Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Re: Are we going to just ignore the aliens, then?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »
I am of the opinion that references to "extraterrestrial," phenomena are more likely to be "extra dimensional."

Wouldn’t that be cool!

I wonder, what probability analysis are you using to justify “more likely?” How do we assign probabilities to extraterrestrials vs inter-dimensional travel?

Seems to me that claims of observations are more likely to be folks seeing weird shit that is just unusual, but has nothing to do with little green men.
I am just of the opinion that J. Allen Hynek was right.

About which claim? Psychic surgery, nature elementals? Hynek made so many unfounded claims that he was ousted from the scientific community.

A shame really. He’s an example of a trained scientist who departed from the scientific method to pursue fame.

Why would a FEer, and hence proponent of the zetetic method, believe the non-zetetic ramblings of a disrepute?
Actually, he's an example of what happens when you disagree with the boss (who happens to be a dick and has a gun in their hand).
Are you under the assumption the 'boss' is wrong to disagree with someone? If I were rejected from the scientific community for making claims that unicorns fart rainbows, the sheer fact that I was ousted makes me right?
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
I am of the opinion that references to "extraterrestrial," phenomena are more likely to be "extra dimensional."

Wouldn’t that be cool!

I wonder, what probability analysis are you using to justify “more likely?” How do we assign probabilities to extraterrestrials vs inter-dimensional travel?

Seems to me that claims of observations are more likely to be folks seeing weird shit that is just unusual, but has nothing to do with little green men.
I am just of the opinion that J. Allen Hynek was right.

About which claim? Psychic surgery, nature elementals? Hynek made so many unfounded claims that he was ousted from the scientific community.

A shame really. He’s an example of a trained scientist who departed from the scientific method to pursue fame.

Why would a FEer, and hence proponent of the zetetic method, believe the non-zetetic ramblings of a disrepute?
Actually, he's an example of what happens when you disagree with the boss (who happens to be a dick and has a gun in their hand).

Who is this boss you speak of? I have never heard of him.
“This just shows that you don't even understand the basic principle of UA...A projectile that goes up and then down again to an observer on Earth is not accelerating, it is the observer on Earth who accelerates.”

- Parsifal

“I hang out with sane people.”

- totallackey

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 02:25:21 AM »
Im a bit of a self imposed expert on ufos, so here's my stig.

There mostly military aircraft and other large organizations.  They've pro ably been around for a really long time.  Specifically the discs that use electromagnetism to fly.  Because of the sensitive and maybe off nature of there missions (as appears to a lay man) they are not really talked about with the general public.   And of course there's other kinds of Ufos Or UAVs in the sky which many countries have.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:02 PM »

I think extra-dimensional travel or even time travel is as reasonable an explanation due to the almost inconceivable distances involved in interstellar travel.

Plus that whole rockets not working in a vacuum thing.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
Looks like a multiple kill vehicle. Also, if it is an alien craft, I highly doubt there would be actual aliens in it. Alien civs probably send out probes to explore long before sending people, just like we do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:45:09 AM by Fortuna »

Rama Set

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »
Looks like a multiple kill vehicle. Also, if it is an alien craft, I highly doubt there would be actual aliens in it. Alien civs probably send out probes to explore long before sending people, just like we do.

Saying "Aliens would probably do...." seems a little silly.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »

Saying "Aliens would probably do...." seems a little silly.

Nah. I doubt ETI will be wildly different from us, at least in their intent.

Offline Ronin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »
Its funny, how they always release stuff like that, when people are the preoccupied, and least likely to pay attention to it. Like, if I were hiding something like aliens, because I thought people would freak out (like the war of the worlds broadcast), I would definitely try to let the information trickle out under the radar. That way, when you finally get ready for the big reveal, and everyone is like WTF, you are like... "But we been telling you about this stuff, you just never seemed that interested. remember when that pandemic thing happened, and that fox news broadcast, when they were like its giant glowing birds. They landed right in the open in Russia, and have been in the news world wide."

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »
I am an independent ufologist (I have many other hats), so I'll go ahead and answer these. Please AMA - i am a veritable font. 

Let me preface by saying that aliens only exist in fiction, and that they (little green men and the public association therewith) have been used by the MIC quite effectively over the past 70+ years to slander and discredit actual ufologists and researchers of many other subjects as well.  There are no aliens. There ARE ufo's (flying saucers and related craft - flying clandestine surveillance craft that do not utilize bernoulli's principle) and they are built by the only creature in the universe that builds flying machines.

@Toddler Thork

What kind of a conspiracy website is this?

One that is actually on to something for a change!

of the US using the Covid distraction

No, the footage was released (leaked, supposedly) decades ago and rereleased (semi-officially) well prior to covid (years).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what these things might be if not aliens?

Ufo's, and by that I mean flying saucers and related flying craft, are clandestine surveillance craft likely developed/certainly mass-produced first in the late 40's.  Today they are also used to run guns and drugs.

Does anyone care that aliens seem to be visiting at will?

Yes, people steeped in propaganda and fiction who can no longer discern reality from fiction.  Propaganda of the "space age".  Bong rips and bad tv take their toll.  The CIA is undoubtedly quite proud of themselves.

Have we all just accepted aliens a long time ago and this is just run of the mill alien business?

Many have, yes.  Twist most any secular "scientist"'s arm (a few beers won't hurt) and they'll admit it one way or another.  Even if they try to hide the indefensible stupidity of it through vernacular like "panspermia".

@ Rama Set

If this isn’t an alien craft then someone on Earth has technology order of magnitudes more sophisticated than what we have seen so far.

Correct.  It's very much about wwii and compartmentalization.  Follow the money! The MIC does not share.

@Tron1002

Spot on. Good to see I'm not the only one around here!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:08:51 AM by jack44556677 »

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2021, 04:23:21 PM »
What kind of a conspiracy website is this?

I was patiently waiting for someone else to broach the delicate subject of the US using the Covid distraction to casually mention that there are aliens and release some footage of them.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52457805

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what these things might be if not aliens?
Does anyone care that aliens seem to be visiting at will?
Have we all just accepted aliens a long time ago and this is just run of the mill alien business?

I know right...  This would have been front-page news every day if it happened 20 years ago.

No idea what they are, I had some sightings when I was young.   

Interstellar travelers? 
Time travelers? 
Interdimensional travelers?

All seem pretty far fetched but none more than the others.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?