Offline AaronS

• View Profile
Sincere Question About Ice Wall...
« on: April 30, 2019, 02:53:16 AM »
Let's say a ship wants to circumnavigate Antarctica.  The decide to go round clockwise, meaning the continent would always be on their right hand and they would have to continually steer the ship in a large arc to the right.  But in the Flat Earth model, if a ship steered in a large arc to the right while the ice wall was to their right...they would run in to the ice wall.

Again, in sincerity, I am wondering if there is an explanation. 

Thank you.

Offline EarthNotFlat

• Lunar eclipses prove the Round Earth.
    • View Profile
Re: Sincere Question About Ice Wall...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
Conclusion: Antarctica is NOT an Ice Wall.

Im also going to add the fact that if you fly a plane over Antarctica on a globe, you'll leave Antarctica eventually, where as on a Flat Earth Model, you'd hit the dome or you'd just keep going forever through Antarctica

(please give me a link to the official FE model so i can start tearing it to bits and pieces)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:56:28 PM by EarthNotFlat »
Earth is not flat.

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
Re: Sincere Question About Ice Wall...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Well, this whole ice wall thing strikes me as preposterous, and I’m not really convinced that FEers really believe it. I recognize that it’s on their wiki, but when proved about it, they usually don’t provide much of an effort to support it.

Humans are explorers. We send shit to the bottom of the ocean if we can’t make it there ourselves. We put folks in orbit. We visit the moon. If some giant ice wall stopped us from exploring undiscovered continents beyond we’d know this. It would be in all the textbooks we learn in school.

We’d have nations competing to get across the wall first - just like with every venture of that kind.

FEers aren’t stupid; I believe they recognize this argument is indefensible, but tolerate it as a necessary weak-point until they can replace it with something better.

We have science labs on Antarctica where cosmic rays are studied. I have colleagues way back from grad school that did post docs there. I Skyped with them. They were over there. There was a rope they had connected between buildings, and when you walked across, you better hold on to that fucking rope during a storm, cause if you let it go, you probably wouldn’t find t again, and you couldn’t see shit.

This is not some fantasy or conspiracy, people are over there right now. There is no wall...

The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior