Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to flight MH370?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »
The plane was stolen by aliens for a primitive civilization museum. Prove me wrong.
The galactic alliance doesn't have a primitive civilization museum with actual items.  All items at such museums are virtual reconstructions.  Its cheaper.

The museum I'm referring to acquires actual specimens in order to compete with virtual museums.
You're not talking about that back water, ignorant museum catering to the "young galaxy" people are you?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2014, 01:34:17 AM »
The museum I'm referring to acquires actual specimens in order to compete with virtual museums.
You're not talking about that back water, ignorant museum catering to the "young galaxy" people are you?

Well, yes and no. I do get the feeling we're talking about different kinds of museums, though. The kind I'm talking about is more, uhh, interactive.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »
I say they're in a zoo somewhere in a distant star system, trying in vain to explain our strange three dimensional existence to perplexed tralfamadorians.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »
I have a new theory.

It's right in Godzilla's backyard.

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
I know what happened.

They made a wrong turn and ended up on the moon. I bet the passengers are eating all the moon shrimp as we speak.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:46:55 PM by DDDDAts all folks »

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »
Followed up by "Missing Plane Found On Moon Vanishes"

Ghost of V

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
They're probably all dead if it's on the Moon. The Man on the Moon hates visitors.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 01:09:38 AM »
It bothers the shit out of me that no one knows what happened to this goddamn airplane.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:57 AM »
It bothers the shit out of me that no one knows what happened to this goddamn airplane.

Someone knows.
They just don't want to reveal it until they're ready.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:26 AM »

Someone knows.
They just don't want to reveal it until they're ready.

That's one conspiracy theory, yes.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »
Same here. I've been following the news on it and it's just driving me crazy at this point. That's a lot of damn people suddenly going silent.

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »
It doesn't bother me that much. It does make me realise the weakness of "black boxes", but apparently some pilots union didn't want flight information getting uploaded all the time. 'Cos privacy. There's your conspiracy.

Now watch how no one gives a fuck about this (cos its complicated) and instead focuses on CIA/FBI/NSA/NRA/soviet rockets/sea monsters/Kennedy family.

Rama Set

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »
I was amazed when I learned it was simple to turn off a flight recorder.  That totally defeats the purpose no?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
Sure the black box thing sucks, but not one of those people used their cellphones? Have they even looked in to see if anyone made any calls or texts after the last recording?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
Sure the black box thing sucks, but not one of those people used their cellphones? Have they even looked in to see if anyone made any calls or texts after the last recording?
Not a whole lot of cell towers over the pacific or Indian ocean.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
They weren't over the middle of  an ocean though.
If they went back towards the Indian Ocean they would have passed back over land. And what's the tower range around the Gulf of Thailand? It's still hard to believe nothing came after the last contact point.

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »

I was going to take the piss. But then I thought actually they could see if any of the phones come "back on the grid".

NSA I choose YOU!

Ghost of V

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
They weren't over the middle of  an ocean though.
If they went back towards the Indian Ocean they would have passed back over land. And what's the tower range around the Gulf of Thailand? It's still hard to believe nothing came after the last contact point.

Mobiles generally dont work at cruising altitude either.

Ghost of V

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »
"They" have also checked for phone calls, according to this article:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/18/travel/malaysia-airlines-no-phone-calls/