Matthew G. Bianco

Christian/Bible Study Community
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:21:40 PM »
I suggest making a Christian group where we can discuss religious things pertaining to the Bible. I am new here and I find it an interesting idea to make a Christian community to discuss these debates.

Thork

Re: Christian/Bible Study Community
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »
You should probably post a bit and see what kind of common ground you find with other members before we look at setting up Christian groups on our forums.

Ghost of V

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
I am adamantly opposed to this idea. Religious arguments are not credible enough to be taken seriously and adapted into our Flat Earth theories. Unless you can prove otherwise. I am willing to consider your evidence.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:08:02 AM »
Personal religious beliefs among FE'ers is fine, but the society should be strongly agnostic. Any reference to religion, beyond as a historical curiosity, would only serve to solidify in people's minds the image of FE'ers as stubborn religious crazies.

___

After re-reading your post, I realize that I'm assuming you're talking about religion as it pertains to FET. If that's not the case, we already have a philosophy, religion, and society board. It's called philosophy, religion, and society. You should absolutely feel free to have discussions of Christianity and the Bible there.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
the society should be strongly agnostic..
Because you are?

The society is made of its members and they can be anything they like. If I want to relate every answer I give to the Quran, I will.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:38:40 PM »
the society should be strongly agnostic..
Because you are?

The society is made of its members and they can be anything they like. If I want to relate every answer I give to the Quran, I will.

I don't believe he meant that every member of the society should personally be agnostic. The official stance of FET is agnosticism.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:13:26 PM »
I suggest making a Christian group where we can discuss religious things pertaining to the Bible. I am new here and I find it an interesting idea to make a Christian community to discuss these debates.
There's already a board for that: Philosophy, Religion & Society
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.