Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
Do you have an argument against Bernie's platform that has reasoning?  Evidence?  Logical thought?
Yeah.

Bread lines are not a good sign of economic wealth for any country...but according to Bernie, they are.
I probably should know better than to get involved but I suspect you're straw-manning the shit out of him here.
He said that, did he?
Of course he said it.

Bernie loves bread lines!
Do you have an argument against Bernie's platform that has reasoning?  Evidence?  Logical thought?
Yeah.

Bread lines are not a good sign of economic wealth for any country...but according to Bernie, they are.
Citation needed.
Look up Sanders loves bread lines.

"When asked about breadlines in Nicaragua and Sanders’ support for Sandinistas, the senator quipped: “It’s funny, sometimes American journalists talk about how bad a country is, that people are lining up for food. That is a good thing! In other countries people don’t line up for food: the rich get the food and the poor starve to death.”

OMG!  I can't believe Sanders thinks people having free food is a good thing?!  How can anyone support a person who believes that bread lines are better than starvation of the poor?

You've convinced me.  Bernie only wants everyone to eat bread they get for free in a line. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2020, 05:47:20 PM »
the actual quote is:

“One aspect, what is going on in Nicaragua and again, what has to be understood is the economic problems of Nicaragua are not unique in Central America or in the Third World, in fact as poor as Nicaragua is, one of the nice things that I saw is that as result of government policy, direct government policy in terms of the distribution of food people are not hungry by in by and large. I think it’s fair to say. You know, it’s funny, sometimes American journalists talk about how bad a country is, that people are lining up for food. That is a good thing! In other countries people don’t line up for food: the rich get the food and the poor starve to death. In Nicaragua people are not starving to death.”

not that this will change the mind of anyone who unironically believes that bernie sanders wants people to go hungry.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »
Bernie is about to get Hillary’d. Again.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2020, 07:10:37 PM »
Bernie is about to get Hillary’d. Again.

No doubt.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »
The 2016 election was a huge boon to Bernie and his family financially. He went from one of the poorest senators to having an average wealth among them. The man is retirement aged and probably just wants to a secure a nice life for himself and his family financially. A year of campaigning adding a few million dollars to his coffers is a great deal and one that he'd be dumb to pass up. He'll attend the DNC, endorse whoever wins and then promptly go home.

Also one more thing: no refunds.

totallackey

« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »
OMG!  I can't believe Sanders thinks people having free food is a good thing?!  How can anyone support a person who believes that bread lines are better than starvation of the poor?

You've convinced me.  Bernie only wants everyone to eat bread they get for free in a line.
At least the guy could have the decency to ship it to the tent of the poor soul that needs it...

Maybe we will all get lucky and he will arrange for daily helicopter drops of food at select locations across the country...
the actual quote is:

“One aspect, what is going on in Nicaragua and again, what has to be understood is the economic problems of Nicaragua are not unique in Central America or in the Third World, in fact as poor as Nicaragua is, one of the nice things that I saw is that as result of government policy, direct government policy in terms of the distribution of food people are not hungry by in by and large. I think it’s fair to say. You know, it’s funny, sometimes American journalists talk about how bad a country is, that people are lining up for food. That is a good thing! In other countries people don’t line up for food: the rich get the food and the poor starve to death. In Nicaragua people are not starving to death.”

not that this will change the mind of anyone who unironically believes that bernie sanders wants people to go hungry.
Yeah, the actual quote really helps bernie alot!!! [/sarcasm]

totallackey

« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2020, 12:03:12 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/many-young-voters-sat-out-super-tuesday-contributing-to-bernie-sanders-losses/ar-BB10IrLz?li=BBnb7Kz

Bernie should've set up a free bread line at the voting booths just to show his sincerity about free shit!!!

"Exit polls for five southern states that Biden won – Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia – found that young voters did not show up at the polls in the numbers they did in 2016."

This is what you get for seeking out the votes of dumb financial illiterates...

