Civilians in Space
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:10:23 PM »
If you follow any space news you will have heard about SpaceX's Inspiration4 mission by now. This mission is particularly interesting for a few reasons: The capsule is crewed entirely by civilians, it's flying higher than the ISS and every other mission since Hubble, and the crew will be at that altitude for three days straight.

SpaceX has been sharing photos and videos from the flight this morning, suffice to say the curvature of the earth is clearly visible.

Netflix also has a documentary about the events leading up to this flight. https://www.netflix.com/title/81441273

As spaceflight costs come down and these commercial flights become more commonplace, it's increasing important for the flat earth community to have a clear rebuttal to this type of evidence.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Civilians in Space
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »
If you follow any space news you will have heard about SpaceX's Inspiration4 mission by now. This mission is particularly interesting for a few reasons: The capsule is crewed entirely by civilians, it's flying higher than the ISS and every other mission since Hubble, and the crew will be at that altitude for three days straight.

SpaceX has been sharing photos and videos from the flight this morning, suffice to say the curvature of the earth is clearly visible.

Netflix also has a documentary about the events leading up to this flight. https://www.netflix.com/title/81441273

As spaceflight costs come down and these commercial flights become more commonplace, it's increasing important for the flat earth community to have a clear rebuttal to this type of evidence.

BWHAHAHA!!!

You're actually gonna try and tell us these photos were taken in space?

That is absolutely hilarious!!!
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 04:20:15 PM »

BWHAHAHA!!!

You're actually gonna try and tell us these photos were taken in space?

That is absolutely hilarious!!!

I went back and found a source for the photos, looks like they were used as promotional material prior to launch. Good eye.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 05:01:34 PM »
Yeah, don't worry.

The other shots they took will be quickly pawned as purportedly "LIVE FOOTAGE!!!" very soon!

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »
Yeah, don't worry.

The other shots they took will be quickly pawned as purportedly "LIVE FOOTAGE!!!" very soon!

Just to challenge you on the notion that the Inspiration 4 civilian crew mission did not go to space, what empirical evidence and/or research have you done to confirm other than declaring that it's fake?

I've attached a link to an additional video of the crew mission taken from the view of the Cupola showing the Globe Earth. What evidence do you have that this is fake?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »
Yeah, don't worry.

Just to challenge you on the notion that the Inspiration 4 civilian crew mission did not go to space, what empirical evidence and/or research have you done to confirm other than declaring that it's fake?

I've attached a link to an additional video of the crew mission taken from the view of the Cupola showing the Globe Earth. What evidence do you have that this is fake?

Why would I want to discuss your strawman propositions?

What crew mission?

Do you even watch your own submissions?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:35:46 PM by Action80 »

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 12:51:21 PM »
Playing devil's advocate, and with respect to all correspondents, all we have seen so far from this mission is just more stills and video, with all their attendant fallibilities (true and/or claimed).  The unique proof in this particular pudding is going to be the 4, unpaid, independent witnesses of what they saw through an undistorted window.  Could they all be actors?  I'm not convinced that a multi-billionaire is really going be swayed by Screen Actors Guild rates. 

And Lackie; hundreds of live witnesses watched this lift-off.  Where do you think the capsule and crew are at the moment?  Kubrick's back yard?

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 01:36:38 PM »
Yeah, don't worry.

Why would I want to discuss your strawman propositions?

What crew mission?

Do you even watch your own submissions?

If there isn't direct evidence that the mission is fake OR if there has been no research done to demonstrate and prove that the mission is fake than there isn't any foundation for knowledge that the mission is fake.

The assertion that it was fake is then based on a Belief vs. having knowledge, which goes against the Zetetic approach.

