Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1580 on: June 09, 2022, 04:43:25 PM »
Yeah, that's not conclusive evidence at all that this phenomenon does not exist.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wQNswGCOE

Many, many comments:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:07:45 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 09, 2022, 04:49:49 PM »
Tom Bishop: you can only trust a doctor’s opinions because he has the necessary medical background

Also Tom Bishop: look as these YouTube comments!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 09, 2022, 05:02:15 PM »
Those YouTube comments are amateur reports of people doing experiments. There are seemingly thousands of videos of people reporting this. This does not happen with sweaty skin:

I guess many people, including old women, just decided to lie about the same thing and make fake videos for some reason. Is that what you're claiming?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:19:05 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 09, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »
Those YouTube comments are amateur reports of people doing experiments. There are seemingly thousands of videos of people reporting this. This does not happen with sweaty skin:

I guess many people, including old women, just decided to lie about the same thing and make fake videos for some reason. Is that what you're claiming?

Amazing!
But maybe they should use something like another magnet?  You know, something with a low surface tension so it won't stick to the skin.

Or even better: lift a paperclip with their finger.

Seriously, this is just sad.  Its like none of you stuck spoons to your nose as a kid...

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 09, 2022, 05:35:17 PM »
I don't think arms have noses to hold spoons on. But even in the spoon-on-the-nose example, people know exactly what they are doing when performing it. They would know that it is a trick and that it is false that the spoon is actually attracted to their nose.

It seems that you are claiming that many people are spontaneously lying and performing tricks on this. This is not conclusive evidence that the claims are false, as stack had suggested to exist. That is just your own baseless claim that a lady with two YouTube videos on her account about her skiing with her friends and one about her whistling decided to lie about this.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:42:55 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 09, 2022, 05:49:08 PM »
I don't think arms have noses to hold spoons on. But even in the spoon-on-the-nose example, people know exactly what they are doing when performing it. They would know that it is a trick and that it is false that the spoon is actually attracted to their nose.

It seems that you are claiming that many people are spontaneously lying and performing tricks on this. This is not conclusive evidence that the claims are false, as stack had suggested to exist. That is just your own baseless claim that a lady with two YouTube videos on her account about her skiing with her friends and one about her whistling decided to lie about this.

*Sigh* its not a trick.
The friction of the metal and skin means it doesn't slide easily and can appear 'stuck'.  This will work with actual silver as well, which isn't magnetic.
Or a penny, which also isn't.

Its physics.
Also, a magnetic field powerful enough to hold a spoon to your skin should be measurable and definitely mess up a compass.  Maybe try that?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 09, 2022, 05:59:59 PM »
This is not conclusive evidence that the claims are false, as stack had suggested to exist. That is just your own baseless claim that a lady with two YouTube videos on her account about her skiing with her friends and one about her whistling decided to lie about this.

How come it doesn't work for me or anyone I know?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 09, 2022, 06:01:45 PM »
Tom Bishop: you can only trust a doctor’s opinions because he has the necessary medical background

Also Tom Bishop: look as these YouTube comments!
Well, also

Everyone: Here’s a load of doctors calling out that dude’s bullshit.

Tom Bishop: I didn’t mean those, you can’t trust them. I meant the one who is saying what I want to believe.

How d’ya like them cherries?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 09, 2022, 06:04:00 PM »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 09, 2022, 06:12:32 PM »
He describes that the shape of his arm muscle and crook of his elbow allows the spoon's shape to rest on it. He describes that it is a careful balancing act several times and knows that he is performing a trick. He would know that the claim that the spoon is attracted to his arm would be false.

Once again, your claim is that these people are liars who are playing tricks.

How come it doesn't work for me or anyone I know?

You probably should have performed a systematic test on all vaccine brands, and multiple batches to account for them changing the formula when this was discovered. You should have also preferably tested this when it was first injected and not a year after the fact.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 06:21:21 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: June 09, 2022, 06:17:22 PM »
He describes that the shape of his arm muscle muscle allows the spoon's shape to rest on it. He describes that it is a balancing act several times and knows that he is performing a trick. He would know that the claim that the spoon is attracted to his arm would be false.

Once again, your claim is that these people are liars who are playing tricks.

Yep.
Or dumb.  I mean, that one woman kept having issues.

But you claim thousands of people are lying to thr world daily, so not sure why this would be an issue for you.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 09, 2022, 06:38:47 PM »
Compilation of Magnets Sticking to Covid Injection Site - https://www.bitchute.com/video/ckuA6w9r13zD/

All throughout we see people claiming that magnets stick to them. Numerous people claiming the only place there is resistance is where they got the jab.

