Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4220 on: August 02, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
As far as your secret, you have a hard time convincing anyone that lower and middle class America is being destroyed, because that is the supposed audience this magical talking point is directed.

Trump's audience is not those people.

Wait, you're saying Trump's "audience" (as if he wasn't the entire country's President but whatever) is exclusively the rich and privileged? ???
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: August 02, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
As far as your secret, you have a hard time convincing anyone that lower and middle class America is being destroyed, because that is the supposed audience this magical talking point is directed.

Wait, you're saying Trump's "audience" (as if he wasn't the entire country's President but whatever) is exclusively the rich and privileged? ???

Or the poor, welfare users.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4222 on: August 05, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »

But in keeping with maintaining the OP, Trump is not to blame (even according to orange man bad advocates) for the cost of prescription drugs in the USA.

Neither does he have an obligation or responsibility to fix them.

Trump isn't to blame for how the healthcare got here, but he can, and certainly SHOULD, do something about it. He's the president after all, and isn't it his job to fight for the American people? We are Trump's boss, and he should be working for US. It is no secret that healthcare is destroying lower and middle class America.

So, actually Trump DOES have an obligation and a responsibility to fix this.
No, he doesn't.

All too often there is someone crying for the government to fix something when they have no legitimate reason to. Fighting for the American people does not include interfering in affairs not laid out in the US Constitution.

Your rebuttal is astounding as usual.... "No, he doesn't." ... Guess you got me there. :o

When you say "that is the supposed audience....  Trump's audience is not those people", are you saying that Trump's audience is upper class America? Not arguing your point yet, just trying to get some clarification before you proceed to muddy up this discussion with more "nuh uhs" and "Your wrongs"....

Trump's audience is sane people who recognize insanity, do not fall for the, "help me, I'm broke," BS spouted by people whose greatest struggle has been breaking free from from the sofa in the parent's basement.

And again, healthcare isn't destroying middle class America.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: August 05, 2019, 12:31:56 PM »

But in keeping with maintaining the OP, Trump is not to blame (even according to orange man bad advocates) for the cost of prescription drugs in the USA.

Trump isn't to blame for how the healthcare got here, but he can, and certainly SHOULD, do something about it. He's the president after all, and isn't it his job to fight for the American people? We are Trump's boss, and he should be working for US. It is no secret that healthcare is destroying lower and middle class America.

No, he doesn't.

All too often there is someone crying for the government to fix something when they have no legitimate reason to. Fighting for the American people does not include interfering in affairs not laid out in the US Constitution.

Your rebuttal is astounding as usual.... "No, he doesn't." ... Guess you got me there. :o

When you say "that is the supposed audience....  Trump's audience is not those people", are you saying that Trump's audience is upper class America? Not arguing your point yet, just trying to get some clarification before you proceed to muddy up this discussion with more "nuh uhs" and "Your wrongs"....

Trump's audience is sane people who recognize insanity, do not fall for the, "help me, I'm broke," BS spouted by people whose greatest struggle has been breaking free from from the sofa in the parent's basement.

That's quite a presumptuous statement. Do you know anyone with a serious chronic illness? I doubt it from the way you dismiss the struggles of the average American. It is no wonder you are a Trump supporter. Birds of a feather flock together. It is clear that Trump has no empathy for the average American, and that is one of my concerns for giving him so much power and authority. Someone who doesn't know what it is like to struggle to make ends meat or to make a bill payment - living paycheck to paycheck isn't a symptom of couch potatoes. It's a symptom of stratification. Rich get richer, and poor get poorer. It's basic economics.

Furthermore,

Trump's audience is sane people who recognize insanity

I cringe at your definition of sanity.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #4224 on: August 05, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »

No, he doesn't.

That's quite a presumptuous statement. Do you know anyone with a serious chronic illness?
Yes.

I have a chronic illness.

Both of my sisters have a chronic illness, as does my father.
I doubt it from the way you dismiss the struggles of the average American.
What do you know about an "average American?"

Where does this high handedness arise?

Questioning what I know.
It is no wonder you are a Trump supporter. Birds of a feather flock together. It is clear that Trump has no empathy for the average American, and that is one of my concerns for giving him so much power and authority.
Yeah, right.
Someone who doesn't know what it is like to struggle to make ends meat or to make a bill payment - living paycheck to paycheck isn't a symptom of couch potatoes. It's a symptom of stratification. Rich get richer, and poor get poorer. It's basic economics.
Basic economics...LOL!

Basic economics first lesson is DON'T LET EXPENDITURES EQUAL MORE THAN INCOME!!!

Spare me the economics lesson.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and somehow expecting a different result.

You, so far to this point, have failed to differentiate your message from that of any other typical politician in either party as pictured today...

Sorry, not buying...and neither are the rest of the 2020 supporters.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:50:16 PM by totallackey »

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: August 05, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »

No, he doesn't.

That's quite a presumptuous statement. Do you know anyone with a serious chronic illness?
Yes.

I have a chronic illness.

Both of my sisters have a chronic illness, as does my father.
I doubt it from the way you dismiss the struggles of the average American.
What do you know about an "average American?"

Where does this high handedness arise?

Questioning what I know.
It is no wonder you are a Trump supporter. Birds of a feather flock together. It is clear that Trump has no empathy for the average American, and that is one of my concerns for giving him so much power and authority.
Yeah, right.
Someone who doesn't know what it is like to struggle to make ends meat or to make a bill payment - living paycheck to paycheck isn't a symptom of couch potatoes. It's a symptom of stratification. Rich get richer, and poor get poorer. It's basic economics.
Basic economics...LOL!

Basic economics first lesson is DON'T LET EXPENDITURES EQUAL MORE THAN INCOME!!!

Spare me the economics lesson.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and somehow expecting a different result.

You, so far to this point, have failed to differentiate your message from that of any other typical politician in either party as pictured today...

Sorry, not buying...and neither are the rest of the 2020 supporters.

I think doing things differently would be to seek out alternative fuel sources - not loosen restrictions on coal and oil industries so they can monopolize, capitalize, and simultaneously destroy the environment and any chance of having a sustainable future. I think doing things differently would be to lower taxes for people who need some extra money at the end of the month for groceries, rather than lower taxes for those who need the money for an extra yacht.  I think doing things differently would be to put down the golf clubs and try visiting an impoverished neighborhood to see how little time real American's have for entertainment. I think doing things different might be to stop the hate speech, stop the bigotry, and stop the discrimination.

Doing thing differently might be to wake up and realize that there are 7.5 billion people on a planet that is dying. Can you guess why it's dying? Economics, as you so clearly pointed out is not letting expenditures exceed income. Humanity's input is by far exceeding it's output - by about 100% - meaning we consume so much that we need an entire other earth to support our current existence. People like you and other Trumpers seem to have missed the topic of conservation of resources. Trump believes there is such a thing as "clean coal".... someone who dismisses the reality of this equation can only be called, simply, a moron.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #4226 on: August 05, 2019, 03:35:36 PM »
I think doing things differently would be to seek out alternative fuel sources - not loosen restrictions on coal and oil industries so they can monopolize, capitalize, and simultaneously destroy the environment and any chance of having a sustainable future.
Individuals are free to build their own methods of energy supply.

Fact is, the methods advocated for national reliance, such as solar and wind, are still far below that of oil and gas in terms of efficiency and ROI.

The environment is not being destroyed either.
I think doing things differently would be to lower taxes for people who need some extra money at the end of the month for groceries, rather than lower taxes for those who need the money for an extra yacht.
I agree.

Taxes on production should be eliminated.

Taxation of consumption at a 10 percent rate of GDP would eliminate the national debt and result in a budget surplus and allow folks (who can control their individual spending) a more reasonable way to save money.

I think doing things differently would be to put down the golf clubs and try visiting an impoverished neighborhood to see how little time real American's have for entertainment. I think doing things different might be to stop the hate speech, stop the bigotry, and stop the discrimination.
There is no such thing as hate speech.

Trump is not a bigot, nor does he discriminate.
Doing thing differently might be to wake up and realize that there are 7.5 billion people on a planet that is dying. Can you guess why it's dying? Economics, as you so clearly pointed out is not letting expenditures exceed income. Humanity's input is by far exceeding it's output - by about 100% - meaning we consume so much that we need an entire other earth to support our current existence.
Conveniently ignoring the fact the entire population of the planet could be placed in a state the size of Oregon, with 4 people each living in a 1400 sq ft home and a quarter acre yard.
People like you and other Trumpers seem to have missed the topic of conservation of resources. Trump believes there is such a thing as "clean coal".... someone who dismisses the reality of this equation can only be called, simply, a moron.
This last portion can only be likened to Henny Penny and we all know how that story ends...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:44:13 PM by totallackey »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 05, 2019, 04:00:51 PM »
Please stop with the gigantic quote pyramids. It needlessly clutters the thread.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 05, 2019, 04:53:25 PM »
Individuals are free to build their own methods of energy supply.

