Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Re: Another mass shooting
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »
I'm 21 haven't had sex the wimminz hate me and bang stupid men.

That's because you aren't confident enough around girls. Girls don't want a doormat who compliments them 24/7. That's why feminism is retarded. They say they want a gentlesir who will respect them and bend to their wishes, but really they just want to get spanked and be called a whore in bed. You have to balance the nice-ness with borderline douchieness. So after you satisfy their animal desires in bed you can buy them icecream and take them to a movie.

Ghost of V

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
Wait, so making excuses to play video games and browse the internet actually makes the girls like me more?

Andrew, you need to write a handbook.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 01:41:44 AM »
All you really need to know is to be the most confident version of yourself. That will help in all areas of life, not just bitches.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 01:51:54 AM »
While what Andrew said isn't correct 100% of the time, there is a rather large portion of the female population that really get their kicks from men being assholes to them, some don't even know it, normally the ones who only date assholes but then complain constantly that all the men they date are assholes.

It takes a special kind of douchiness, though, not just any kind of asshole will do.

Ghost of V

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:26 AM »
I think we've all observed this phenomenon. I was originally being facetious.

Maybe the females are directly related to the mass shootings???

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 02:00:41 AM »
Maybe the females are directly related to the mass shootings???

Nah. I'd chalk it up to cowardice. The common theme in all of these shootings seems to be that the shooter wants some type of recognition. They don't have the balls to assert themselves socially, so they go kill people because it's easier.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 04:03:10 AM »
Wow, it didn't take this thread long to devolve into whining about women and defensive dudebro posturing.

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 06:47:14 AM »
Wow, it didn't take this thread long to devolve into whining about women and defensive dudebro posturing.

It's the internet, and we're on a website populated by dudes.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2014, 07:48:45 AM »
Quote from: Maddox
100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings. There aren't. Rather than focusing our efforts on demonizing society, guns, gender or family, we should focus our efforts on getting people with mental illness the help they need. The fact that there's stigma associated with receiving mental health care is a problem. If you know someone in need, reach out and try to get them help. Trying to rationalize an irrational act is futile. Rational people don't go on shooting rampages.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152444077178291&id=17359118290
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Eddy Baby

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
What the fuck women, he spent $300 on sunglasses and you didn't even have the decency to sleep with him?

You make me sick.

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
Quote from: Maddox
100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings. There aren't. Rather than focusing our efforts on demonizing society, guns, gender or family, we should focus our efforts on getting people with mental illness the help they need. The fact that there's stigma associated with receiving mental health care is a problem. If you know someone in need, reach out and try to get them help. Trying to rationalize an irrational act is futile. Rational people don't go on shooting rampages.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152444077178291&id=17359118290

No true scotsman. If you kill lots of people then you're mentally ill. The act of killing lots of people makes you so. The definition of mental illness often isn't grounded in science.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jon_ronson_strange_answers_to_the_psychopath_test

I agree with the message though.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 02:18:17 PM »
No true scotsman. If you kill lots of people then you're mentally ill. The act of killing lots of people makes you so.
Yeah, it was in response to hordes of people saying that he wasn't mentally ill. I don't think he was trying to make a breakthrough of any sort (he's fucking Maddox), he was just stating the obvious.

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
Personally, I think it has something to do with all the media coverage these things get. Mentally unstable kid sees the reaction to previous shooting and thinks, "Hey, that wouldn't be a bad way to go. People would remember me forever!", then has a bad day and decides to go through with it. And then a year later, it happens again.

Goddammit.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
What I said is that mentally ill broadly means that you can't relate to the people around you. This guy didn't "seem" mentally ill is my problem. How can you get someone help when they're not unstable?

We can see when someone is severely bipolar, schizophrenic, or borderline, but you can't easily see when someone just doesn't fit in.

It seems to only make the warning signs more difficult to notice. Everyone who met him said he seemed awkward but polite and "normal". Because the word ill is used it makes it seem like the person should be noticeably different or violent when they often are normal people. Seasonal depression is a mental illness, how often do you notice when someone is seasonally depressed? The very term is what attaches the stigma to it. And it certainly doesn't help us to only know someone is mentally ill after the fact. But there are different signs you can pick up on that are not necessarily related to mentall illness symptoms.

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
How can you get someone help when they're not unstable?

By not stigmatising mental illness so that if/when someone feels they need help they can get it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
Everyone knew he was unstable. His parents saw the videos he's been uploading and sought help, but the issue was quickly dismissed.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

By not stigmatising mental illness so that if/when someone feels they need help they can get it.
And many do. So what if we could fix something else that's causing it? That nurture bit in the nature/nurture.

Everyone knew he was unstable. His parents saw the videos he's been uploading and sought help, but the issue was quickly dismissed.
That is unfortunate. But you can't force an adult to get help until it's too late. Maybe it was more obvious to the parents because the people who came to check on him said he seemed fine. They could have spent more time looking into it but then you'd have a tough time convincing people to spend the resources.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
That is unfortunate. But you can't force an adult to get help until it's too late. Maybe it was more obvious to the parents because the people who came to check on him said he seemed fine. They could have spent more time looking into it but then you'd have a tough time convincing people to spend the resources.
Yeah, it's not an easy situation. It just sucks that this all could have probably been prevented. Especially given that his parents are loaded.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 05:08:52 PM »
Yeah, it's not an easy situation. It just sucks that this all could have probably been prevented. Especially given that his parents are loaded.
Absolutely. I wonder to what extent his parents even knew about this. Did they suspect that he was dangerous at all? Because if they did there is a lot more they could have done.

Rama Set

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »
Absolutely. I wonder to what extent his parents even knew about this. Did they suspect that he was dangerous at all? Because if they did there is a lot more they could have done.

If that is the case, they might even be criminally responsible.  An extreme possibility, but there nonetheless.