İntikam

Calculating the center of the earth by using just a compass
« on: April 27, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
Hello mister and misses so-and-so, and team NASA,

Theory:

So the earth is a flat.

So we can calculate the depth of the earth by using a compass:

Everbody join this test that want to do it.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Calculating the center of the earth by using just a compass
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
Hello mister and misses so-and-so, and team NASA,
If the earth is a sphere, the compass always shows the point “in the earth”, except north.  But it usually shows the North on the horizontal way.  But the world is a flat so your compass always shows the North on the horizontal!
So the earth is a flat.

I have a counter-theory.  You observe that "the compass...shows the North on the horizontal way", but you perhaps are not aware that compass needles are weighted on one end to achieve this 'horizontal' display.  Were they not, compass needles in the northern hemisphere WOULD point down to the north, and in the southern hemisphere they would point down to the south.  For example, compass makers Suunto imply this in passing when they mention having a two-zone balancing system, with a northern hemisphere zone and a southern hemisphere zone available.  Same thing from a marine compass manufacturer, Amee & Company, but made more explicit.  Here is another discussion, this time related to aviation.  The point being: the effect you think does NOT exist, in fact DOES exist, is well known, and is compensated for. 

The effect is most extreme at the magnetic poles (opposite of the "...except north" portion of your statement) where an unrestrained compass needle would point straight up and down.  In fact, a device designed for exactly that motion was used to identify the geographic location of the magnetic north pole, called a Dip Circle or a Dip Needle.

The effect was discovered in 1544 by a German mathematician and instrument maker named Georg Hartmann, and his immediate reaction was to try and compensate for it in the compasses he made.  Anybody here who wants to experiment with it will be better served to suspend a magnetized needle from a fine thread, rather than using a camping-style compass, since that compass will be at least partly compensated by weight on one end of the needle.  Or, if you have some money to spend, you could buy a Dip Needle demonstrator.

Bottom line: the phenomenon you state WOULD exist, IF only the earth was round?  It in fact DOES exist.  Draw from that what conclusion you will.

(Should I add "Proud mister so-and-so, team NASA" to my signature?  I think I should!)
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

İntikam

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:59:31 AM »
I'll publish how the test been done and the results of my tests about this matter about at evening. (now it is noon here)  :)

İntikam

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »
Why the world isn't a big magnet:

Because If it is, then it causes neurological problems on all human in the world.

Control: Using another compass far away to first compass.

For prove or debunk it somebody need to use a compass on the Antarctica. If it shows about horizontal then the earth has one magnetic pole on the center and there isn't another pole. If it shows the bottom ot the earth then;

If the earth has two magnetic poles and one of them is the "South Pole" ; or the earth is a sphere. Or there is another magnetic case we dont understand it.

Edit. Notice:

This theory depends on the force between charged particles. F= KQq/R^2

Here is;

F= Force
K= a constant
Q= charge of the earth
q= charge of the Compass bar
R= The distance between the center of the earth and the compass.

Test2:

I see that Bacgammon board has a few nails and these facts the measurement. So this test i used a wooden game board.

L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 3mm

R= 5.091 kms (From Istanbul to Geographic North)

h (center of the earth) = 3*5091 / 150 = 102 kms

H (depth of the earth) = 2*3*5091/150 = 204 kms

This test isn't  consistent with first . one of them is wrong.

probably this measurement is more accurate than first.

Test3:

Board is same board that used on test2

L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 2,5mm

h (center of the earth) = 2,5*5091 / 150 = 85 kms

H (depth of the earth) = 2*2,5*5091/150 = 170 kms

İntikam

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »
Join my test!

Offline thatsnice

• Don't you just love Reuleaux triangles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 2,5mm

Nice calculation considering the deepest trench in the world is 2550 kms deep, 15 times deeper than what you just calculated the flat earth to be. Therefore, either your method of calculation is flawed or compasses are made to account for this pointing directly towards the poles. ALSO you stated that there's only one pole. You cannot have a uni-polar magnet, basic law of physics.
"You never go full retard."

İntikam

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 08:10:27 PM »
L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 2,5mm

Nice calculation considering the deepest trench in the world is 2550 kms deep, 15 times deeper than what you just calculated the flat earth to be. Therefore, either your method of calculation is flawed or compasses are made to account for this pointing directly towards the poles. ALSO you stated that there's only one pole. You cannot have a uni-polar magnet, basic law of physics.

May i learn Which proof do you offer about say the world 2550 kms deep.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:16:45 PM by İntikam »

Offline thatsnice

• Don't you just love Reuleaux triangles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »
L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 2,5mm

May i learn Which proof do you offer about say the world 2550 kms deep.
My bad, I misremembered something, and I apologize. However, you still cannot have a uni-polar magnet.
"You never go full retard."

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 11:21:26 PM »
I'm confused. You are using the fact that compasses don't tilt to prove that the earth isn't round. Then you are using the tilt of the compass to calculate the depth of a flat earth? Make up your mind, do the compasses tilt or not?

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 11:38:19 PM »
The North magnetic pole does not point the geographic/celestial North pole, it's constantly moving and it's motion is detectable in a decade.
The South magnetic pole does exist, it's currently outside of Antarctic mainland, it does move like it's northern counterpart.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 02:01:18 AM »
What is the reason for specifying the use of cheap compasses instead of expensive ones?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »
I don't think the compass always shows North on the horizontal. I believe the magnetic field lines are vertical when you get closer to the poles due to the configuration of the magnetic field lines on a Flat Earth.