- There is direct evidence that a rocket launched as people witnessed and can report back that a launch occurred.
- There is evidence that the rocket is at a certain altitude above Earth's atmosphere and moving at a velocity of about 17,500 MPH via telemetry data.
- There is continuous feed video link feedback from the Inspiration 4 capsule showing Earth curvature, which would indicate the Earth is shaped like a Sphere.
- There is video from within the capsule showing objects floating, which would suggest weightlessness.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 03:10:00 PM »
Playing devil's advocate, and with respect to all correspondents, all we have seen so far from this mission is just more stills and video, with all their attendant fallibilities (true and/or claimed).  The unique proof in this particular pudding is going to be the 4, unpaid, independent witnesses of what they saw through an undistorted window.  Could they all be actors?  I'm not convinced that a multi-billionaire is really going be swayed by Screen Actors Guild rates. 

And Lackie; hundreds of live witnesses watched this lift-off.  Where do you think the capsule and crew are at the moment?  Kubrick's back yard?
If there isn't direct evidence that the mission is fake OR if there has been no research done to demonstrate and prove that the mission is fake than there isn't any foundation for knowledge that the mission is fake.

The assertion that it was fake is then based on a Belief vs. having knowledge, which goes against the Zetetic approach.

- There is direct evidence that a rocket launched as people witnessed and can report back that a launch occurred.
- There is evidence that the rocket is at a certain altitude above Earth's atmosphere and moving at a velocity of about 17,500 MPH via telemetry data.
- There is continuous feed video link feedback from the Inspiration 4 capsule showing Earth curvature, which would indicate the Earth is shaped like a Sphere.
- There is video from within the capsule showing objects floating, which would suggest weightlessness.
Again, the OP posted photos of "the view" prior to the mission taking place.

Not a huge leap to distrust every other shot following as already having been done with no need for "space."

Even the follow up vid was shot here on earth.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »

Not a huge leap to distrust every other shot following as already having been done with no need for "space."

As per the OP, those were promotional materials regarding the first all civilian crew to go to space.

Publishing promotional materials doesn't mean the mission is fake and therefore the Earth is flat.

Auto companies publish promotional materials on new cars they are to launch. The fact that they are publishing promotional materials doesn't mean that the cars are fake and that there is a land travel conspiracy.

Again, what observational evidence do you have that the mission was faked and that they are not in space?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 04:56:45 PM »

As per the OP, those were promotional materials regarding the first all civilian crew to go to space.

Publishing promotional materials doesn't mean the mission is fake and therefore the Earth is flat.

Auto companies publish promotional materials on new cars they are to launch. The fact that they are publishing promotional materials doesn't mean that the cars are fake and that there is a land travel conspiracy.

Again, what observational evidence do you have that the mission was faked and that they are not in space?
One more time:

The evidence is this is not a link to a video of the crew mission.

Your disingenuity, strawmanning, and gaslighting are too much.

Don't you have some other pressing, urgent business to attend to?

You're not handling things very well here.

I mean, you not only present promotional material as actual footage of the "crew mission," you don't even read what you type.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »

One more time:

The evidence is this is not a link to a video of the crew mission.

Your disingenuity, strawmanning, and gaslighting are too much.

Don't you have some other pressing, urgent business to attend to?

You're not handling things very well here.

I mean, you not only present promotional material as actual footage of the "crew mission," you don't even read what you type.

I would disagree that my critical thought questions back to you is any form of gaslighting and being disengenuous and I think you know it isn't as well.

You and I both entered into this thread. You started by saying Baaawww it's fake.

I am merely asking a basic critical thought question in reply to your response to the OP which is what observational evidence or research can you provide to show that it was all faked?

Promotional materials don't equate to something being fake, although I understand it can be tempting to use as a basis for arguing for a conspiracy. I am just challenging you to provide evidence and research findings for fakery occurring.

The video that I provided included views from the Cupola back to Earth and views of a Cupola on the ISS back to Earth with curvature.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:51:35 PM by GoldCashew »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 06:11:40 PM »
I would disagree that my critical thought questions back to you is any form of gaslighting and being disengenuous and I think you know it isn't as well.
As usual, you are wrong and I am right.
You and I both entered into this thread. You started by saying Baaawww it's fake.
Wrong, as in here^

Please point out in my initial post where I claimed anything was fake.

If you cannot, apologize for lying.
I am merely asking a basic critical thought question in reply to your response to the OP which is what observational evidence or research can you provide to show that it was all faked?
I never claimed it was all fake.

That is an instance of you strawmanning and gaslighting.
Promotional materials don't equate to something being fake, although I understand it can be tempting to use as a basis for arguing for a conspiracy. I am just challenging you to provide evidence and research findings for fakery occurring.

The video that I provided included views from the Cupola back to Earth and views of a Cupola on the ISS back to Earth with curvature.
The video you provided was not from the SpaceX mission.

More posted lies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:20:52 PM by Action80 »

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 06:28:04 PM »
As usual, you are wrong and I am right.
Wrong, as in here^

Please point out in my initial post where I claimed anything was fake.

If you cannot, apologize for lying.
I never claimed it was all fake.

That is an instance of you strawmanning and gaslighting.

The video you provided was not from the SpaceX mission.

More posted lies.

"What Crew Mission" was a comment you had posted earlier within this thread.

I can only gather from your comment that you were implying that the crew mission that went to space never happened.

Which is prompting my question back to you: what observation evidence / research can you provide that shows that when the Inspiration 4 crew rocket launched, that the Mission did not exist.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:31:13 PM by GoldCashew »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
In response to the promotional photos being passed off as crew mission photos by the OP.
I can only gather from your comment that you were implying that the crew mission that went to space never happened.
I keep trying to encourage you to either improve your gathering skills or remain off the board.

Cause neither one is working.
Which is prompting my question back to you: what observation evidence / research can you provide that shows that when the Inspiration 4 crew rocket launched, that the Mission did not exist.
Which prompt my response back to you.

Quit strawmanning and gaslighting.

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
In response to the promotional photos being passed off as crew mission photos by the OP.
I keep trying to encourage you to either improve your gathering skills or remain off the board.

Cause neither one is working.
Which prompt my response back to you.

Quit strawmanning and gaslighting.

Just to be clear I wasn't intentionally trying to pass the promotional materials off as real, also to the best of my knowledge neither has SpaceX. When looking for photos from the mission I found those first and mistook them for mission photos. It was an honest mistake and I would like for it to not derail the discussion.

There are plenty of mission photos posted by SpaceX now. It would be much more interesting to discuss those photos rather than focus on my initial mistake.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »
@A80; Airplane has conceded that his initial posts were just studio publicity material. 

Do you want to address the actual issue here, or just continue with the bayonet practice on his straw man. 

I've just watched the video and I'm curious to know how you think they faked this.  Remember, this isn't NASA.  Shoot, it isn't even SpaceX; its a billionaire and 3 guests who've Uber-ed a Crew Dragon.  Its a Lad's Amsterdam-Weekend.  Only its in space. 

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »
Here's another video, this one a 10 minute live stream.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 07:20:15 PM »
@A80; Airplane has conceded that his initial posts were just studio publicity material. 

Do you want to address the actual issue here, or just continue with the bayonet practice on his straw man. 

I've just watched the video and I'm curious to know how you think they faked this.  Remember, this isn't NASA.  Shoot, it isn't even SpaceX; its a billionaire and 3 guests who've Uber-ed a Crew Dragon.  Its a Lad's Amsterdam-Weekend.  Only its in space.
I already stated that any and all photo and video shots were done prior to all the sparkly fireworks taking place on launch day.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 10:30:23 PM »

I already stated that any and all photo and video shots were done prior to all the sparkly fireworks taking place on launch day.

1. What evidence and research are you able to provide that proves and demonstrates that the above 10-minute video stream taking place from the orbiting in space Inspiration 4 capsule was actually done prior to all the sparkly fireworks taking place on launch day?

2. How do you believe they pulled off the appearance that they are weightless in space, including the female crew members long hair appearing to look like it's in a weightless environment, as well as a stuffed animal aboard the capsule appearing weightless as well? Do you have evidence and research that shows how they pulled this off?