0:01 - Woman holding magnet over her arm - "I could feel the pull"

8:38 - Woman passes magnet over her injection site - "I can feel the pull"

11:15 - Man passes Metal Detector over his arm and hears beeping, claiming that it is detecting metal.

13:53 - The author of the video shows VARS reports of hundreds of people claiming that they experienced a "metallic taste" after being injected with the vaccine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 06:41:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 09, 2022, 06:43:32 PM »
Compilation of Magnets Sticking to Covid Injection Site - https://www.bitchute.com/video/ckuA6w9r13zD/

All throughout we see people claiming that magnets stick to them. Numerous people claiming the only place there is resistance is where they got the jab.

0:01 - Woman holding magnet over her arm - "I could feel the pull"

8:38 - Woman passes magnet over her injection site - "I can feel the pull"

11:15 - Man passes Metal Detector over his arm and hears beeping, claiming that it is detecting metal.

13:53 - The author of the video shows VARS reports of hundreds of people claiming that they experienced a "metallic taste" after being injected with the vaccine.

0:01 - unverifiable
8:38 - unverifiable
11:15 - easily faked
13:53 - irrelevant

« Reply #1593 on: June 09, 2022, 06:57:39 PM »
He said athletes, not only soccer players.
actually, he said, "...a couple of athletes per month used to die on the football field or on the soccer pitch. Now we're getting hundreds each month dying."

i do not believe this at all. cite a source. even if he's talking about all athletes everywhere, i'm extremely skeptical that hundreds of them are dropping dead of heart attacks while playing each month. hilariously, the other "sources" you cite do not back up this claim.

"trust me, i'm a doctor" is not evidence of anything. and if your source is willing to lie and simply make up numbers, then i'm not sure why i should trust anything else he has to say.

a couple of bar graphs
my brother in christ, this is not analysis. it's just a couple of bar graphs — at least one of which was made by a source that is outright lying about its own data (ha ha should be called badsciencing amirite).

there is no way people are lying on youtube
lol what
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 09, 2022, 06:58:52 PM »
How the utter fuck would a vaccine make you magnetic? Honestly, the shit some people believe…
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 09, 2022, 07:01:25 PM »
Numerous people claiming that they feel a pull when passing magnet over, that the magnet only sticks to one spot, that it is detectable by a metal detector, is actually evidence. People have claimed that this phenomenon exists and have videotaped themselves performing the experiment in multiple ways.

Claiming that they are liars is not a form of evidence at all.

Nor is the sentiment of "how would a vaccine make you magnetic?" This is also not a form of evidence.

It appears that you guys are running low on actual evidence.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 07:08:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

BillO

« Reply #1596 on: June 09, 2022, 07:16:54 PM »
Tom has gone full loop.

I've been vaccinated 3 times for COVID-19.  Magnets do not stick to my shoulder where I was vaccinated.

But sometimes I can't detach myself from the fridge.  I'm fairly sure that's because there is food and beer in there though.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 09, 2022, 07:22:05 PM »
i'm extremely skeptical

That is nice, but being skeptical is not a form of evidence.

Tom has gone full loop.

I've been vaccinated 3 times for COVID-19.  Magnets do not stick to my shoulder where I was vaccinated.

But sometimes I can't detach myself from the fridge.  I'm fairly sure that's because there is food and beer in there though.

We can see that you didn't claim to test yourself when you were first vaccinated. You are expecting the effect to be perpetual, or that all brands and batches were affected, or that they are still affected, which was not claimed. If you go through the media the reception was mixed and some people claim that they did not experience this.

None of it does anything to disprove the claims given.

« Reply #1598 on: June 09, 2022, 07:38:31 PM »
i'm extremely skeptical

That is nice, but being skeptical is not a form of evidence.

lol skepticism is the default position fam. it is your burden to prove the claims you're making are true. extraordinary claims (i.e., vaccines are causing people to drop dead) require extraordinary evidence. your evidence amounts to a wikipedia page about soccer and a couple of sources who outright lie about their own data.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 09, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
Numerous people claiming that they feel a pull when passing magnet over, that the magnet only sticks to one spot, that it is detectable by a metal detector, is actually evidence.
Sure. But as I have patiently explained to you multiple times, not all evidence is created equal. And how credible you find evidence or experts depends entirely on whether it confirms your opinions or worldview. It’s not an honest way of enquiring.

Nor is the sentiment of "how would a vaccine make you magnetic?" This is also not a form of evidence.

It is not intended to be. But if I said that when I had the vaccine I was able to fly - by your logic that is evidence, but it would be pretty reasonable to ask how that would work. What ingredient in the vaccine would do what in the body to make it magnetic?