Delhi route but planes usually standstill on Shangai when they are going to New Delhi from Beijing.

Care about the route: From Beijing to New Delhi stops on the Shangai. If Beijing-New Delhi is shorter than Shangai-New Delhi, Should not it be the opposite ?   ;D

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
This is the distance on the google map from Beijing to New Delhi about 3700-3800 kms.
And this is the distance on the google map from Shangai to New Delhi about 4200 kms.

As we see that google saying us that Beijing to New Delhi is closer than Shangai to New Delhi. But the truth is saying opposite!
As we see that that only one plane flying with about 1.100 kms route mistake. This caused by the map is wrong.

And the bomb is:
Google saying that Beijing-New Delhi distance is closer than Shangai-New Delhi route but planes usually standstill on Shangai when they are going to New Delhi from Beijing.

Care about the route: From Beijing to New Delhi stops on the Shangai. If Beijing-New Delhi is shorter than Shangai-New Delhi, Should not it be the opposite ?   ;D

Nope, it should not, and here's why: while the GREAT CIRCLE distance to Beijing is shorter than the GREAT CIRCLE distance to Shanghai, the FLIGHT distance is not.  Because the airplanes have to fly around the enormous mountains in Nepal and Bhutan!!  They're pretty big, better to go around than to try and go over.

Consider the analogy of driving distance.  The GREAT CIRCLE distance from Green Bay Wisconsin to Eau Claire (171.5 miles) is about 60 miles longer than the GREAT CIRCLE distance from Green Bay to Traverse City Michigan (119 miles), but the DRIVING distance of 193 miles is nearly 60 miles shorter because you don't have to go around the geographic obstacle of Lake Michigan.  Same thing with the mountains in Nepal.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

İntikam

And the bomb is:

Nope, it should not, and here's why: while the GREAT CIRCLE distance to Beijing is shorter than the GREAT CIRCLE distance to Shanghai, the FLIGHT distance is not.  Because the airplanes have to fly around the enormous mountains in Nepal and Bhutan!!  They're pretty big, better to go around than to try and go over.

Consider the analogy of driving distance.  The GREAT CIRCLE distance from Green Bay Wisconsin to Eau Claire (171.5 miles) is about 60 miles longer than the GREAT CIRCLE distance from Green Bay to Traverse City Michigan (119 miles), but the DRIVING distance of 193 miles is nearly 60 miles shorter because you don't have to go around the geographic obstacle of Lake Michigan.  Same thing with the mountains in Nepal.

You are wrong.

It is not needed to across the high mountains.

The planes are flying about 30.000-40.000 feets already higher than the highest mountain on the world.

You are wrong.

The planes are flying about 30.000-40.000 feets already higher than the highest mountain on the world.

They avoid flying over the Himalayas for safety reasons. The main reason is that it is impossible to decrease to a safe altitude in case of depressurization.

All these threads about indirect flight paths are completely irrelevant. There are many reasons not to take a direct flight path. Some reasons include:

1. Available emergency landing sites
2. Weather, turbulence, jet streams
3. Military no-fly zones
4. Airspace agreements between countries
5. Air traffic routing
6. Radar coverage

İntikam

You are wrong.

They avoid flying over the Himalayas for safety reasons. The main reason is that it is impossible to decrease to a safe altitude in case of depressurization.

All these threads about indirect flight paths are completely irrelevant. There are many reasons not to take a direct flight path. Some reasons include:

1. Available emergency landing sites
2. Weather, turbulence, jet streams
3. Military no-fly zones
4. Airspace agreements between countries
5. Air traffic routing
6. Radar coverage

I don't see ambulance on the road to your home. If there is, NASA need it.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Hello so-and-so
THE MAPS ARE NOT WRONG! These posts are doing NOTHING to debunk Google Maps at ALL
They just make YOU look an ignorant know-it-all!

The routes the airlines choose to fly are determined by many factors that have nothing to do with Google (or OpenStreetMaps - the maps used by FlightAware!):
  • Political situation with Nepal, Tibet, China being quite touchy.
  • High mountains - Himalayas.
  • Distance from emergency services.
  • Prevailing winds.
And probably many other factors that I am not aware of.

Airlines do not usually fly the shortest distance, they fly what they consider the best routes taking into consideration costs, safety, flight regulations, etc

These factors have nothing to do with the mapmakers and the sooner you realise it the better!

Just stop making yourself look so silly is the eyes of everyone reading these posts. If you want to argue Flat Earth/Globe then do that, but these posts of yours don't help your cause at all!

İntikam

Hello so-and-so
THE MAPS ARE NOT WRONG! These posts are doing NOTHING to debunk Google Maps at ALL
They just make YOU look an ignorant know-it-all!

The routes the airlines choose to fly are determined by many factors that have nothing to do with Google (or OpenStreetMaps - the maps used by FlightAware!):
  • Political situation with Nepal, Tibet, China being quite touchy.
  • High mountains - Himalayas.
  • Distance from emergency services.
  • Prevailing winds.
And probably many other factors that I am not aware of.

