Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6400 on: October 04, 2020, 05:45:11 PM »
To everyone who questions my wishing the death of a dangerous, despotic ruler... would I have been out of line or "crass" for cheering for Hitler's death if I had lived in Nazi Germany in the 30s and 40s? Ok then!
You've really gone off the deep end now. Once Trump starts organising death camps and declaring war on the entire world, the Hitler comparions might be a bit more apt. For now, they reinforce that you've seemingly run out of arguments.

The problem isn't that you, personally, have dumb ideas which revolve around wishing someone to die in agony as a political statement. No one will really care. The problem is that your dumb ideas are fairly common among the Democratic party, and will likely cost it some votes. If it costs you enough votes, you'll get more of the very bad orange man you dislike. It's counter-productive, aside from being ethically rotten.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:47:56 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 04, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
If it costs you enough votes, you'll get more of the very bad orange man you dislike. It's counter-productive, aside from being ethically rotten.

Unless, ya know, he dies.

Also, interesting thing: Christians pray to God for things.  "Save my wife from cancer." "Please help me get that promotion." "Please protect America." Ect...

Now, I once asked my Christian friend, who studies her faith in order to be a minister, why they pray when God has a plan already?

Apparently, if enough people pray for something, God can change his mind.  Conversely, if God was gonna do something but enough people don't pray, he won't.

SO.... By religious logic: if we all pray hard enough and with enough people, we might be able to kill Trump with Prayer.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 04, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »
Oh, yeah, I bet whoever fills the power vacuum after Trump will be just lovely. I'm sure that would be a fantastic outcome for someone like Roundy.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 04, 2020, 09:37:05 PM »
Don't worry Pete. Americans see right through the Democrats. Check out the latest polling.  :o

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1343305/US-election-poll-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-joe-biden-exclusive-polling

Let's pick a choice quote because so many people on this site refuse to actually read a Th>o<rking source.

Quote from: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1343305/US-election-poll-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-joe-biden-exclusive-polling
The monthly Democracy Institute Sunday Express poll for the Presidential election shows that Mr Trump is still on course for victory with 46 percent of the popular support compared to his Democrat rival Joe Biden’s 45 percent.

Seems people like 'sick Trump'

Quote from: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1343305/US-election-poll-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-joe-biden-exclusive-polling
But 68 percent said the illness would not affect their vote while 19 percent said they were “more likely” to support Trump and only 13 percent “less likely”.

Almost two thirds said they felt sympathy and concern for the President while 38 percent said him getting the disease was “karma” in an indication of the current divisive nature of US politics.

Seems Roundy's toxic politics puts him in the minority. And you know what happens to people in the minority? They'll spend election day screaming "Not my President". California should be put on flood alert due to all the leftist tears.

And just because Democrats are stupid and can't interpret a poll
Crucially, Mr Trump’s lead in key swing states including Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin remains at 4 percent by 47 percent 43 percent.

This gives a projected Electoral College split of 320 to Trump and 218 to Biden.
Its not even close. Trump's gonna walk the election, despite what the Liberal media in the US tell you. They did the same with Hilary. You were sure she was going to win, weren't you? But she got wrecked. Non-partisan polling shows Biden is going to get wrecked harder. 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:42:37 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #6404 on: October 04, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Trump won the first election because the electoral college is fucked up, it was hardly convincing.

The real question is why you are all of a sudden willing to trust a poll despite maintaining that they were untrustworthy when they didn't support your view? 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:57:05 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: October 04, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
304 to 227 is pretty convincing to me. I don't care about the number of votes. That is meaningless. That's like losing a game of football 5-0 and claiming you had more possession and so should have won really.

Trump is on course to win even more heavily than last time.

Rama Set

« Reply #6406 on: October 04, 2020, 10:26:32 PM »
304 to 227 is pretty convincing to me.

That’s because you don’t know what you are talking about.

I don't care about the number of votes. That is meaningless. That's like losing a game of football 5-0 and claiming you had more possession and so should have won really.

I didn’t say she should have won. They have a stupid system and it sometimes turns in stupid results. But losing the popular vote means you have a weak mandate.

Trump is on course to win even more heavily than last time.

If we trust the poll of your choice. You never mentioned why you had a change of heart on polls all of a sudden. Do you have an actual reasoned out position? Is it just the continuation of your larping? Please enlighten us.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: October 04, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »
Oh, yeah, I bet whoever fills the power vacuum after Trump will be just lovely. I'm sure that would be a fantastic outcome for someone like Roundy.

If Trump dies before the election, then can any election be held?

Pence steps up as acting president on Trump's demise, but he's the running mate for the election, not the candidate, so surely Pelosi becomes president on inauguration day 2021, until a valid election takes place?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: October 04, 2020, 10:57:20 PM »
But losing the popular vote means you have a weak mandate.
No, it just means some people's votes are worth more than other people's votes. We have the same thing here. The Scottish votes are worth far more than an English vote in representation terms. Hate the game, not the playah.  8)

If we trust the poll of your choice. You never mentioned why you had a change of heart on polls all of a sudden. Do you have an actual reasoned out position? Is it just the continuation of your larping? Please enlighten us.
Because these are private polls and those tend to be more accurate than say CNN vox-popping in the streets of San Francisco. https://usadailyexpress.com/donald-trump-surging-in-private-polls-as-democrats-off-base-with-regular-voters/

While other polls have Biden ahead, the Democracy Institute, which correctly predicted Brexit and Trump’s win in 2016, only considers people who identify as “likely voters” rather than all registered voters and also asks about the so called shy vote.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:08:08 PM by Toddler Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #6409 on: October 04, 2020, 11:12:33 PM »
But losing the popular vote means you have a weak mandate.
No, it just means some people's votes are worth more than other people's votes. We have the same thing here. The Scottish votes are worth far more than an English vote in representation terms. Hate the game, not the playah.  8)

It’s very strange that you are taking this as a criticism. Everything is fine. He had a mandate. It was weak, because in a 2-candidate race, the majority didn’t want him to lead. It’s very simple. It doesn’t delegitimize his presidency or anything.

Because these are private polls and those tend to be more accurate than say CNN vox-popping in the streets of San Francisco. https://usadailyexpress.com/donald-trump-surging-in-private-polls-as-democrats-off-base-with-regular-voters/

Well that doesn’t make much sense. Your entire problem with polls wasn’t who did them but rather that the people who answered to polls could not be exemplary of a broadly held opinion. So want to tell us the real reason you like this poll?

Your source is hilariously bad. As bad as Vox. I hope you realize that.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: October 04, 2020, 11:15:34 PM »
They did the same with Hilary. You were sure she was going to win, weren't you? But she got wrecked. Non-partisan polling shows Biden is going to get wrecked harder. 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

Hillary won the popular vote by a margin of ~3 million votes. She lost the electoral college by ~70,000 votes across 3 states in an election that saw 138 million votes. Obviously winning the EC is what matters, but only a literal moron would say she was "wrecked."

Non-partisan polling has been abundantly clear this entire time. Biden has a national lead of about ~8 points. He has leads in 6 key battleground states, 3 of those outside the margin of error. I know you think the statisticians are making the same mistakes again, but I assure you they learned something since last time around. Still, nothing is certain, but you should work on having a more informed opinion.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: October 04, 2020, 11:20:19 PM »
Hillary won the popular vote by a margin of ~3 million votes.
No one cares.

She lost the electoral college by ~70,000 votes across 3 states in an election that saw 138 million votes. Obviously winning the EC is what matters, but only a literal moron would say she was "wrecked."
She lost by 304 seats to 227. That's not close. That's quite a lead. That is several more states could have gone to her and she still wouldn't have one. She got wrecked.

Non-partisan polling has been abundantly clear this entire time. Biden has a national lead of about ~8 points. He has leads in 6 key battleground states, 3 of those outside the margin of error. I know you think the statisticians are making the same mistakes again, but I assure you they learned something since last time around. Still, nothing is certain, but you should work on having a more informed opinion.
There is nothing to learn. They don't post their prediction. They post the result their readers want to read. That's how political papers retain customers. Confirmation bias.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: October 04, 2020, 11:26:58 PM »
Hillary won the popular vote by a margin of ~3 million votes.
No one cares.

She lost the electoral college by ~70,000 votes across 3 states in an election that saw 138 million votes. Obviously winning the EC is what matters, but only a literal moron would say she was "wrecked."
She lost by 304 seats to 227. That's not close. That's quite a lead. That is several more states could have gone to her and she still wouldn't have one. She got wrecked.

There is nothing to learn. They don't post their prediction. They post the result their readers want to read. That's how political papers retain customers. Confirmation bias.

