Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1300 on: December 24, 2021, 04:44:12 PM »
As stated elsewhere,  more people born 1945-1960 equals more deaths now.

Has nothing to do with a president or politics.

People achieving the end of natural life expectancy.

Boomers don't have a monopoly on excess mortality rates in 2020-2021:

You need to account for this in regard to other generations besides boomers.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 24, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »

Stupid lockdowns, resulting in higher rates of suicide, drug abuse, and other things detrimental to the well being of humans.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 24, 2021, 05:02:26 PM »

Stupid lockdowns, resulting in higher rates of suicide, drug abuse, and other things detrimental to the well being of humans.

Evidence?

Rama Set

« Reply #1303 on: December 24, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »

You keep throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks. You will eventually need to assert more than your opinion that this is indeed what has occurred. Until then, we will just keep pointing out how you don’t have any and smile at your Ad Hoc reasoning.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 24, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »

Your half-assed explanation doesn't support why there would be a sudden and sharp spike in deaths that happens to coincide with COVID case spikes.  You can't hand wave this away with logically consistent arguements that have no evidence to back them up.
Your incredulity is not my problem.

You deny the sky is blue.

Facts are facts whether you like it or not.

More people born between 1945-1960 equals more deaths now.

Severe restrictions on the freedom of people to freely move and freely associate with others = increased rates of death across all generations of humanity.

Rama Set

« Reply #1305 on: December 24, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »

Your half-assed explanation doesn't support why there would be a sudden and sharp spike in deaths that happens to coincide with COVID case spikes.  You can't hand wave this away with logically consistent arguements that have no evidence to back them up.

:)

Severe restrictions on the freedom of people to freely move and freely associate with others = increased rates of death across all generations of humanity.

No I won’t take your word for it. You need to do better.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 24, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »

Evidence?
What, you need evidence that restrictions on freedom of movement and free association with other humans is detrimental to the health and well-being of humans?

You still have your incredulity intact.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 24, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »

I don't GAS whether you take my for it or not.

I am absolutely correct as far as my analysis of this entire issue is concerned.

What I have written here is as true as me writing  "the sky is blue."

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 24, 2021, 05:24:13 PM »

Here's some stuff referred to as "evidence". Something you have a distinct aversion to.

Drug abuse:

2019 US Drug Overdose deaths stood at around 72k
2020 US Drug Overdose deaths stood at around 93k

So there's your 21k excess deaths.

Suicide - Overall, down in 2020, but up in some demographics:

While nearly 350,000 Americans died from Covid-19, the number of suicides dropped by 5 percent, to 44,834 deaths in 2020 from 47,511 in 2019. It is the second year in a row that the number has fallen, after cresting in 2018.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/health/coronavirus-suicide-cdc.html

0 Excess deaths

2020 All Cause Excess Dearths:

During January 26, 2020–February 27, 2021, an estimated 545,600–660,200 more persons than expected died in the United States from all causes
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7015a4.htm

You need to explain the 500-600k excess deaths not attributed to what you listed. Have at it, and attempt to provide evidence rather than opinion and assertion.

Rama Set

« Reply #1309 on: December 24, 2021, 05:30:26 PM »

I don't GAS whether you take my for it or not.

I am absolutely correct as far as my analysis of this entire issue is concerned.

What I have written here is as true as me writing  "the sky is blue."

As I said, your arguement is logically consistent. It just doesn’t have anything in the real world to back it up.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 24, 2021, 05:47:51 PM »

Here's some stuff referred to as "evidence". Something you have a distinct aversion to.

Drug abuse:

2019 US Drug Overdose deaths stood at around 72k
2020 US Drug Overdose deaths stood at around 93k

So there's your 21k excess deaths.

Suicide - Overall, down in 2020, but up in some demographics:

While nearly 350,000 Americans died from Covid-19, the number of suicides dropped by 5 percent, to 44,834 deaths in 2020 from 47,511 in 2019. It is the second year in a row that the number has fallen, after cresting in 2018.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/health/coronavirus-suicide-cdc.html

0 Excess deaths

2020 All Cause Excess Dearths:

During January 26, 2020–February 27, 2021, an estimated 545,600–660,200 more persons than expected died in the United States from all causes
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7015a4.htm

You need to explain the 500-600k excess deaths not attributed to what you listed. Have at it, and attempt to provide evidence rather than opinion and assertion.
titles.
THANKS FOR AGREEING WITH ME!!!

Presenting 2019 statistics is going to help your nimrodic position.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 24, 2021, 05:57:06 PM »
When you ask your pharmacist for informed consent.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 06:12:30 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 24, 2021, 06:11:35 PM »

Yep, I'm sure he represents all pharmacists.