Fact is, the methods advocated for national reliance, such as solar and wind, are still far below that of oil and gas in terms of efficiency and ROI.

The environment is not being destroyed either. <- Do you live under a rock?

This is true, although completely impractical. Not many people have the resources or the know-how to make their own energy. And are you talking about converting your vehicle to run of hydrogen or vegetable oil (or similar)? Do you know how to do this? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does - doesn't mean it's not out there, but get real. Most people are not auto-mechanics, let alone engineers. Are you talking about converting my electrical at home to run off-grid? Again, something that most people don't know how to do or have the means to do it. In fact, if people start getting on youtube and googling methods of power conversion, and they get it wrong, they might just end up burning down their house.

There is no such thing as hate speech.

In an effort to avoid giving an answer to likeness of, "You're wrong", I will try to provide evidence of hate speech. First off, take a look at this pdf: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/IF11072.pdf

It defines several categories of speech that are not protected by the 1st amendment. Not all of it is hate speech, but if you, for instance, threaten someone with violent actions, that is considered hate speech. So, I don't know what kind of veil you hide behind that allows you to ignore these types of defamation.

Trump is not a bigot, nor does he discriminate.

Can I get away with saying, "ya, right"?

Here is how bigotry is defined by merriam webster:

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially
: one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Would you say that Trump's efforts to prevent anyone who is "muslim" from entering the country falls into the category of "one who regards or treats members of a group with hatred and intolerance"?

Conveniently ignoring the fact the entire population of the planet could be placed in a state the size of Oregon, with 4 people each living in a 1400 sq ft home and a quarter acre yard.

Have you been to or seen the country of India? You might be able to cram a billion people in a tiny little area, but let's be honest... do you REALLY think that will work? And you are conveniently ignoring the fact that crammed people still eat, sleep, crap, and consume. Having enough space to put everyone is not the issue here... we are talking about resources. Consumables. Look what's happening in the Amazon rain forest... do you think earth will be just fine without all of those trees? Reminds me of the Lorax.... I guess come corporation will start charging for air just like they do with water.
"noche te ipsum"

Rama Set

« Reply #4229 on: August 05, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
To be fair, what’s happening in the Amazon rain forest is because of agriculture practices that favor cost efficiency over practicality.

Quote from: Total Lackey

Then let’s subsidize clean energy over oil. Sounds like it could use a bump.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: August 06, 2019, 05:36:14 AM »
Actually fossil fuels have a HORRIBLE ROI.

Think about it: how long did it take for the oil or gas to initially form?  Millions of years.  We're literally just reaping what was started before humans existed.  If it took a decade to grow a single stalk of corn to maturity, would corn have a good ROI?  No. 

Meanwhile: solar, wind, and hydro all generate power with energy absorbed between a few days(wind, hydro) and instantly(solar).   Of course it takes billions of years for a star to form, but the sun will outlast the oil so....

I mean, even big oil companies are looking into wind, solar, hydro, wave power, etc... Because they know fossil fuels won't last forever.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4231 on: August 06, 2019, 10:38:45 AM »

Think about it: how long did it take for the oil or gas to initially form?  Millions of years.  We're literally just reaping what was started before humans existed.  If it took a decade to grow a single stalk of corn to maturity, would corn have a good ROI?  No. 

Meanwhile: solar, wind, and hydro all generate power with energy absorbed between a few days(wind, hydro) and instantly(solar).   Of course it takes billions of years for a star to form, but the sun will outlast the oil so....

I mean, even big oil companies are looking into wind, solar, hydro, wave power, etc... Because they know fossil fuels won't last forever.
Your entire post is so full of misinformation, I don't where to begin...

Big oil is in the industries you mention to make money, period, so yeah...we will start there...

The only thing more efficiently producing energy than an internal combustion engine is a bicycle, so I will give you one to the side of green there...

Other than that, just like the climate change BS we read about ice caps melting and disappearing 5 years ago, we have read the same old BS about petrol running out since the mid 70's when jackalope Jimmy trotted out that BS.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:29:30 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #4232 on: August 06, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »

Big oil is in the industries you mention to make money, period, so yeah...we will start there...

