Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6420 on: October 05, 2020, 12:39:59 AM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: October 05, 2020, 01:15:55 AM »
As for footage making presidents seem healthier than they are, isn't that pretty common? I was under the impression that it's pretty standard, and that the media normally cooperate with the White House in maintaining that image.

It has happened historically, but nowadays we as a society prioritize transparency and the right to know what's going on a lot more than "decorum," as Roundy put it. Besides, there are constitutional reasons why the health of the president is of public concern, especially if there's the possibility of him being incapacitated. There's a line of succession that needs to be followed in that case, and public scrutiny helps ensure that it will be. We can't always trust the people closest to the president to admit when he can't do his job, and I certainly don't trust the people closest to this president. It's a drastic example, admittedly (and also from a hundred years ago), but Woodrow Wilson's wife Edith unofficially took over his job when he had a stroke. Interesting story, but not something we want to encourage in modern times.

Why would they show Trump signing papers we, the public, should not see? 

We can see his hand written notes on a speech while he's walking.  Lets not invite something worse, eh?

Are you really interpreting my criticism of the poor staging of Trump scribbling on blank papers to mean that they should have shown Trump signing actual official documents? I don't think they should be showing Trump signing anything, really. Signing documents doesn't exactly visually convey strenuous effort, which is part of the reason why the numerous pictures of Trump sternly holding a Sharpie over a document with a look of determination on his face look so silly. If I were in charge of his photo ops, I'd probably show pictures of him talking with his staff or shaking hands with visitors to the Oval Office. Regarding this specific situation, with Trump being in the hospital, I don't think it was necessary to try and convince Americans that Trump was "still working" at all. Nobody really expects him to be working when he's in the hospital.

Regarding the likelihood of Trump winning, junker made the point about the closeness of the 2016 election better than I would have. It's just being willfully ignorant to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "304-227! 304-227!" as if the situation couldn't possibly have been more nuanced than that. Trump might win, but if he does, it'll be narrow. He's not popular enough to win by any kind of substantial margin, let alone a landslide, and as odd as it sounds, he would be better off if he didn't win by too much. Trump just isn't the kind of president who can unite the nation the way Obama and Bush could. He flourishes in the midst of controversy, furiously triggering and trolling his numerous opponents to the delight of his fans. He needs villains, and the more the better. General popularity would just leave him floundering.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:07:28 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: October 05, 2020, 01:53:26 AM »
Don't worry Pete. Americans see right through the Democrats.
Last I checked, the Venn diagram showing Americans and Democrats had a pretty substantial overlap.  ???

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: October 05, 2020, 02:34:44 AM »
It's not just 350M gun-shootin', abortion-hatin', freedom-lovin', God-fearin' publicans in 'Merica?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: October 05, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-scotus-pick-announcement-suspected-161715980.html

Is it possible this is what Trump was talking about when he said he was gonna drain the swamp?
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #6425 on: October 05, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
Trump’s campaign claiming his firsthand experience with COVID gives him an edge over Biden:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/trump-campaign-s-joe-biden-for-lack-of-firsthand-experience-being-infected-with-19/

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: October 05, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »
Trump’s campaign claiming his firsthand experience with COVID gives him an edge over Biden:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/trump-campaign-s-joe-biden-for-lack-of-firsthand-experience-being-infected-with-19/

The best airline pilot would appear to be the one who has crashed the most, then...

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: October 05, 2020, 06:26:32 PM »
Last I checked, the Venn diagram showing Americans and Democrats had a pretty substantial overlap.  ???
Real Americans vote Republican.  >:(
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline TrueRoundEarther

• Four numbers of the back of your credit card?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: October 05, 2020, 06:29:15 PM »
Real Americans vote Republican.  >:(

Real Americans also eat cigarettes and smoke hamburgers - yes you read that right.
I haven't been here in a few months and glancing at a single word on Tom Bishop's posts continued to deteriorate my braincells.
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature. "

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: October 05, 2020, 07:51:20 PM »
"Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!" Trump wrote.

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-updates-trump-covid-19-results/2020/10/05/920412187/trump-says-he-will-leave-walter-reed-medical-center-monday-night

Yeah, Trump is also saying how he's healthier than he was before Covid.  So clearly Covid is a good thing and we should all get it.  And get the super experimental drugs that Trump got.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: October 05, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »
Of course he feels good. He's hyped up on experimental drugs and/or steroids ... the label for one of them warns that psychic derangements may be a side-effect ...

Nearly?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 05, 2020, 11:25:21 PM »
He and his team would be saying he's doing and feeling great no matter what the medical reality was.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: October 06, 2020, 07:33:11 AM »
"Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!" Trump wrote.

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-updates-trump-covid-19-results/2020/10/05/920412187/trump-says-he-will-leave-walter-reed-medical-center-monday-night

Yeah, Trump is also saying how he's healthier than he was before Covid.  So clearly Covid is a good thing and we should all get it.  And get the super experimental drugs that Trump got.
Lots of speculation flying around that he never had it and it's all a stunt to garner sympathy and support.
Pretty smart if so.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »

Lots of speculation flying around that he never had it and it's all a stunt to garner sympathy and support.
Pretty smart if so.

I dunno.  Just admitting he had it is a hit to his ego.   He didn't even try to play up sympathy, just show its no big deal.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: October 06, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
I dunno.  Just admitting he had it is a hit to his ego.   He didn't even try to play up sympathy, just show its no big deal.
But then "beating" it with a minimum of fuss is a stroke to his ego and plays into this agenda or how fit and strong it is, how this thing is nothing to worry about (which, to be fair, I agree is true for most people) and how all his magic treatments work a treat.

I don't know either, but it's not the craziest idea I've heard.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: October 06, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
Clearly struggling for breath in the balcony scene. Witnesses report him returning to the balcony for a re-take for the WH's cameras after the first take...

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #6437 on: October 06, 2020, 11:44:06 AM »
But then "beating" it with a minimum of fuss is a stroke to his ego and plays into this agenda or how fit and strong it is, how this thing is nothing to worry about (which, to be fair, I agree is true for most people) and how all his magic treatments work a treat.

He would have to lie to make this true. Which he will. And then Tom will scour the Internet to clip sentences just so to make it seem like the truth.

I don't know either, but it's not the craziest idea I've heard.

But then a bunch of his staff, senators and press would have to be in on it since many have been infected in close proximity. It’s not really a news story that one guy beat COVID, but Trump’s campaign will sure as hell make it one.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: October 06, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »
The videos of him back standing at the White House for photos, taking is mask of, standing and eventually giving a thumb's up were startling. His breathing looks so labored. All he can muster is a quick thumbs up, no big waves, doesnt even smile. Just focused, labored breathing in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Does not look like a man who has 'beaten' a respiratory illness.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: October 06, 2020, 12:45:49 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/cnn-poll-biden-trump-2020-election/index.html

Apparently random internet forum users like me wishing for the president to get what's coming to him (death) hasn't had the disastrous effect on Joe's chances that Pete predicted; he's actually polling higher since the news of Trump's illness broke.