totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #5340 on: May 13, 2020, 01:16:28 PM »
Nice try but I’ve seen the video, her ethnicity is perfectly clear.
So, when he was mentioning CHINA all the other times to all the other reporters, he was going to leave her out?

He is treating people consistently and in this case he is telling the truth.

The virus originated in CHINA.

totallackey

« Reply #5341 on: May 13, 2020, 01:22:40 PM »
You can tell she is CHINESE?

Wtf...that is stereotyping to the max.

How do you know she is not some other oriental?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: May 13, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »
In other news, Fauci is doing exactly as Trump wishes.

You people cheering on for the end of the Trump presidency and the American way of life should be proud!

Trump is giving you guys exactly the type of world you have been clamoring for!

1. Is Trump's presidency the same as the American way of life, or are they mutually exclusive?
2.what are we getting?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #5343 on: May 13, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »

You people cheering on for the end of the Trump presidency and the American way of life should be proud!

1. Is Trump's presidency the same as the American way of life, or are they mutually exclusive?
Is it to you?

You have been cheering on for both of them (The Trump presidency AND the American way of life) to end.

Your question to answer, not mine.
2.what are we getting?
An end to the Trump presidency and the American way of life.

totallackey

« Reply #5344 on: May 13, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »
You can tell she is CHINESE?

Wtf...that is stereotyping to the max.

How do you know she is not some other oriental?
You certainly can't tell she isn't. A more sensible person would probably have just stayed clear of saying that to her.
It's OK, dude. You can stop sucking Trump's cock for 5 minutes. Just because you voted for him that doesn't mean you have to think everything he does is brilliant no matter how demonstrably stupid it is.
It's okay for you to admit you are the one stereotyping and you are the one that claims people deserve some sort of special consideration due to their gender, ethnicity, whatever...

I mean, the pure definition of racism is just that...granting some sort of consideration on the basis of race alone.

A more sensible person realizes the virus originated in CHINA, just like the president stated, and recognizes he simply answered a question the same way he always does.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:09:57 PM by totallackey »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: May 13, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »
he simply answered a question the same way he always does.
He certainly did...in that he didn't answer it at all and then got in a huff because the question wasn't about how brilliant he is.
What a pathetic man-child you have for a president. How embarrassing for you.
We have a different embarrassment in charge over here of course but that's a different story.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: May 13, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »

Is it to you?

You have been cheering on for both of them (The Trump presidency AND the American way of life) to end.

2.what are we getting?

Ok, I'll bite: what is this The American Way of Life, that I want to end?  Is it greed, hatred, and arrogance? Or something else?

And why do you think his presidency is ending?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: May 13, 2020, 04:13:03 PM »

It might end next week if he catches COVID.  I have to assume with his age and fat ass he's got a high risk for dying of complications, regardless of all the medical care he will get.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: May 13, 2020, 05:09:27 PM »

It might end next week if he catches COVID.  I have to assume with his age and fat ass he's got a high risk for dying of complications, regardless of all the medical care he will get.

This is a double-edged sword.... If Trump dies (and I would never hope for anyone's death, not even Trumps), then we are stuck with Pence, and I honestly don't know which is the lesser evil here.... although maybe Pence has less chance of being re-elected than Trump does.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: May 13, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »
This is a double-edged sword.... If Trump dies (and I would never hope for anyone's death, not even Trumps), then we are stuck with Pence, and I honestly don't know which is the lesser evil here.... although maybe Pence has less chance of being re-elected than Trump does.

No guarantee with how lax they have been that he won't catch it too. His 'no masks' policy very well may come back to bite him. 

Pence would certainly be more effective at pushing policies I don't like.  But wouldn't be encouraging fucking Nazis to march on American soil, so that would be a plus at least.

Offline TrueRoundEarther

• Four numbers of the back of your credit card?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: May 13, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »

No guarantee with how lax they have been that he won't catch it too. His 'no masks' policy very well may come back to bite him. 

Pence would certainly be more effective at pushing policies I don't like.  But wouldn't be encouraging fucking Nazis to march on American soil, so that would be a plus at least.

Yeah and we're going to have a bunch of Coronavirus Protesters that are "protesting the virus". How do you protest a virus, wtf?! It's not just going to go away.
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature. "

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: May 13, 2020, 06:35:39 PM »

Is it to you?

