Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Erich von Daniken
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
If that were the case, it would damn sure explain how a lot of shit got built that frankly has no earthly fucking business being where it is, Puma Punku being just 1 example.
What? How do you make that judgment? Does the Statue of Liberty have any business being where it is? Does the Eiffel Tower have any business being where it is? What about all the useless monuments or any artwork for that matter? How dare humans build these things!

If you mean that it doesn't make sense to you then that's an entirely different matter.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
In the middle of something. Will respond later.

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
I think if aliens visited Earth in the past, it wasn't to build monuments or mate with humans, but to obtain resources.  How they got here would be a mystery, but scientists are theorizing ways in which interstellar travel could be achieved, the most recent I've heard of involves forming a bubble of what they call negative energy around the ship which would essentially compress time-space in front of the ship.  The comparison they use is that it would be like having to travel the diameter of a pizza, but you get to cut out a strip of pizza perpendicular to the diameter.  The problem with such a method is the immense amount of energy required to create a bubble of negative energy.  Nobody is sure how that would be achieved.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2013, 01:32:59 AM »
I freely acknowledge that I have no answer at all for the fact that 98% of our DNA is in fact shared with the chimpanzee, although this is not the case with other apes. Regarding space travel, I assume that anyone that could get to Earth would have mastered FTL (faster-than-light) travel. Just because we can't do it doesn't mean they can't. And God knows, the concept has existed for quite awhile. As far as humans and aliens mating, on that I have no answer. Granted, what happens on Star Trek (Spock, for example) may not work in reality, and if it did, it might take some hella tweaking of scientific laws the which I don't even BEGIN to understand. Even in Star Trek, creating Spock took some messing around with DNA to make it work. It wasn't a simple "lets have sex and reproduce". I assume that if aliens came in the distant past and mated with human females, they probably had the kind of mind-blowing technology to mess with the DNA to do exactly that.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2013, 03:31:28 AM »
You know how I know that this thread is a complete farce? Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek have been referenced more than once.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2013, 05:13:09 AM »
Lets be fair. Something had to be thought of before it could exist. Communicators become cell phones. Yesterday's sci-fi, today's reality. Obviously, not all of it. But FTL travel had to be conceived before it could be theorised about. Sci-fi is where that shit gets conceived. Then some brilliant f----r gets hold of the conception & turns it into a reality. Right now, I can call almost any phone in the world (except N. Korea) from a device the size of my palm, & mine isn't even a smartphone! My laptop can hold the entire Library of Alexandria & then some in its memory banks! Why couldn't humans & aliens interbreed, given sufficient tech? I only brought up Star Trek & BSG concepts because most readers are familiar w/ them. It works as a good starting point. Hell, speaking of portable info gatherers (NOT storers), my NDS has a simple Opera web browser. I can check my bank statement from a device on which I play video games! What won't we achieve next? & who is to say aliens didn't have all this tech in time to
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:46:51 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »
visit the Earth & do God only knows what, like carving in andesite or tweaking DNA such that a better offspring from an alien/human mating could occur? I don't claim either way. I've never seen such a being, though the Bible says that they did exist. They were called the men of renown, the men of old. Nephilim are also mentioned. & giants certainly populate the Hebrew Bible throughout.

EDIT (From the computer, the earlier part and the message before it were from my phone):

I've done some more research on Erich von Daniken, and some more reading of his book, "Twilight of the Gods". He asks good questions. Some things are not explained well, but his answers are in many cases just outright absurd. At this point, I don't know what to think.

A lot of what he writes is non sequitur. For example, he takes the Great Sphinx, and other sphinges (yes, that is the correct plural of "sphinx"), and comes up with the idea that because they exist in art, they must have existed in reality. I mean, I won't dispute, its possible. But with our current knowledge of genetics, its highly unlikely. Taking the genetics of a human and a lion and producing an actual half-Human half-Lion Sphinx seems a bit far-fetched. And that doesn't even begin to speak of all the other sphinges that there are. Half-Bird, half-Goat, half-Dog, half-Ram, etc, etc.

And what would be the point? I mean granted, some have asked the same question of why one would create a half-Lion and half-Tiger (a Liger), and these actually DO exist. I don't know the answer to that. Is there a purpose to creating such a beast? A half-Ass and half-Horse Mule obviously serves a purpose, in that they are hardy little beasts, but does a Liger serve a point, or was it just done to see if it could be?

If it were possible to make a Sphinx, would there be a point, or would some advanced alien do this just for fun? Its one thing for humans to make a Liger. We didn't have to travel halfway across the Galaxy to do it! Why would aliens travel halfway across the cosmos, stop here, and then create a Sphinx? Why, for that matter, would they mate with proto-humans (if that were possible), thus creating Homo sapiens)? Again, what would be the point?

So, although he does ask interesting questions, like, how the Hell was Puma Punku built (I for one don't believe the standard answer), I am not at all sure I accept his answers either.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:12:00 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »