Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo
« on: August 28, 2018, 12:28:11 AM »
CD Projekt Red's newest game is getting closer to release (probably some time late 2019). They release 48 minutes of alpha gameplay today. Looks pretty good.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »
It looks like a lot of other games. Another FPS. This isn't really a genre I like.

I like Zelda, I don't like Doom. I like Final Fantasy, I don't like Call Of Duty.

Shame cos I loved the Witcher. Was hoping for a futuristic version of that. This has come over all GTA and PubG. Seems more about the action than the story line. I guess I'll have to wait for official reviews. Won't be ordering the day it comes out, that's for sure.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »
There are plenty of FPS games that have extremely good storytelling, if that is what you are in to. I am currently playing Observer, which is a well-written, emotional game with interesting puzzles. It just happens to show you the world from the character’s perspective.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
I like the setting, but I can see myself getting tired of the juvenile writing style really quickly.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »
I like the setting, but I can see myself getting tired of the juvenile writing style really quickly.

Could you expand on what you mean?

I don't like Doom.

Get out.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »

"Cleaner than a cunt in a convent."
"News bigger than my balls."
"Tighter than a corpo's asshole."

And so many lines with shit/fuck/cunt peppered in for no reason, it's like something I would have written when I was thirteen. And it seems like everyone talks that way. The rest of the game—from the visual design to the scale to the combat—looks great, but with character, dialogue, and story being so central to the RPG form I feel like it's going to be a chore to get through a 40+ hour (I'm guessing) playthrough with every dialogue involving that kind of mediocre banter.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »

"Cleaner than a cunt in a convent."
"News bigger than my balls."
"Tighter than a corpo's asshole."

And so many lines with shit/fuck/cunt peppered in for no reason, it's like something I would have written when I was thirteen. And it seems like everyone talks that way. The rest of the game—from the visual design to the scale to the combat—looks great, but with character, dialogue, and story being so central to the RPG form I feel like it's going to be a chore to get through a 40+ hour (I'm guessing) playthrough with every dialogue involving that kind of mediocre banter.

Yeah, I agree. Some of it would be nice, but it feels a little overdone. I think I'd need to play the game more to feel whether it really fits the overall style of the game, though.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 11:43:42 PM »
I just don't really like First Person Shooters.

I like interactive stories, I like beautiful scenery, I like puzzle solving and strategy. I don't like high octane shooters where I'm dragging a cross hair all over the place as fast as I can and button smashing whilst the muzzle is flashing and explosions are loudly going off and tracer fire is whistling all over the screen. I'm an older gamer. I like to have a cup of tea whilst I'm playing, take my time and keep the blood pressure low. I play to relax ... not to feel adrenaline. Its just not my genre, and that's a shame because the developers made a great game with the Witcher ... but this ones not for me.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
It looks great for the most part. I really hope that Jackie is only around for the first few missions, and then he fucks off and lets you play through the game in peace. He reminds me of Call of Duty games that would always give you Captain Price or another immortal NPC to grab you by the dick and guide you through missions. It made those games feel so rigid and scripted, and I don't want to see the same thing happen here. At least now I'm a little more open to the first-person perspective, based on the advanced combat they showed near the end with the ricocheting bullets and slow-motion mayhem.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
I don't like Doom.
You're dead to me.
The Mastery.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »
DOOM is great. I could tell it was going to be something special at the very beginning when I wasn't shown a lengthy cutscene or given a tedious intro mission. The game just starts and right away you're killing enemies. Then some guy starts trying to give you exposition through a monitor, and you just fling the monitor aside so you can keep going. This is as it should be.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »

Maybe I was a little hasty.  :-\

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 03:54:08 AM »
No Bullshit is easily one of the dumbest anti-SJW channels - or just channels at all, really - out there. At least someone like Sargon of Akkad has a brain. This dude's idea of original content is yelling "SJW!" whenever a woman or minority appears on his screen. Anything more sophisticated than that is just something he's parroting from someone else.

I do appreciate your newfound enthusiasm for the game, though, even if it did take the dev posting and retracting a dumb edgelord joke on Twitter. What did you think of the gameplay video beyond the FPS sections? Are you as skeptical of the salty banter as the rest of us? Also:

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077s-aiming-to-have-about-as-many-quests-as-the-witcher-3-so-a-lot/

This is good. But maybe the way the article talks about the main story has me feeling, again, that this game will be a lot more narrow in scope and roleplaying than it really should be. I really hope there'll be some Obsidian-style branching paths later in the game resulting from the choices you make. To squander this rich setting on a set path that your character has to follow would be an awful shame. It's bad enough that you have to start out as a street punk and gun for hire with a very specific personality.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
that this game will be a lot more narrow in scope and roleplaying than it really should be.
This is my fear and the turn off for me. I feel like it is going to be more of a 3D platform game than an open world RPG. I just get the sense you aren't going to be able to deviate from the story so much ... the battle footage I saw reminded me of time crisis, where you shoot the bad guys and move to the next station to shoot the next bunch. My interest will depend on how locked down it is.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:49 AM »
I don't usually buy games on day 1, but this will be an exception.