Got it, you don't understand how US Presidential voting works, nor the significance of election results. You also don't understand fairly basic statistics. Best of luck and take care, friend.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: October 04, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »
In more positive news, Trump is recovering. He was kind enough to share himself practicing his ABCs from the hospital to prove how healthy he is.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: October 04, 2020, 11:31:29 PM »
Got it, you don't understand how US Presidential voting works, nor the significance of election results. You also don't understand fairly basic statistics.
What a tantrum just because you read something that doesn't match your confirmation bias. This is exactly why you keep seeing polls saying Biden is going to win. You hunt such stories out. You don't want to hear anything that bursts your bubble which is why you opted straight for
Best of luck and take care, friend.
You ran away to bury your head in the sand.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: October 04, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »
What a tantrum just because you read something that doesn't match your confirmation bias.

In addition to working on gaining a basic understanding of polling and statistics, you should also stop using words when you don't understand their meaning. And maybe also stop with the projection, since you are the only emotional one here. The reality is that facts don't care about your feelings.

Rama Set

« Reply #6416 on: October 04, 2020, 11:36:50 PM »
Got it, you don't understand how US Presidential voting works, nor the significance of election results. You also don't understand fairly basic statistics.
What a tantrum just because you read something that doesn't match your confirmation bias. This is exactly why you keep seeing polls saying Biden is going to win. You hunt such stories out. You don't want to hear anything that bursts your bubble which is why you opted straight for

The irony of you saying this when up until this point you broadly rejected polls is delicious.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: October 04, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »
What a tantrum just because you read something that doesn't match your confirmation bias.

In addition to working on gaining a basic understanding of polling and statistics, you should also stop using words when you don't understand their meaning. And maybe also stop with the projection, since you are the only emotional one here. The reality is that facts don't care about your feelings.
Why do I care who is President of the United States? I don't have to live in a Democrat run smack den in LA. These aren't my feelings. These are just objective opinions. My opinion is that the US will become a totalitarian crap hole if Biden becomes President. I don't feel anything about that. You'll have done it to yourselves.

That said, I will enjoy watching liberals having meltdowns when Trump wins again, but that's just a little light entertainment. My feelings aren't tied to it.

The irony of you saying this when up until this point you broadly rejected polls is delicious.
I rejected YOUR polls. The same polls that were wrong last time.

This below is an interesting article.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-real-story-of-2016/

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: October 05, 2020, 12:03:16 AM »

It would. I already said that any replacement would be better than Trump.

You don't seem to understand. I hate the Republican Party in general, for sure. But Trump is a cancer.

This is really just a stupid argument to be having. Trump is personally responsible for the deaths of thousands of people due to his shoddy handling of the coronavirus and refusal to take it seriously. Now those same factors could lead to his death. Why should I, or anybody who feels strongly about the effect his lack of leadership has had on the severity of this crisis, show any more compassion for him than he would? Do you believe that Trump WOULDN'T be mocking Joe Biden right now if the shoe was on the other foot? Do you think for one minute he'd be wishing him a speedy recovery? Hell no, and you know it!

So fuck him. He DESERVES to die this way. Any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion, whether they were willing to admit it publicly or not.

Saying I'm out of arguments... I mean, lol. I don't need any more argument than what I've already said on the matter.

Btw if Trump could get away with setting up death camps he totally would, the difference between Trump and Hitler is nothing more than the amount of power over policy each was allowed.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #6419 on: October 05, 2020, 12:09:40 AM »

Why do I care who is President of the United States? I don't have to live in a Democrat run smack den in LA. These aren't my feelings. These are just objective opinions. My opinion is that the US will become a totalitarian crap hole if Biden becomes President. I don't feel anything about that. You'll have done it to yourselves.

That said, I will enjoy watching liberals having meltdowns when Trump wins again, but that's just a little light entertainment. My feelings aren't tied to it.

You prattle on quite emotively on this topic frequently. Whether it’s about how much you like Trump, how much you dislike Biden or how much you hate the Left. Stop deluding yourself.

I rejected YOUR polls. The same polls that were wrong last time.

I don’t have polls, but thanks for confirming it’s just a question of affirming your worldview

This below is an interesting article.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-real-story-of-2016/

fivethirtyeight.com is one of the statistics outlets that wrongly predicted the election and engaged in self-reflection. It’s amazing that in an effort to seem well-informed you just end up agreeing with Junker. Incidentally, fivethirtyeight favors Biden to win.