Airlines do not usually fly the shortest distance, they fly what they consider the best routes taking into consideration costs, safety, flight regulations, etc

These factors have nothing to do with the mapmakers and the sooner you realise it the better!

Just stop making yourself look so silly is the eyes of everyone reading these posts. If you want to argue Flat Earth/Globe then do that, but these posts of yours don't help your cause at all!

Take this post my sweet troll.  :D

We see that Taiwan is incorrect placed. So we can find out where is it?

Just we needed correct the lines before they broken.

This is China To Taiwan corrected route:

This is from Vietnam to Taiwan route:

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CAL782/history/20160418/0350Z/VVTS/RCTP

It's matched with the place that we found from route of China-Taiwan . How interesting.  ;)

This is our 3rd trying another route to Taiwan. Istanbul to Taiwan. Go Turkish Airlines.  :)

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/THY24/history/20160416/2320Z/LTBA/RCTP

Bingo. It's matched with others.

Try another one, Emirates from Dubai.

It's matched too. Thanks Arab brothers. ;D 

This route from Hong Kong to Taiwan. This is one of the shortest airport to Taipei.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA802/history/20160417/0520Z/VMMC/RCTP

Again it's matches with our result. Taiwan is in the same place!

Yes we got it!

As we see that Taiwan is actually on the place about 100-200 kms or above on the East and a few turned. This is the true life. Accept or not. The map is wrong. But planes flying true.

Please don't shouted slogans. How i'm talking with scientific way, please you use it too.  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:42:49 AM by İntikam »

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
Please don't shouted slogans. How i'm talking with scientific way, please you use it too.  :)

Please explain exactly what you are doing. From the little bit you write I have no idea at all of why you say Taiwan is in the wrong place. You do not say WHY you change the route from what the airline says. In any case, why is that a map problem? Where the airline sends its planes is their concern, nothing that the mapmakers can do about it.

But really, if Taiwan is in the wrong place on the maps, don't you think that thousands of people would have complained long ago!

You claim you are doing a "Google map debunk". You are not BECAUSE:
The map you are using in FlightAware is NOT a GOOGLE map.
Just look on the maps itself:
  • © 2016 FlightAware
  • © OpenStreetMap contributors
  •     Weather: 28/04/2016 10:25
Look on your own maps. The same annotation is there!

You simply do not understand the factors that go into airline routing. We have tried to explain it to you but you take no notice.

But please believe us airlines rarely take the shortest route!

Now I am not shouting, but the maps are not wrong, neither OpenStreetMaps (the maps FlightAware use) nor Google Maps (that you only used to find the shortest distances).

İntikam

Science saying opposite your talking.

Measure, test, calculate,...etc These methods show us the place of Taiwan is wrong. You are kidding to our mind.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:24:30 PM by İntikam »

İntikam

Please explain exactly what you are doing. From the little bit you write I have no idea at all of why you say Taiwan is in the wrong place. You do not say WHY you change the route from what the airline says. In any case, why is that a map problem? Where the airline sends its planes is their concern, nothing that the mapmakers can do about it.

But really, if Taiwan is in the wrong place on the maps, don't you think that thousands of people would have complained long ago!

You claim you are doing a "Google map debunk". You are not BECAUSE:
The map you are using in FlightAware is NOT a GOOGLE map.
Just look on the maps itself:
  • © 2016 FlightAware
  • © OpenStreetMap contributors
  •     Weather: 28/04/2016 10:25
Look on your own maps. The same annotation is there!

You simply do not understand the factors that go into airline routing. We have tried to explain it to you but you take no notice.

But please believe us airlines rarely take the shortest route!

Now I am not shouting, but the maps are not wrong, neither OpenStreetMaps (the maps FlightAware use) nor Google Maps (that you only used to find the shortest distances).

Is every problem continuously occurs on Asia and rarely occurs on Europe?

Look how is the routes on Europe is flat?

If you want to go to Athens from Amsterdam, you are almost certainly follow a straight line like this:

Did you see how is it a flat route? Didn't you?

So lets look another route. We want to go to Moscow from paris because they usually defend themselves partners.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/AFL2461/history/20160428/2135Z/LFPG/UUEE
https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/AFR1144/history/20160428/1730Z/LFPG/UUEE

There is another one.

there is another one.

Did you see how flat is it? Didn't you? Ok.

We Turks like to go Germany so i want to look the route from istanbul to Berlin.

Did you see how the routes like the other and how is it a flat line?

Now look to Shangai to Taipei in Asia.

Accept that the pilots are usually want to go on straight route as a line and nobody want to draw an "S".

But you want to deceive us. Shame on you mister shame on you!

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
Accept that the pilots are usually want to go on straight route as a line and nobody want to draw an "S".

In my experience, there is often a difference in the real world between what people WANT to do, and what they are ALLOWED to do.  Such is the case here.  The government of China is not to be trifled with.  Well, OK, any government for that matter, but I think we can all agree that China is a special case.  And when China says "No flying here, you must fly around", you know what you do? 
You take your plane, and you FLY IT AROUND!!!