The only thing more efficiently producing energy than an internal combustion engine is a bicycle, so I will give you one to the side of green there...

speaking of misinformation for producing electricity, it looks like fossil fuels are literally the worst option.  https://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/what-is-the-most-efficient-source-of-electricity-1754/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: August 06, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »

Other than that, just like the climate change BS we read about ice caps melting and disappearing 5 years ago, we have read the same old BS about petrol running out since the mid 70's when jackalope Jimmy trotted out that BS.

1. Fossil fuels don't take millions of years to be created?  Do tell, how are they made and how long?
2. You do not understand energy or efficiency.  At all.

Efficiency is the energy converted into usable work vs the energy used.
An ICE is about 25% efficient with a theoretical efficiency of about 50% (we aren't there yet).  This is because combustion of fossil fuels produces light, heat, sound, and pressure.  Only the pressure is used to turn the crankshaft.  Everything else is expelled (with some exceptions of heat being used for a heater in older cars).  Thats alot of energy lost.

An ectric motor is more efficient than an ICE.  It uses about 90% of the energy it gets to spin.  This is because electrical energy, while it does produce heat when in a circuit, produces minimal heat when resistance is low.  Thus, most of the electrical energy can be used to power the motor.

Biking is efficient but mostly because its a very light vehicle that's human powered.

And yes, oil makes money.  Not saying otherwise.  But they make it off digging up something that took millions of years to produce.  They did not make the oil themselves. 

If I put a box of 100 new ipads on a top shelf and tell you that you can sell them and keep all the profits if you get it, does that mean iPads have a good ROI for sales? What if I tell you that you had to build your own?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: August 07, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/trump-gun-access-restrictions-1449663

So not only is his rhetoric spurring lunatics with guns to take personal action against the dangerous invasion taking place at our borders, his policies are actually making it easier for those lunatics to get those guns in the first place. No wonder he wants to focus on the influence of video games or what the fuck ever in the gun debate.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #4235 on: August 07, 2019, 01:52:53 PM »

So not only is his rhetoric spurring lunatics with guns to take personal action against the dangerous invasion taking place at our borders, his policies are actually making it easier for those lunatics to get those guns in the first place. No wonder he wants to focus on the influence of video games or what the fuck ever in the gun debate.
Laying the blame for mass shootings at Trump's feet is only going to get him re-elected.

But let's try it.

"I now blame Trump for all mass shootings that have taken place while he has served as President. As a matter of fact, I blame Trump for all mass shootings that have taken place since he was born."

Nope...

Didn't work...still gonna vote for him.

Unless Tulsi wins the Democratic nomination.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: August 07, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »

Laying the blame for mass shootings at Trump's feet is only going to get him re-elected.

But let's try it.

"I now blame Trump for all mass shootings that have taken place while he has served as President. As a matter of fact, I blame Trump for all mass shootings that have taken place since he was born."

Nope...

I blame him for El Paso.  Nothing else.

Also, why Tulsi?

totallackey

« Reply #4237 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:31 PM »

But let's try it.

Nope...

I blame him for El Paso.  Nothing else.
He doesn't deserve it, just like the Dayton shooter cannot be placed at the feet of leftist ideologues.

Also, why Tulsi?
Why not?

She is straight on concerning the issues of BS wars waged in Afghanistan and Iraq, and doesn't seek to perpetuate the regime change BS of Bush and Clinton and Obama policies.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: August 07, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »
He doesn't deserve it, just like the Dayton shooter cannot be placed at the feet of leftist ideologues.

The man literally wrote a manifesto stating how he needs to stop the immigrants.  A familiar message from Trump.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-laugh-immigrants-shot/

The man even chucked at a "joke" about shooting immigrants.  Also called it an invasion.

Also, why Tulsi?
Why not?

She is straight on concerning the issues of BS wars waged in Afghanistan and Iraq, and doesn't seek to perpetuate the regime change BS of Bush and Clinton and Obama policies.
It just seems odd you'd pick anyone but Trump.  You're basically trolling so hard for him, I'd expect you to lick his golf ball if he asked.

Rama Set

« Reply #4239 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:15 PM »
Any ball really.

I don’t think it’s fair to pin this type of stuff on someone. There is a great chance that if Trump weren’t around, then the shooter would have clung to some other inspiration for his delusion.