Peirce Quincuncial Projection
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »
I've just joined this forum to post my first flat earth video. I propose that the Peirce Quincuncial Projection is an accurate map of the flat earth. Please watch this video and let me know your thoughts. I welcome feedback.

Re: Peirce Quincuncial Projection
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

i find it intersting how all the FE maps start by utilizing a globe map and then modifying/chopping it up as needed to create some version of a flat map. why is that?  its almost as if people understand its correct but are trying to find another version that utilizes all the base information.  this proposed map is basically just a globe map, if you look down from the north pole, then cut it into 4 pieces, spread it out and then fill in the gaps with extra ocean

this map still has the same issues as most FE maps in that observed stars/movements dont work for the southern hemisphere.

but props for you for actually trying to create a flat earth map, more effort than typical.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:46:40 PM by Round Eyes »
Quote from: SiDawg
Planes fall out of the sky all the time

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
You say (about 4:10) that the standard theory says downwards force at the equator should be less, due to centripetal force, 'but this is not what we observe'. Can you give a reference for this please?

Shortly afterwards, you say the Bedford level experiment proves the earth is flat. This has been much discussed here. Again, what is your reference?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:23:33 PM »
Well I like it. I'm not going to give you any bitcoin, but I enjoyed the video.

It isn't a projection I have seriously considered before because of the New Zealand issue you show. However I hadn't realised redrawing to make London the centre (something I'm not going to complain about at all, if there is a God, he's likely to have put his favourite people in the middle), would fix many of these issues.

As flat earth maps go, this is as good as any.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:31:25 PM »
I actually thought it was a good video, well made.
There's loads of thing wrong with the content, first point was the claim that:

"Every image of earth since the blue marble is a composite. Only one image of earth in existence."

Completely untrue. The NASA quote is taken completely out of context. The himawari8 satellite (nothing to do with NASA) takes a photo of the whole earth every 10 minutes.

https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:35 PM »
I can't watch (listen to) the video at the moment, but I'd just like to throw in 2ยข to suggest avoiding referring to flat earth maps as "projections."  I have nothing vested in the flat earth map effort, but a projection presumes a spherical surface being "projected" onto a 2D flat depiction. If the earth is not a globe, then the map of it is not a projection.

Just a nitpick. I'll watch the video later, but comments sound good.

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:25 PM »

"Every image of earth since the blue marble is a composite. Only one image of earth in existence."

Completely untrue. The NASA quote is taken completely out of context. The himawari8 satellite (nothing to do with NASA) takes a photo of the whole earth every 10 minutes.

I agree the statement is untrue, but it might be not as straightforward as that. Because few earth images are photographs as with a camera. Himaware-8 and the US's GOES satellites use multi-spectral imagers that assemble products from strips, including frequencies outside of human visible light. Whether or not that is considered a "composite" I don't know. I think not, but you might get sticklers contesting since it's not a single exposure photograph. I'm not even sure if any geostationary satellites have cameras with a FOV wide enough to capture the whole earth in one shot.

The EPIC imager on DSCOVR (which is positioned much further away from earth than geostationary imagers) is multispectrum also, but I believe it's distance from earth, aperture and method of image capture should qualify it as a noncomposite image, even though it does combine 10 spectral channels to create images. The FOV, though, is wide enough to image the entire earth in one "shot," so even if Himarawa and GOES are disqualified from refuting the blue marble claim, I think DSCOVR (EPIC) isn't.

https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/epic

Max_Almond

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 09:11:16 PM »
It's a well made video and you come across quite well, but you lost me in Part 1, where you repeat the old "continents change size" claim, and "all images are composites, even according to NASA."

Those are way too entry level, easily understood as bunkum by any thinking person - which I'm going to assume you are.

A bit more research and investigation, I reckon, if you want to be taken seriously.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:46:38 PM by Max_Almond »

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »
It has lines of longitude curving around, which they wouldn't on a flat earth. Also the equator turns corners abruptly - this would be difficult for planes travelling at 550 mph, plus the equatorial flight paths would take much longer than they actually do.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:25:28 PM by edby »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »

I agree the statement is untrue, but it might be not as straightforward as that. Because few earth images are photographs as with a camera. Himaware-8 and the US's GOES satellites use multi-spectral imagers that assemble products from strips, including frequencies outside of human visible light. Whether or not that is considered a "composite" I don't know. I think not, but you might get sticklers contesting since it's not a single exposure photograph. I'm not even sure if any geostationary satellites have cameras with a FOV wide enough to capture the whole earth in one shot.

The EPIC imager on DSCOVR (which is positioned much further away from earth than geostationary imagers) is multispectrum also, but I believe it's distance from earth, aperture and method of image capture should qualify it as a noncomposite image, even though it does combine 10 spectral channels to create images. The FOV, though, is wide enough to image the entire earth in one "shot," so even if Himarawa and GOES are disqualified from refuting the blue marble claim, I think DSCOVR (EPIC) isn't.

https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/epic

Interesting. I never quite understand the issue of composite images, FE people seem to confuse "composite" with "fake".
Surely the relevant point here is the images are said to have been taken from space. That's the bit you need to prove false if you're going to maintain FE belief, not how the images are processed or whether images have been stitched together.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
For a first go, its a very good one.

Ignore this ...
Quote from: Max_Almond
A bit more research and investigation, I reckon, if you want to be taken seriously.

Focus on this ...
but props for you for actually trying to create a flat earth map
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Max_Almond

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 09:55:59 PM »
You may also want to research more about how flights are tracked when they are over the southern hemisphere oceans, as what you're saying in the video is inaccurate.

Information isn't hidden, it's unavailable.

Nor are planes tracked by GPS, but rather by ADS-B and radar.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:03:17 PM »
Thanks for the feedback and support. I really appreciate it.

For a first go, its a very good one.

Ignore this ...
Quote from: Max_Almond

Focus on this ...
but props for you for actually trying to create a flat earth map

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Yes, looking deeper into flight paths is the logical next step. I'm already looking into this having published the map. Thanks for the feedback.

You may also want to research more about how flights are tracked when they are over the southern hemisphere oceans, as what you're saying in the video is inaccurate.

Information isn't hidden, it's unavailable.

Nor are planes tracked by GPS, but rather by ADS-B and radar.

Max_Almond

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
What route does the Sydney-Santiago flight take on this map?

Have you any sense of the distances? How far is London from the North Pole, for example? Or to Cape Town?

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »
Interesting map, but there are still many many questions unanswered.

for example;
Meridians of longitude are places on the earth where the sun is at its highest each day, your meridians dont work with any sun model proposed so far.
Parallels of lattitude are places where the sun has the same apparent altitude for a given declination. Your map does not work with the suns path.

Your distances between major continents must be way out from what is actually measured by ships tracks.

Your lines (squares) of lattitude contain right angles, requiring a traveller to turn 90 degrees to maintain an east or west heading at certain points on the globe, that does not happen. Neither does the model you propose work with any of the known measurements of the magnetic field lines of the earth.

The above are just some, there are many more things need explaining.

However i do congratulate you for actually doing something, and attempting to create a model.

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 11:32:10 PM »
I've just joined this forum to post my first flat earth video. I propose that the Peirce Quincuncial Projection is an accurate map of the flat earth. Please watch this video and let me know your thoughts. I welcome feedback.

This map can't be correct because it does not match shipping times and flight times between South America and Australia.

Heres's a link about flight times:

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9213.0

Here's a link about shipping/ship travel time:

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9750.0
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:36:28 PM by iamcpc »

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:25 PM »
You've raised some good points. So I will look into the sun paths and distances between countries.

Your lines (squares) of lattitude contain right angles, requiring a traveller to turn 90 degrees to maintain an east or west heading at certain points on the globe, that does not happen.

This map does show the equator as a square with right angles. However, you only have to travel slightly away from the corner positions for the lines of latitude to curve again. So with only four very small points on the map causing the line of lattitude to turn exactly 90 degrees, in the middle of the sea, this could be covered up.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »
I can also fly from Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia in about 14.5 hours (the black line on the image which is about 9 CM).
https://imgur.com/a/WASO5

Have you actually taken this journey from Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia? Is this really possible?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 12:10:49 AM »
I can also fly from Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia in about 14.5 hours (the black line on the image which is about 9 CM).
https://imgur.com/a/WASO5

Have you actually taken this journey from Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia? Is this really possible?
Have you actually been to all four south poles on your Peirce Quincuncial Projection (of the Globe, I might add) to see if they are really in different places?

On the Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia flight:
QANTAS flies regular flights QF27, Sydney Australia to Santiago Chile and QF28 Santiago, Chile to Sydney Australia. Here is a post one about a QF28 flight:
Quote from: TWCobra
A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28)

QF28, Route on Mercator's Projection
[Nov 18 2016] For anyone interested, in a couple of hours I'll be heading out of Santiago heading for Sydney on the QF28. The flight plan has us spending quite a bit of time at 71'30" South and the cloud forecast at the moment shows not a lot of cloud! Lucky I brought 2 GoPros with me!

Fingers crossed for a good time-lapse video of the ice pack!

The pic above shows the route. I've been meaning to post something explaining great circle routes and why they are faster. This map will help once I compare it to the Google Earth representation of the track.

In the meantime we will be taking off around 1700 GMT and landing about 14 hours later. Only around 5% of the flight will be visible on FR24 as there is just nobody to pick up our ADSB signals.

Main Flight plan has just arrived with 13:25 as the flight time which should have us in Sydney on schedule at 0645 UTC. Here is what the flight looks like in the Nav software.

QF28, Route on Polar Projection
[UPDATE: Nov 19, 2016]
Just got in. We had 30 minutes with an awesome view of the ice.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Read the rest in: A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28)

You might also read Flat Earth Theory Debunked by Short Flights (QF27 & QF28) From Australia to South America.