For believers and 'un'believers...
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »
For believers and 'un'believers - or how to create religious fanatics on the basis of the unbelief using the proximity of the polarities.

I'm sure most of you here are considered to be much more intellectually developed from your  "oblate spheroid head's" opponents. In fact you do not differ in anything from them. They accept everything unreservedly for a truth - and you take everything for a lie. Religious fanaticism is always based on the extremes as an essential tool for mental deprivation.

The real truth of knowledge is only one:

Knowledge makes sense only if its holder can somehow benefit from it utilizing the information contained therein to manipulate the environment.

All other information that you can not use for this purpose you can safely ignore and accept for pure hoax. Whether the earth is round or flat will be relevant for you only if you are standing on the edge of the flat earth and from "step aside" depends on your life.

Characteristic of human society is that his reality differs greatly from the reality of the environment. In contrast to the actual environment - in human environment cause and effect relationships are not rigid. Throwing a pebble into a river almost always would cause waves on the surface of the water - Throwing a word in human communicative flow the most frequently leads to completely different results - often difficult to predict.  In other words - the definition of information as truth or lie is not strictly definable for human society. For a person who works at NASA and has to feed a family - counterfeit pictures must be accepted as true knowledge because he has benefit from them. For people created "the Flat Earth Society" they need to take their falsehood as truth for the same reasons  - the benefit. To say that "the earth is round" will not bring you nothing, if you do not work for NASA - saying that it was a lie and "the earth is flat" will bring you the little media attention with which to scratch your inferiority complex(that you're nobody and nobody knows about you).

I will ask a question to other people here:

"What is your personal benefit to stay here and discuss whether the earth is flat or not?"

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: For believers and 'un'believers...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:35:10 PM »
Personally, I'm here because the evidence has led me here. The earth is flat and experiment after experiment proves this.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »
Personally, I'm here because the evidence has led me here. The earth is flat and experiment after experiment proves this.

What is the most recent experiment you have conducted, or are aware of being conducted, that affirms your belief?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »

What is the most recent experiment you have conducted, or are aware of being conducted, that affirms your belief?

Rama, don't follow people around accusing them and derailing threads. This is to be a (probably quite interesting) discussion about the usefulness of knowledge and various philosophical arguments which I presume the OP is about to make. I'm intrigued by the OP and would like to read more. You want to turn this into yet another thread about experimental evidence. Go make your own thread if you want to have that discussion. It's not hard. And please don't make a reply to this where you passive-aggressively suggest that I'm avoiding the question. Just don't reply. Make your own thread. Please.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »

Rama, don't follow people around accusing them and derailing threads. This is to be a (probably quite interesting) discussion about the usefulness of knowledge and various philosophical arguments which I presume the OP is about to make. I'm intrigued by the OP and would like to read more. You want to turn this into yet another thread about experimental evidence. Go make your own thread if you want to have that discussion. It's not hard. And please don't make a reply to this where you passive-aggressively suggest that I'm avoiding the question. Just don't reply. Make your own thread. Please.

First off, this is a debate thread, so if you do not want to debate your beliefs, don't post.  Second , I did not accuse you of anything, I asked a simple question.  Maybe don't be so defensive?  If someone cannot ask you for clarification without your hackles getting up, I dont think you will have as nice as conversation as you are imagining.