2.what are we getting?

If anything the "American way of life" ended when Trump took office and overturned nearly every institution our government has depended on since.

Trump's style of governing is more in line with the Soviets than anything recognizable as "American".

But again, that's what you were looking for as a Trump voter. He promised that things would be different and by God he delivered.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: May 13, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »

Yeah and we're going to have a bunch of Coronavirus Protesters that are "protesting the virus". How do you protest a virus, wtf?! It's not just going to go away.

I don't think they are "protesting the virus".

There are some people protesting the closing of the economy - and I have a hard time telling someone who needs to feed their children that they are wrong for doing so.

There are other people protesting the protests - and these are mainly health workers who see the masses dying on a regular basis - and I can't tell them they are wrong either.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: May 13, 2020, 09:11:59 PM »
I have a cousin in MD who has been trying for weeks to get any unemployment money.  So far nothing.

I think the reason for the protests is basically because Unemployment isn't designed to handle this kind of flood.  And because the government didn't do anything sooner, businesses went "Welp, you're all unemployed.  Enjoy." and that was it.

So now you have alot of people who have no income, no unemployment checks, nothing... and I'm with ya, I have a hard time telling them they're wrong.

of course, they could always do farm work since crops are rotting in the fields due to labor shortage but god forbid they take back the immigrant jobs....

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: May 13, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »
If they're going to protest something they should protest the government for an insufficient safety net.  At this point I doubt "opening up" the economy will have the effect they're looking for.  These places that were previously closed that are now opened up, I'm seeing a fraction of their customers from a few months ago.  I think people are too scared to go back to the way things were right now.  If we have a massive flare up then not only will the economy will still be trashed but the people just won't trust the government when they say it's safe to go out.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: May 14, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »
Trump's Admin: Don't worry Michel, we'll just drop the charges.  You'll be off scot free.

Justice Department: Hey, we're gonna stop persecuting so you can just drop the case.

Courts: How about no.

From NPR News
Court Appoints Retired Judge To Oppose Justice Department In Michael Flynn Case https://www.npr.org/2020/05/13/855788528/court-appoints-retired-judge-to-oppose-justice-department-in-michael-flynn-case?sc=18&f=1001

totallackey

« Reply #5356 on: May 14, 2020, 10:15:09 AM »

Is it to you?

2.what are we getting?

Ok, I'll bite: what is this The American Way of Life, that I want to end?  Is it greed, hatred, and arrogance? Or something else?
I didn't offer up anything for you to bite on.

I am leaving the definition up to you, but the thing is...

Just keep in mind your past comments regarding the American way of life.
It is, is my thoughts.

Many reasons.

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: May 14, 2020, 01:17:16 PM »

Is it to you?

2.what are we getting?

I didn't offer up anything for you to bite on.

I am leaving the definition up to you, but the thing is...

Just keep in mind your past comments regarding the American way of life.
It is, is my thoughts.

Many reasons.

The “American way of life” is imo an idealised American dream a la 1950s that no longer exists, and never really existed in the manner it is envisioned.
“This just shows that you don't even understand the basic principle of UA...A projectile that goes up and then down again to an observer on Earth is not accelerating, it is the observer on Earth who accelerates.”

- Parsifal

“I hang out with sane people.”

- totallackey

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: May 14, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/05/obamagate-trump-michael-flynn-obama-fbi-russia.html

Ugh.

While the Tara Reade scandal had its place in the mainstream news cycle, Trump's umpteenth baseless conspiracy theory about Obama does not.

I hope this will quickly just die away, based on unfounded assumptions as it is. Years of birtherism being in the news makes it hard to believe it will.  :(
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: May 14, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »
The article only hints at it, but the vagueness behind exactly what's being alleged is a key part of this faux-scandal's wide appeal among conservatives of all stripes, and I'm convinced it's a deliberate strategy. The exact same thing happened with the endless Benghazi "investigations." They keep everything nice and vague and everyone is free to imagine whatever horrible scandal they like behind it all. Mainstream Republicans can suppose that Obama quietly tried to sabotage Trump before leaving office, and Trump's more deranged fans can tie it to Pizzagate and QAnon.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y