Offline CJO

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2020, 12:11:56 PM »
The one piece of the pie u all seem 2 miss is that we have people standing in line for free food in America and by the way the food in Bernie's bread line is not ( look at Cuba) it's just cheaper and not very plentiful.  The free food people get in America is because we have an abundance of food and there is enough to give it 2 those that don't have the money to go to a store filled with food and buy it there.   The people in Bernie's bread line can't get food anywhere but the bread line.  One more thing. 
Question.  What was Lincoln's political party.   What political party started reconstruction (look up what reconstruction was supposed 2 do to redistribute land and wealth to former slaves) in the south after the civil war.  What political party shut it down after they regained control.  Bribed rich in the south to buy there own land back by paying penalties to the Democratic government. Basically throwing away the gains and starting slavery all over again in the form chain gangs. And denying civil equality. 
Answer.  Republican.  Republicans.   Democrats. 
Look it up it's history.  Dems promise equality and rescue from evil Republicans.  Why do dems think anyone that doesn't agree is racist and evil.  I say this to those Dems.  Skunk smells his own hole first.  Meaning maybe the one that is saying others are racist and evil is really the one who is. 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
Question.  [democrats bad republicans good checkmate atheists]
Yes, before the parties switched sides, Republicans did a lot of stuff commonly associated with modern Democrats, and vice-versa. This is not particularly significant at this point in time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/8a43tp/myth_or_fact_did_the_us_political_parties_switch/
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2020, 04:12:43 PM »
Should I change my signature to a high quality Libertarian signature now, or wait until after the contested convention?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »
Should I change my signature to a high quality Libertarian signature now, or wait until after the contested convention?

But it already is a libertarian signature, so I'm confused.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »

Just delete it.  You're giving us all false hope.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2020, 03:12:12 AM »
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/new-york-times-finds-scandal-in-bernie-sanders-cooperation-with-ronald-reagans-soviet-peace-plan.html

It's a shame what they're doing to poor Bernie. :( 

The Democratic establishment will be choosing their candidate for us once again, using tactics more in line with the Soviets of the 1940s than what we normally recognize as democracy, which is ironic given their line of attack; and very possibly helping Mistah Trump win his next term in the process.

Such buffoonery is almost enough to make you want to switch sides...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:19:00 AM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2020, 02:32:13 PM »
Well the establish knows what's best.  They've decided the best shot at beating Trump is to run this fucking guy.

So yeah, we're definitely getting 4 more years of Trump.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2020, 02:39:05 PM »
He's going to look like a lost child in his debates against Trump. It's not going to be pretty.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »
If I were Biden running against Trump then I would just skip the debates.  They're certain to do more harm than good.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2020, 04:02:53 PM »
More on the New York Times' disgusting attempt to discredit Bernie.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-innocuous-story-of-bernie-sanderss-trip-to-russia

This is politics as politics ought to be: people engaged in learning about one another, with the express purpose of forging better ways of living on the planet. For the Times to frame those efforts as propaganda is, arguably, to engage in propaganda, and to devalue the human essence of politics.

Indeed. Isn't it wonderful that the mainstream media keeps giving legitimacy to Trump and his followers' charges of bias and unfairness? We still technically have a free press, given that this and the preceding article I linked on the issue were allowed to be published without censor. But the NYT have, in my opinion, unequivocably distinguished themselves as part of the Democratic establishment propaganda machine, no more trustworthy a source of news than Fox at its most partisan. No wonder so many people distrust the media, and now a whole new segment of the population is being alienated by it, a situation that can only make things worse.

Nice job, New York Times!

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2020, 04:15:27 PM »
It takes a rare candidate to make Trump look like the sharper, more well put together option. Now, I voted for Pete back in the NH primary, a politician not only with enough charisma to take on Trump, but also the clarity and vigor to highlight Trump's obvious physical and mental decline over the past few years, but no, Democrats had to go for two septuagenarians even older than Trump instead, turning his weakness into a strength. Even if Bernie were to pull off a upset and win the nomination, Trump would then shift focus to "stamina" and physical health. I don't believe that the White House is being honest about Trump's supposedly perfect health, but there's nothing on the record officially contradicting it, and Bernie has had a heart attack recently.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »
I liked Pete. But I don't think he would have beaten Trump. He still had a big hurdle to get over with the blacks' and the Hispanics' well-documented bias against homosexuality, which I know people are uncomfortable talking about but definitely exists.

At any rate a heart attack really isn't the indicator of pending mortality that people seem to be giving it credit for. And despite his age Bernie still appears sharp as a tack... something that can't be said about Biden.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:30:14 PM by Roundy »