Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Are the American police out of control?
« Reply #560 on: October 13, 2021, 05:26:51 PM »
Ask to be given a firearm?  From what I have read, he illegally purchased the firearm, months before.  If you have conflicting information, I would love to see it.
Wrong.
I literally just said that I thought he killed in self-defense.  Don't let your hatred of me cloud your thinking.
Quit writing he brought the firearm with him from home or illegally purchased it.

Quit acting as if my hatred of you causes you to write demonstrable lies here and anywhere else you post.
He lives about 20 miles away from Kenosha, WI, in a town called Antioch, IL.

So you agree he crossed state lines, you just think he didn't bring his firearm across state lines?
People in the United States are allowed to cross state lines.

He works in Wisconsin and he had been working in Wisconsin for some time.

He didn't bring the firearm with him.
"report to work"
If memory serves, he had no job, wasn't a volunteer police officer, and not requested to show up by any authority figure.  (And even if he was, again, state lines.  Jurisdiction is a thing.)

He was a cadet.  It's like a tac bro version of being a boyscout.
He was working in Wisconsin that day.

He was a lifeguard.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 05:53:55 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #561 on: October 13, 2021, 05:33:32 PM »
I think it was wise for that minor to report for work as he had always done, day-to-day, and, once he found out there was going to be trouble, ask to be given a firearm to protect himself and others.
Ask to be given a firearm?  From what I have read, he illegally purchased the firearm, months before.  If you have conflicting information, I would love to see it.
Wrong.
Like I wrote earlier, you and others like you, keep promoting false narratives that he crossed state lines with a firearm and specifically for the purpose of killing "liberals."

I literally just said that I thought he killed in self-defense.  Don't let your hatred of me cloud your thinking.
Quit writing he brought the firearm with him from home or illegally purchased it.

Quit acting as if my hatred of you causes you to write demonstrable lies here and anywhere else you post.
He lives about 20 miles away from Kenosha, WI, in a town called Antioch, IL.

So you agree he crossed state lines, you just think he didn't bring his firearm across state lines?
People in the United States are allowed to cross state lines.

He works in Wisconsin and he had been working in Wisconsin for some time.
"report to work"
If memory serves, he had no job, wasn't a volunteer police officer, and not requested to show up by any authority figure.  (And even if he was, again, state lines.  Jurisdiction is a thing.)

He was working in Wisconsin that day.

He was a lifeguard.
I'd love to respond, but I won't deal with your dumpster fire quote tags.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 13, 2021, 05:54:28 PM »
^Has no response to facts.

Rama Set

« Reply #563 on: October 13, 2021, 06:03:20 PM »

No.  I don't want to clean up your digital mess is all.

Fact is, Kyle admitted to buying a firearm with stimulus money.  Since he was under 18, that is illegal in both WI and IL.  His 19 year old friend is charged with buying it for Kyle and transferring it to him.  Also illegal.  No help to you, I found out that he was likely storing the firearm at his step-father's house, which is where he left on the night in question.  So I incorrectly thought he took the weapon across state lines.  Obviously, crossing state lines is legal, no one said otherwise.

I STILL don't think it was smart of him to go out after the city-wide curfew with firearm to go help people but I do not think he was a murderer, I think he killed in self-defense.  You are trying to paint me as someone who thinks he is a lib-murderer, despite never having said so, and having explicitly said otherwise.  It's very strange.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »

Fair.  But of which department?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2021, 06:13:39 PM »

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Lackey is correct he was there for his job as a lifeguard.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2021, 06:16:07 PM »

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Lackey is correct he was there for his job as a lifeguard.

I hear running around the pool has deadly consequences.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2021, 06:23:20 PM »

Fact is, Kyle admitted to buying a firearm with stimulus money.  Since he was under 18, that is illegal in both WI and IL.
He didn't buy the firearm.

End of story.
His 19 year old friend is charged with buying it for Kyle and transferring it to him.
Transferring ownership cannot be accomplished, period. And the friend was 18 when he bought the firearm. No crime was committed. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/10/kyle-rittenhouse-friend-charged-bought-him-gun-kenosha-shooting/6231407002/ "...Black signed paperwork indicating he was buying the rifle for himself." That is the end of it.

Whatever is in writing is all that can be proven. Period.
No help to you, I found out that he was likely storing the firearm at his step-father's house, which is where he left on the night in question.  So I incorrectly thought he took the weapon across state lines.  Obviously, crossing state lines is legal, no one said otherwise.
You didn't incorrectly "think," anything.

You were purposefully writing false information, following the time-honored tradition of all liberals, which is post the false narrative, and then bury any admission of doing so, somewhere later down the line where no one will likely find it.
I STILL don't think it was smart of him to go out after the city-wide curfew with firearm to go help people but I do not think he was a murderer, I think he killed in self-defense.  You are trying to paint me as someone who thinks he is a lib-murderer, despite never having said so, and having explicitly said otherwise.  It's very strange.
Yeah, you are generally happy and content when other people lose everything they earned and have it seized or destroyed by government-sanctioned violence.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »

Fact is, Kyle admitted to buying a firearm with stimulus money.  Since he was under 18, that is illegal in both WI and IL.

End of story.

"In early May, 2020, Black (Kyle's friend) bought a Smith & Wesson for Rittenhouse at an Ace Hardware in northwestern Wisconsin, using money that Rittenhouse had given him."

His 19 year old friend is charged with buying it for Kyle and transferring it to him.
Transferring ownership cannot be accomplished, period. And the friend was 18 when he bought the firearm. No crime was committed. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/10/kyle-rittenhouse-friend-charged-bought-him-gun-kenosha-shooting/6231407002/ "...Black signed paperwork indicating he was buying the rifle for himself." That is the end of it.

