Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: New to the idea, one simple question. WHY
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
People are afraid to publicly acknowledge him. I will not deny Jesus Christ the Savior, no never.
Yes, you're very brave, defending the faith from the other side of a computer screen, with a pseudonym and a mocking photo avatar.  The martyrs are singing songs about you as we speak, no doubt.

Does anyone in the real world know you're a flat earth Christian (FEC)?  Outside your safe circle of fellow FEC's that is?  Now THAT would demonstrate real courage.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »
Not trying to play the martyrs card but...

There is a very real possibility that acknowledging FET will have you removed from your church.
This is especially true if you are a Minister or leader of some kind. (I lasted one week)
If you are in an independant church you are better off, Rob Skiba is a Pentecostal.
Interestingly, its also sweeping through the Messanic movement.

I know this question was not directed at me but everyone knows I am a flat earther.
I don't hide it, but then why would I. There's no persecution in the workplace anyway.
I haven't told the new church I'm attending yet. I don't think they would care too much.
No use sharing something with the members that will bring division and then leaving.

I want to attend a church with at least one other person who believes this.
This means most conservative and reformed churches are off the table.
So I'm on a church search, still haven't met a flat earther let alone a Christian one.
A work college told me on friday that her neighbor has just become a FEer,
So it is happening, and eventually, over time, I'll find a home for myself. 

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 01:28:10 AM »
I know this question was not directed at me but everyone knows I am a flat earther.
I don't hide it, but then why would I. There's no persecution in the workplace anyway.
Thinking back at the places I've worked, a person probably wouldn't have been fired for declaring themselves to be a flat earther.  Probably.  However, I suspect that in a surprising but legally defensible coincidence, some perfectly legitimate reason would have been suddenly found....
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 02:16:43 AM »
This thread really is all over the place. Moving from Q&A to debate. If you want to keep it going, then please try to keep it relevant to the OP.

devils advocate

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
If the truth is in the bible and the bible tells us the earth is flat does that mean that the biblical depiction of Noah's arc is true also?

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 07:53:44 PM »
What is there to gain by deceiving the population into thinking the world is a globe?
Is it to pull us farther away from God?

Basically, according to the religious folks on here and myself, Yes it is.
The governments of the world will eventually become Babylon the great.
Once the whole world is united under a NWO.

Again, this may not be the majority view on this site,

(I apologise for derailing the thread, I had the weekend off and went into babble mode)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.