Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9280 on: December 24, 2021, 06:35:36 AM »
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/587073-trump-admits-he-suddenly-finds-it-very-tough-to

Then there's this. Exactly how unloved was trump as a child? Maybe if his dad gave him one hug in his entire life then us history would have unfolded differently.

You saw it with Kim Jong Un too.  Its like he trades in praise and hates to be in debt.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: December 26, 2021, 02:18:42 PM »

I'm glad he's still trying.  One of the few good things he's done.

I don’t buy it. After spending over a year grifting COVID and vaccine misinformation, he doesn’t just get to backpedal now and get off scot free. He had a duty to protect the country and its people, and he played the equivalent of a arsonist firefighter. One sentence telling people to get vaxxed isn’t enough, even if he went on non-stop pro vax rallies it would still not be enough to undo the damage he has done. No amount of messaging will bring back those who are dead because of him.

Rama Set

« Reply #9282 on: December 26, 2021, 02:35:52 PM »
Trump has been consistent with his vaccine messaging. It makes sense, he wants people to use it so he can pump up his ego.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: December 26, 2021, 04:16:22 PM »
Yeah, a lot of people seem to want to blame Trump for people's aversion to the vaccine. But he's been expressing pride over the speed with which his administration rolled out the vaccine since day 1. Some crazy Conservative viewpoints have come about independent of Trump and I think this is legitimately one of them. He never wanted to criticize people for not taking the vaccine because he's a kowtowing pussy terrified of doing or saying anything that might cause his followers to view him in a negative light. But he's not the reason for vaccine hesitation in the US. It just feels like he is because he's been behind or instrumental in so much of the other stuff we've come to identify with crazy modern Conservative opinion.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: December 26, 2021, 05:50:12 PM »
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/587073-trump-admits-he-suddenly-finds-it-very-tough-to

Then there's this. Exactly how unloved was trump as a child? Maybe if his dad gave him one hug in his entire life then us history would have unfolded differently.

You saw it with Kim Jong Un too.  Its like he trades in praise and hates to be in debt.
You just need to look up the signs of narcissistic personality disorder. Trump pretty much ticks every box. He’s a complete mess psychologically.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #9285 on: December 28, 2021, 06:56:46 PM »
Rand Paul agreeing the 2020 election was not stolen while simultaneously showing what a moron he is:

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: December 28, 2021, 07:31:39 PM »
Rand Paul agreeing the 2020 election was not stolen while simultaneously showing what a moron he is:

So you steal an election by convincing enough people who can legally vote to vote, then counting the votes? I have to admit, it's dastardly.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: December 28, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »
Are we sure he wasn't being sarcastic? It sounds like something the onion would write?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: December 28, 2021, 08:55:26 PM »
Actually ballot harvesting is illegal in many areas.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: December 28, 2021, 09:01:45 PM »

Sometimes. But if it is then who cares? As long as they're citizens of voting age then I don't see a problem.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: December 28, 2021, 09:02:11 PM »

And legal in many States. California is one and the GOP seemed to be partaking of it as well as Dems:

Since then, the California GOP has trained more than 16,000 volunteers as "neighborhood team leaders" and tasked them with winning the trust of local communities.

A senior California Republican official told CBS News the state party has been trying to catch up to Democrats on ballot collection efforts and "make sure that any deficiencies that we had in 2018 are made up for this time around."

The official said that in collaboration with the Republican National Committee, California Republicans have been teaching voters and candidates about ballot harvesting.

"The biggest thing is education," the senior California Republican said. "It's talking to voters about the issue, letting them know that it's not only legal, but it's common practice, and in a lot of cases in a lot of tight races, it will make a difference," the official added.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ballot-harvesting-collection-absentee-voting-explained-rules/

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: December 28, 2021, 11:23:58 PM »

Sometimes. But if it is then who cares? As long as they're citizens of voting age then I don't see a problem.

Being illegal in many areas seems like a problem to me.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: December 29, 2021, 12:02:50 AM »

Tons of things ar illegal in some states and not others. Do you have a problem with all of that as well? Would you prefer that we just have federal laws and no state laws?

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: December 29, 2021, 01:30:52 AM »

You're in favor of making voting selectively illegal? 

Rama Set

« Reply #9294 on: December 29, 2021, 01:49:14 AM »

Only if it means his guy wins.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: December 29, 2021, 02:04:04 AM »
If you work in the US, and pay taxes, you should be allowed to vote. 'No taxation without representation' is like, the cornerstone of American history, the very crux of its independence from Britain. The inverse, taxation earns the right to representation, should be true as well.

Rama Set

« Reply #9296 on: December 29, 2021, 02:15:51 AM »
It’s kind if crazy that you can run for office as a felon but in some states you can’t vote if you are convicted.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: December 29, 2021, 03:11:26 AM »

I am merely pointing out that Dr. Paul is describing something that many localities have deemed to be immoral and have declared illegal.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: December 29, 2021, 05:44:59 AM »

I am merely pointing out that Dr. Paul is describing something that many localities have deemed to be immoral and have declared illegal.

He believes that voting should be, in some instances that he determines, immoral and illegal?

Is this doctor Rand a doctor of autocracy?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: December 29, 2021, 06:53:28 AM »

So what? What's your point? That he has an opinion? Wow! Many other people in many localities have deemed this to not be immoral and have declared it legal. And the GOP takes advantage of the legality of it too. So it's not just a Dem thing. Do really think the GOP stands around and says, "I know it's legal here in this State to promote and aid the gathering of absentee ballots, but no, we're not going to do that because it's immoral..." Seriously???