Apparently you're a lawyer now?

"Black’s stepfather insisted that the rifle be kept in a locked safe at his house in Kenosha. (Black, who faces felony charges related to having provided a weapon used in homicides, declined to comment, and his stepfather couldn’t be reached.)"

Here's a super long, but extremely comprehensive examination of the case. Well worth the read. (Quotes above from the article) What a mess...

Kyle Rittenhouse, American Vigilante
After he killed two people in Kenosha, opportunists turned his case into a polarizing spectacle.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/07/05/kyle-rittenhouse-american-vigilante

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 14, 2021, 11:12:28 AM »

End of story.

"In early May, 2020, Black (Kyle's friend) bought a Smith & Wesson for Rittenhouse at an Ace Hardware in northwestern Wisconsin, using money that Rittenhouse had given him."
Thank you for definitively proving that Rittenhouse did not buy the firearm.

Apparently you're a lawyer now?

"Black’s stepfather insisted that the rifle be kept in a locked safe at his house in Kenosha. (Black, who faces felony charges related to having provided a weapon used in homicides, declined to comment, and his stepfather couldn’t be reached.)"

Here's a super long, but extremely comprehensive examination of the case. Well worth the read. (Quotes above from the article) What a mess...

Kyle Rittenhouse, American Vigilante
After he killed two people in Kenosha, opportunists turned his case into a polarizing spectacle.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/07/05/kyle-rittenhouse-american-vigilante
I do not need to be a lawyer.

I am going to inform you and everyone else that legal transfer of property cannot be made to a person who is a MINOR.

One more time - Legal ownership or legal transfer of the weapon cannot occur with a MINOR.

Your argumentation and posts are very weak.

LMMFAO! Gonna post some story (with VIGILANTE in the title no less!) from some crappy piece of a sloppy rag and claim it is extremely comprehensive!

"EXTREMELY slanted" is more like it.

Your post is laughable!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:45:46 AM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #570 on: October 14, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »
It is illegal for a minor to solicit purchase of a firearm

It is illegal to purchase a firearm fir a minor

Except in some cases pertaining to hunting, it is illegal for a minor to possess a firearm

You are letting vernacular define the legal when it’s obvious that how Rittenhouse ended up with the firearm, if the facts of the case are true, is illegal.

I don’t think these are offenses that should land Rittenhouse in jail, mind you. I’d hope the traumatic events he has been through would be a sufficient enough deterrent but to engage in that type of behaviour anymore.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 14, 2021, 12:37:20 PM »
It is illegal for a minor to solicit purchase of a firearm

It is illegal to purchase a firearm fir a minor

Except in some cases pertaining to hunting, it is illegal for a minor to possess a firearm

You are letting vernacular define the legal when it’s obvious that how Rittenhouse ended up with the firearm, if the facts of the case are true, is illegal.

I don’t think these are offenses that should land Rittenhouse in jail, mind you. I’d hope the traumatic events he has been through would be a sufficient enough deterrent but to engage in that type of behaviour anymore.
I am letting the facts of the case define legal.

Something you do not like.

Your preference is to have as much nonsense as possible be spread about to cloud the issue.

You are radically opposed to private ownership of anything, including intelligence. People who possess intelligence are your sworn enemy.

« Reply #572 on: October 14, 2021, 01:56:10 PM »
People who possess intelligence are your sworn enemy.

Well then you are no ones enemy  8)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2022, 07:03:57 AM »
... and it emerges, with video ordered to be released by the judge, that a couple of months before George Floyd's murder, a group of Los Angeles police held another citizen down and squeezed the life out of him.

Detained on DUI, handcuffed in the police garage, they forced him to the ground, sat/leaned/pushed on him until he was unresponsive, then stood around while medics tried to revive him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10623885/Daughter-DUI-suspect-died-says-dad-treated-like-trash-LAPD.html

Police fought not to release the video, but judge ordered them to do so. 

District Attorney will be defending the officers concerned, so not only do they get to kill one of the citizens they are paid to protect, they get the citizens to pay, indirectly, for the defence after the event.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 18, 2022, 07:31:49 AM »
... and it emerges, with video ordered to be released by the judge, that a couple of months before George Floyd's murder, a group of Los Angeles police held another citizen down and squeezed the life out of him.

Detained on DUI, handcuffed in the police garage, they forced him to the ground, sat/leaned/pushed on him until he was unresponsive, then stood around while medics tried to revive him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10623885/Daughter-DUI-suspect-died-says-dad-treated-like-trash-LAPD.html

Police fought not to release the video, but judge ordered them to do so. 

District Attorney will be defending the officers concerned, so not only do they get to kill one of the citizens they are paid to protect, they get the citizens to pay, indirectly, for the defence after the event.

Incorrect.
They are not o
Paid to protect civillians.  They are paid to uphold the law. 
Which means if some civillains die in the process, well, thats not against their job description.

Catching the bad guy > saving lives.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 18, 2022, 08:55:05 AM »
What happened to ye olde:

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 18, 2022, 09:05:29 AM »

Its just a slogan.
Also, it doesn't specify people.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2022, 05:19:05 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/us/santa-ana-police-music-ordinance/index.html

My takeaway: if you have an encounter with the police, and they are playing loud music, they are planning to deal with you inappropriately. This is disgusting and I sincerely hope it's outlawed across the board.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 21, 2022, 10:22:06 PM »
Another 'summary execution' on the streets.  This time, the victim was shot in the back of the head whilst pinned down on the ground by the officer who shot him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/apr/19/autopsy-confirms-patrick-lyoya-shot-head-police-officer-face-down

The video is easily found out there on YouTube, but it's not a pleasant watch.
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #579 on: July 19, 2022, 05:48:56 AM »

It should read 'to suspect and shoot'