As others mentioned on twitter, he seems a tad on the spectrum. Kind of seems exploitative more than informative.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 24, 2021, 06:35:34 PM »

Yep, I'm sure he represents all pharmacists.

As others mentioned on twitter, he seems a tad on the spectrum. Kind of seems exploitative more than informative.
What would be more convincing is you posting a pharmacist with the ability to answer all the questions posed shown here in this simple Twitter post in a straightforward manner. None of the answers he provided support informed consent.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 24, 2021, 07:07:30 PM »
What would be more convincing is you posting a pharmacist with the ability to answer all the questions posed shown here in this simple Twitter post in a straightforward manner. None of the answers he provided support informed consent.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 24, 2021, 07:11:23 PM »

LMMFAO! You see anything in there remotely similar to what Tom presented?

Answer=no.

No one wants to see a controlled narrative.

Life =/= controlled narrative.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 24, 2021, 08:02:03 PM »
CNN: Trump touts effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccine.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/politics/trump-vaccine-covid-effectiveness/index.html

There.

Your orange God tells you to get the damn vaccine. Are we done here Tom?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 25, 2021, 01:15:48 AM »
What, you need evidence that restrictions on freedom of movement and free association with other humans is detrimental to the health and well-being of humans?
Yes.

Is it boomers reaching end of life or is it the suggestion that people not hang out in groups without masks indoors for a few months last year that's causing persistent deaths to this day?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 25, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »

LMMFAO! You see anything in there remotely similar to what Tom presented?

Answer=no.

No one wants to see a controlled narrative.

Life =/= controlled narrative.

All you asked for was:

- Pharmacists
- answer(ing) all the questions posed shown here...in a straightforward manner

Asked for and delivered.

« Reply #1319 on: December 25, 2021, 08:34:10 AM »

I'd have to disagree with the conclusions you've drawn.

Of course the older demographic(s) will have a higher rate of death, but it can't be totally correlated
with the incidence of contracting Coronavirus.  You have to consider the far higher incidence of pre-existing
medical conditions as one ages, an increasingly deficient immune system, a degradation of vital bodily
organ function, a slowing metabolic rate, and an inevitable physical body frailty.

In fact, the incidence of contracting Coronavirus is more than three times higher in the 20 - 39 year
age group than it is in the 60- 79 year age group. [Australian NNDSS, 24 December.]

And of course the world record incidence and death rate has everything to do with Trump.  The following
abbreviated list of his stuff-ups is a long one, but proves the fact that Trump actually had not the faintest
notion of what he was talking about, downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic for 4 months, ignored
advice from epidemiologists and CDC data, and caused thousands of unnecessary deaths.

January:  "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s —going to be just fine".

"We do have a plan and we think it’s going to be handled very well. We’ve already handled it very well. We’re in very good shape".

"It will all work out well".

"We have the best experts anywhere in the world, and they are on top of it 24/7!"

"We have very little problem in this country at this moment —we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us".

February:  "My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat".

Trump again claims  the coronavirus is “under control” in an impromptu South Lawn press conference.

"We’re very —very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country".

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done".

"It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear".

March:  Trump spent much of the month promoting potential treatments like hydroxychloroquine.

He walked back previous statements downplaying the coronavirus by comparing it to the seasonal flu.

"The US has only 129 cases and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

Trump says falsely that “anybody that wants a test can get a test”.

He again compares the coronavirus to the common flu, a comparison which at that time had already been debunked.

Trump makes an error-ridden prime-time address from the Oval Office —"The vast majority of Americans, the risk is very, very low".

He incorrectly claims that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine for treating Covid-19.

Trump says "it’s been around for a long time, so we know that if things don’t go as planned it’s not going to kill anybody".

He again touts hydroxychloroquine —"Let’s see if it works. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows, I’ve been right a lot".

Trump says "I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter".

"If we have between 100,000 and 200,000 we’ve all together done a very good job", Trump says.

April: Trump claims to have the legal right to overrule governors’ shelter-in-place orders, asserting that the president’s “authority is total.”

He floats bleach as a potential coronavirus treatment:  "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs".

May:  Trump claims that the US is “the world leader” in responding to the coronavirus, and claims that the US coronavirus response "is the toast of world leaders".

"We are getting great marks for the handling of the Coronavirus pandemic;  Compare that to the Obama/Sleepy Joe disaster known as H1N1 Swine Flu".

Trump tells reporters that he is taking hydroxychloroquine.

Etc, etc, etc...

—The man was an utter disgrace as a world leader, and has made the US a laughing stock amongst
similarly wealthy, enlightened Western countries.     And, sadly, a source of pity.