Flooding us with more and more and more and more and more and more maps will not convince us.

Is every problem continuously occurs on Asia and rarely occurs on Europe?
I think it is fair to say that whatever the current tensions are in Europe, they do not compare to tensions in Asia.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

İntikam

I think it is fair to say that whatever the current tensions are in Europe, they do not compare to tensions in Asia.

I think NASA (or google) started to map from Europe to Asia. So the mistakes started with 0 and inreased increased, at the end of the map is east Asia is completely wrong. Because the map shape and the earth shape isin't same. This is basic and understandable.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
I think NASA (or google) started to map from Europe to Asia.
Those are both American organizations, why would they start in Europe?

So the mistakes started with 0 and increased at the end of the map is east Asia is completely wrong.
I disagree on that point, but for the sake of arguement, I'll indulge it for a moment to ask: if the map of Asia is completely wrong, why is it only you who seems to have noticed?  Out of all the billions of people in the world, including millions of people actually LIVING IN ASIA, only you have noticed the map being 'completely wrong'?  It can't be that lots of people have noticed but they've been silenced by (fill in your boogieman here), because if that were true then (boogieman) would have silenced YOU as well.  But here you are, quite vocal, not silent.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile

I think NASA (or google) started to map from Europe to Asia. So the mistakes started with 0 and inreased increased, at the end of the map is east Asia is completely wrong. Because the map shape and the earth shape isin't same. This is basic and understandable.
I keep telling you that the map used by FlightAware is NOT GOOGLE and NOT NASA. The maps are from OpenStreetMap, and the information is "crowd sourced", meaning it is added to and corrected by input from private contributions.

Nevertheless these maps agree not only with Google maps, but with atlases 50 years old and maps that were made more than a century ago, long before your pet bogeymen were even thought of.

The maps are not wrong!

Offline Captain Magpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Also, are these direct flights? This is a commercial airline trying to make money, I'm sure the roundabout routes are to make stops at other airports along the way. Pretty sure there isn't anyone getting on in the middle of a mountain range...

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
Also, are these direct flights? This is a commercial airline trying to make money, I'm sure the roundabout routes are to make stops at other airports along the way. Pretty sure there isn't anyone getting on in the middle of a mountain range...

Yes, these are direct flights, not multi-hop routes.  And we have given the reasons and other reasons for the longer-than-minimum flight paths, it's just that İntikam does not accept those reasons.

Offline Captain Magpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Yes, these are direct flights, not multi-hop routes.  And we have given the reasons and other reasons for the longer-than-minimum flight paths, it's just that İntikam does not accept those reasons.
Safety seems like the easiest to grasp, don't want to have an accident and people eating each other to survive again because they are crashed in a mountain somewhere.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile

Safety seems like the easiest to grasp, don't want to have an accident and people eating each other to survive again because they are crashed in a mountain somewhere.

Certainly in all these cases safety seems to be the obvious reason. Look at Malaysian Airlines MH17. They took the short route.

In the New Delhi to Beijing case the direct route is over the Himalayas (high and rugged) and over Tibet (rugged and politically unstable). The route flown carefully avoided all this.

What İntikam cannot accept is that the actual distance flown has nothing to do with the maps - ALL the maps agree, even old ones (pre-NASA!).

Imagine claiming the map is wrong because a ship logged 2,500 km instead of 2,000 km!

What is absolutely unbelievable is that all the FEers seem to swallow this stuff! At least they do not correct him.

I do not hesitate to correct a Globe earth follower who is giving incorrect arguments either for the Globe earth or against the Flat earth.
Mind I have been chided (by a FEer) for doing it!

İntikam

Look how is it a perfect route.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH604

Look to tracklog:

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH604/history/20160430/2310Z/HAAB/ZBAA/tracklog

The plane flying at 39.000 feets like planes usually flying.

Why the plane goes up the Everest? Because the highest point of Himalayas is the Mount Everest is 28.900 feet, and the average altitute of planes is 39.000 feet. So there is no danger for planes.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
Look how is it a perfect route.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH604

Look to tracklog:

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH604/history/20160430/2310Z/HAAB/ZBAA/tracklog

The plane flying at 39.000 feets like planes usually flying.

Why the plane goes up the Everest? Because the highest point of Himalayas is the Mount Everest is 28.900 feet, and the average altitute of planes is 39.000 feet. So there is no danger for planes.
YOU might think YOU know the perfect route, but airlines fly the best route for themselves, taking account of safety, fuel use and government restrictions.

And of course I am guessing!

Look we cannot answer for the routes airlines choose to fly.

There might be a lot more to it than simply the height of the mountains. You will note that the route taken keep the planes from overflying Tibet. Possibly there are few emergency facilities in Tibet, but I imagine that is a policy of the PRC government! Nothing to do with maps, flat earth or conspiracies.

Why don't you ask the airlines WHY they fly those routes, because it has nothing to do with me, you or TFES!