At the latitude of Seattle Washington a normal compass is already scraping the bottom of its tray. In the entire Arctic and Antarctic circle the field lines are vertical and a normal compass is useless. See: http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug98/899130154.Es.r.html

İntikam

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
I'm confused. You are using the fact that compasses don't tilt to prove that the earth isn't round. Then you are using the tilt of the compass to calculate the depth of a flat earth? Make up your mind, do the compasses tilt or not?

I'm pre-accepting "charge pulling" instead of magnetic poles.

I didn't say that i refuse the gravity except most of other Re's. However i'm thinking the world as a "charged object", actually it is almost impossible it haven't a grand charge.

So i'm estimating that the compass shows the center of the earth caused by force between "charged objects".

I'm rejecting the magnetic area, i depend it on it is imppossible if there is a magnetic area around the world it causes neurological problems. But the force between "charged objects" don't occurs neurological problems. So it is higher probability believe the power between charged objects, instead of believing to there is a magnetic area or magnetic force around the world.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:28:22 PM by İntikam »

İntikam

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
I don't think the compass always shows North on the horizontal. I believe the magnetic field lines are vertical when you get closer to the poles due to the configuration of the magnetic field lines on a Flat Earth.

At the latitude of Seattle Washington a normal compass is already scraping the bottom of its tray. In the entire Arctic and Antarctic circle the field lines are vertical and a normal compass is useless. See: http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug98/899130154.Es.r.html

I don't understand fully the article. But i wonder if you believe two magnetic poles or not.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 02:21:34 AM »

I don't understand fully the article. But i wonder if you believe two magnetic poles or not.

Movement of magnetic poles from 1590 to 2020
Based on the current WMM model, the 2015 location of the north magnetic pole is 86.27°N and 159.18°W and the south magnetic pole is 64.26°S and 136.59°E.
Experimental observations of dip poles

Tom Bishop claims: "In the entire Arctic and Antarctic circle the field lines are vertical and a normal compass is useless.",
but as you can see from above, the South Magnetic Pole is not even within the Antarctic Circle and Antarctic workers actually do use appropriately weighted magnetic compasses for navigation within most parts or Antarctica! They do have special maps with details of compass variations.

Look at what people there actually do!
Navigation in Antarctica
This week at Mawson: 1 November 2013
In the days before Global Positioning Satellites, or GPS, were invented, land navigation in Antarctica was a real challenge. Magnetic compasses, sun compasses, sextants, and dead reckoning were all used by the Antarctic traveller, but each method had its own unique drawbacks. Even modern day GPS can have problems. Coverage at the higher latitudes is limited to certain, yet predictable, hours of the day. At times, accuracy is diminished by the low incident angles of the satellites to the horizon.

Magnetic compasses must be modified for use in high polar latitudes by re-weighting the needle. As the compass gets closer to the South Pole, the south-seeking end of the needle is pulled downward toward the earth and will drag on its enclosure unless the proper non-magnetic counterweight (copper wire) is added to the north-seeking end.

Field parties must be careful of localised magnetic variations. On Ross Island, for example, magnetic compasses are unusable because there is so much iron in the rock. Likewise, compasses are also affected by the metal in vehicles. Bearings must be taken well away from such disturbing influences. Navigation with a magnetic compass over long distances is difficult because the magnetic variation (the difference between magnetic and true north) is so high, and changes significantly over short distances. Field parties may elect to travel by using a Grid North system, versus a magnetic or true-north system. Using a compass is an accurate way to determine bearings.
From: Australian Antarctic Division: Leading Australia’s Antarctic Programme

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:42 AM »
Tom Bishop claims: "In the entire Arctic and Antarctic circle the field lines are vertical and a normal compass is useless.",
but as you can see from above, the South Magnetic Pole is not even within the Antarctic Circle and Antarctic workers actually do use appropriately weighted magnetic compasses for navigation within most parts or Antarctica!

I believe I said normal compass.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »
but as you can see from above, the South Magnetic Pole is not even within the Antarctic Circle and Antarctic workers actually do use appropriately weighted magnetic compasses for navigation within most parts or Antarctica!

I believe I said normal compass.
Yes, you did. I apologise, though it is not correct to even say "In the entire Arctic and Antarctic circle the field lines are vertical", though they the inclination is certainly high.

Here is a link to a big map of it World Magnetic Inclination 2015.

İntikam

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 07:31:14 AM »
It is hard to use the compass on Antarctica, because

The power affected the compass bar is so small.

F = K.Q1.Q2 / (R^2).  If R>> then the force is at minimum.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »

In an earlier post (in Posted by: rabinoz « on: May 02, 2016, 02:21:34 AM ») I showed the location of the South Magnetic Pole at 64.26°S and 136.59°E. That is south of Adelaide in Australia and a bit north of the Antarctic Circle.

A compass (with correct weighting) can be used over most of Antarctica. The references I gave are the organisation that actually works there!
They know a lot more about this than you and I!

İntikam

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 09:04:52 AM »

In an earlier post (in Posted by: rabinoz « on: May 02, 2016, 02:21:34 AM ») I showed the location of the South Magnetic Pole at 64.26°S and 136.59°E. That is south of Adelaide in Australia and a bit north of the Antarctic Circle.

A compass (with correct weighting) can be used over most of Antarctica. The references I gave are the organisation that actually works there!
They know a lot more about this than you and I!

don't more talking and do the experiment I suggested. send me the results. do a good job.  :)