Offline RJDO

• View Profile
Science Proves Flat Earth **PROOF**
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »
Parallel Universes are a real possibility. There is only so many possibilities for particle configurations in multiple universes. So, if there are an infinite number of cosmic possibilities, but limited number of particle configuration, than one has to accept that there is a possibility that we may exist in one of the particle arrangements that construe a Flat Earth Structure with Physics that match.

I have linked a paper to help explain this position. Please read as it gives great insight into this very real possibility.  ;D

http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/multiverse.pdf

Remember: you can't prove I am wrong, so you must be wrong.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Science Proves Flat Earth **PROOF**
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
Parallel Universes are a real possibility. There is only so many possibilities for particle configurations in multiple universes. So, if there are an infinite number of cosmic possibilities, but limited number of particle configuration, than one has to accept that there is a possibility that we may exist in one of the particle arrangements that construe a Flat Earth Structure with Physics that match.

I have linked a paper to help explain this position. Please read as it gives great insight into this very real possibility.  ;D

Actually, I can prove that you're wrong.

If the claim is that OUR Earth is flat - then OUR laws of physics must apply to it.

Sure - there might be other universes in the "multiverse" that had different laws of physics that might somehow allow a flat planet to exist...but ours isn't that one.

Even if our universe is infinite - then it's not the case that every possible configuration of particles will somewhere exist - no matter what, the  laws of physics apply - and there can no more be a 31 mile nuclear fusion reactor or a place where gravity doesn't apply but universal acceleration does.

A truly infinite universe would contain an infinite number of Earth's like ours (round!) with an infinite number of people talking on an infinite number of websites called "tfes.org" - but infinitely large numbers of the people who populate them and make infinite numbers of claims like yours - doesn't make ANY of them right!

So no - you're wrong - this is NOT a flat earth proof.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline RJDO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »

If the claim is that OUR Earth is flat - then OUR laws of physics must apply to it.

Sure - there might be other universes in the "multiverse" that had different laws of physics that might somehow allow a flat planet to exist...but ours isn't that one.

Even if our universe is infinite - then it's not the case that every possible configuration of particles will somewhere exist - no matter what, the  laws of physics apply - and there can no more be a 31 mile nuclear fusion reactor or a place where gravity doesn't apply but universal acceleration does.

A truly infinite universe would contain an infinite number of Earth's like ours (round!) with an infinite number of people talking on an infinite number of websites called "tfes.org" - but infinitely large numbers of the people who populate them and make infinite numbers of claims like yours - doesn't make ANY of them right!

3D,

I know. Please excuse my attempt at bad humor. I am frustrated at the lack of actual help from any Flat Earth proponent to give actual proof, other than, well I am behind a keyboard so you can't prove anything to me.

But, to be honest, I am very interested in the Multiverse Theory. Also, I find the current debate on the "shape" of the universe to be quite interesting as well.

Once again, please excuse the bad humor attempt, but after hours and hours of reading on this site, only to find that one maybe two people (flat earth side) post on the debate forums, and mostly with the answer of "you can't prove me wrong because whatever reason, or prove that science actually does science"y" things" I was frustrated, and wrote the above.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:27:58 PM »

3D,

I know. Please excuse my attempt at bad humor. I am frustrated at the lack of actual help from any Flat Earth proponent to give actual proof, other than, well I am behind a keyboard so you can't prove anything to me.

But, to be honest, I am very interested in the Multiverse Theory. Also, I find the current debate on the "shape" of the universe to be quite interesting as well.

Once again, please excuse the bad humor attempt, but after hours and hours of reading on this site, only to find that one maybe two people (flat earth side) post on the debate forums, and mostly with the answer of "you can't prove me wrong because whatever reason, or prove that science actually does science"y" things" I was frustrated, and wrote the above.

It's probably my fault.  I have Asperger's Syndrome and I'm *very* bad at telling the difference between humor and nonsense!   At anywhere other than TFES.org - I'd have guessed "humor"...but here..."nonsense" is a more likely diagnosis!

:-)

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?