Another counter-argument I need help with is

".your flat earth map has massive problems as well. Explain how it is possible to have arctic conditions in the dead center of the map, as well as on the outside with tropical conditions in the middle. How about night/day cycles in the polar regions?"

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile

".your flat earth map has massive problems as well. Explain how it is possible to have arctic conditions in the dead center of the map, as well as on the outside with tropical conditions in the middle. How about night/day cycles in the polar regions?"

On the monopolar map, the sun circles above the equator.  Sometimes its orbit is closer to the hub, sometimes the rim, and that is how seasons occur.  The polar regions are farther away from the sun than the temperate zones and tropics, and are therefore colder.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
As for day/night cycles at the poles, that's caused by disturbances in the aether.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

As for day/night cycles at the poles, that's caused by disturbances in the aether.

This is an assertion requiring substantiation.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile

This is an assertion requiring substantiation.

This is only tangentially related to the topic at hand. I'll be happy to go more in depth if you require it, but don't derail the thread. That's rude.

Rama Set

Polar dat/night cycles are specifically mentioned in the thread topic and OP, not tangentially.  You made an assertion about their cause and I stated that this requires substantiation.  It was not a derailment, and I was not rude.  It seems that it would be bad form to recommend a seemingly factual argument that has no substantiation is all.  Please do not cast aspersions on my posts unnecessarily.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Polar dat/night cycles are specifically mentioned in the thread topic and OP, not tangentially.  You made an assertion about their cause and I stated that this requires substantiation.  It was not a derailment, and I was not rude.  It seems that it would be bad form to recommend a seemingly factual argument that has no substantiation is all.  Please do not cast aspersions on my posts unnecessarily.

No, it is derailment. And so is this. Because you know what my answer is going to be, because you aren't new here and we've had this discussion before. My answer is that it's a theoretical model. Next we have a long, probably pedantic debate about the merits of theoretical research in which you repeatedly insist that RET theoretical models are different. That argument is only tangentially related to the OP. So if you want to have it, then it would be better to have it in a different thread.

Rama Set

Don't put words in my mouth thanks. I was keeping the assertions honest. Story over. Moving on.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
He is saying that you are a permanoob.  You know the answers and ask questions that you have had months or years to come up with a rebuttal to.  Why don't you let the new person ask a question or two? 

Rama Set

He is saying that you are a permanoob.  You know the answers and ask questions that you have had months or years to come up with a rebuttal to.  Why don't you let the new person ask a question or two? 

I did not ask a question and do not know any answers related to AWT.  I have asked Tausami multiple times for substantiation of theories related to AWT and the like and never received one. I pointed out that his assertion requires substantiation, that is all.  I really have nothing more to say on this unless you want to keep on discussing it.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile

You are a permaidiot. 

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Why don't you let the new person ask a question or two?
What's the difference if a new person or an old person asks a question if that question never gets a satisfactory answer either way?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
So much stupid.  I bet you think the earth is flat, dumbass. 

Thork

Why don't you let the new person ask a question or two?
What's the difference if a new person or an old person asks a question if that question never gets a satisfactory answer either way?
Because the old person already knows the reply they will receive yet keeps asking because they are lonely and just want some human interaction. Go to the lounge! >o<

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile

I think I can help answer your question.

Various models provide various explanations.

Monopolar (U. N. Logo) finite model: RE temperatures are explained well on the Equinoxes. The NP and the edge receive less light and therefore are cooler. Other times of the year the model the geared-motion of the Sun northward cause summer in the Northern Hemidisc with the obvious extensions to winter and the Southern Hemidisc. This model fails scrutiny though once distances are entered into heating equations, so the usual denial of the R's documented map is invoked. This model does explain the NP at all times and edge day/night whenever that area is between the Equinoxes (inclusively) on the winter side of the year, September to March. TB relies on weird mirages or sky mirrors to explain how the Sun appears to the south during the area's summer. Think about it: To see the Sun at midnight at 85 degrees south you look due south to see the Sun that the FE model claims is due north.

Bipolar model: This supporter of this model just throws up his hands and declares that one cannot observe the Sun's position directly. It's never where it seems to be.

Monopolar infinite model (sometime called the Davis model): We still await documentation on how the Sun's heating handles the infinite heat sink of the infinite FE. He will often just "mumble" that there's some (usually "easy") way to arrange an infinite number of suns over the FE to get the needed heat distribution, but he's too busy to explain it here, or that we have to wait on his forthcoming book or both.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.