New to the idea, one simple question. WHY
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:07 AM »
So I'm new to the whole idea that the world could be flat. And I'm not sold that it is, but I am open to the possibility and as such am doing my own research. I'm very interested in conspiracies and all other contrarian ideas, but typically those ideas that are fed to us have something to be gained by the people deceiving us. So I ask this.

What is there to gain by deceiving the population into thinking the world is a globe?

Is it to pull us farther away from God?

Money or control are the two usual reasons for mass deception, and in this theory I don't see the gain from the deceit. So someone please, enlighten me on what is to be gained from TPTB convincing the masses that the world is round.

Edit: So I found the wiki and am reading up on it. But I still don't understand the point, please someone clarify for me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:48:36 AM by Brizz27 »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: New to the idea, one simple question. WHY
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:40:34 AM »
So I'm new to the whole idea that the world could be flat. And I'm not sold that it is, but I am open to the possibility and as such am doing my own research. I'm very interested in conspiracies and all other contrarian ideas, but typically those ideas that are fed to us have something to be gained by the people deceiving us. So I ask this.

What is there to gain by deceiving the population into thinking the world is a globe?

Is it to pull us farther away from God?

Money or control are the two usual reasons for mass deception, and in this theory I don't see the gain from the deceit. So someone please, enlighten me on what is to be gained from TPTB convincing the masses that the world is round.

Edit: So I found the wiki and am reading up on it. But I still don't understand the point, please someone clarify for me.

Well you've come to the right place. As you request it's a rather simple answer but one must know the biblical score of it all. God was in heaven with his crew, the angels and his most beautiful, intelligent, powerful and loved angel was named Lucifer. He was Gods best you could say. One day Lucifer thought he was just as good as God and formed a rebellion in Heaven which had 1/3 of all the angels stand with him to take control. Problem was, God is the ALMIGHTY and banished Lucy to earth and gave him total control over it (he and the fallen angels can't leave here, it's put up game time), with the exception of peoples free will to choose evil or righteousness(good). God told Lucy that even though peeps had never seen God or known of him, they would pick God over Lucy and God would win the battle once and for all. We are all born with knowledge of right and wrong. Lucy is here to deceive us into thinking there is no God, so we don't choose him over Sin. One only needs to study the human body and its reproductive capabilities or nature to know this is all from a creator GOD. God is proving a point here to Lucy and his crew while also showing the angels that stayed 2/3rds who's boss and they made the right choice.

The story is written in the Bible and all is foretold. You can check the ending there. It's really that simple, don't mess with God Almighty. Are we sorta pawns in the story, well yes we are, but our choice brings great rewards if we choose properly. Eternal life and never ending bliss. I'll take that over damnation.

Good luck and Good Bowling
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:42:47 AM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
Aside from the occasional religious nut - the "official" Flat Earth Society answer comes from this page on their Wiki:

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

Personally - that doesn't cut it for me.

The Flat Earth explanations for the motions of the sun, moon and stars are fundamentally inconsistent with the ways that people used to navigate at sea before the advent of GPS and radio navigation aids.

As recently as the 1940's, people were still navigating using celestial navigation and compass-based techniques - which just don't work if the Earth is Flat.  Just look at any FE map and notice how the distances between the continents are very much different than on a globe.

So this "conspiracy" would require ship's captains and navigators to learn how to navigate on the Flat Earth.   But all of the books, instruments and manuals that survive from those days talk ONLY about the round earth approach to navigation.

Are we to believe that there were separate SECRET navigational techniques that were taught to hundreds of thousands of ship captains and navigators - an d that not one single one of them EVER revealed that secret?

Perhaps governments who (for some bizarre reason) were sufficiently desperate to keep the flatness of the Earth secret might somehow have forced all of these men into a lifetime of silence...but what about the pirates who ravaged the oceans of the world?   They were STRONGLY anti-government agents. 

Why would none of THEM ever speak about how there was this secret society of captains and navigators?

This is beyond the realms of reason...and that's true of 99% of Flat Earth claims.

The FE'ers are VERY good at coming up with ideas and explanations that seem right to a quick, superficial glance at what they're saying - but once you dig down into it a bit, it all falls apart into illogic and incredulity.

People who believe in FE seem to be quite lacking in math skills, logic skills, debating skills - and they almost universally are not well-travelled, so they don't see with their own eyes much of the damning evidence.

Look at a crescent Moon in the northern USA, Canada or Europe...then look at it again from the Equator...and again from the southernmost regions of South America, Africa - or anywhere in Australia...and you'll instantly understand why the Earth CANNOT POSSIBLY be flat.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »
Aside from the occasional religious nut - the "official" Flat Earth Society answer comes from this page on their Wiki:

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

Personally - that doesn't cut it for me.

The Flat Earth explanations for the motions of the sun, moon and stars are fundamentally inconsistent with the ways that people used to navigate at sea before the advent of GPS and radio navigation aids.

As recently as the 1940's, people were still navigating using celestial navigation and compass-based techniques - which just don't work if the Earth is Flat.  Just look at any FE map and notice how the distances between the continents are very much different than on a globe.

So this "conspiracy" would require ship's captains and navigators to learn how to navigate on the Flat Earth.   But all of the books, instruments and manuals that survive from those days talk ONLY about the round earth approach to navigation.

Are we to believe that there were separate SECRET navigational techniques that were taught to hundreds of thousands of ship captains and navigators - an d that not one single one of them EVER revealed that secret?

Perhaps governments who (for some bizarre reason) were sufficiently desperate to keep the flatness of the Earth secret might somehow have forced all of these men into a lifetime of silence...but what about the pirates who ravaged the oceans of the world?   They were STRONGLY anti-government agents. 

Why would none of THEM ever speak about how there was this secret society of captains and navigators?

This is beyond the realms of reason...and that's true of 99% of Flat Earth claims.

The FE'ers are VERY good at coming up with ideas and explanations that seem right to a quick, superficial glance at what they're saying - but once you dig down into it a bit, it all falls apart into illogic and incredulity.

People who believe in FE seem to be quite lacking in math skills, logic skills, debating skills - and they almost universally are not well-travelled, so they don't see with their own eyes much of the damning evidence.

Look at a crescent Moon in the northern USA, Canada or Europe...then look at it again from the Equator...and again from the southernmost regions of South America, Africa - or anywhere in Australia...and you'll instantly understand why the Earth CANNOT POSSIBLY be flat.

The twin towers and WTC7 "CANNOT POSSIBLY" come down via office fires, but they did. Of course with a little help from an explosion here and one there all recorded on audio and personal accounts.

There is nothing inconsistent with people who lived for thousands of years without global BS and ship captains. They tracked the heavenly bodies which gave them light and dark with seasons for crops. Just because you write it here qeek doesn't make it true.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »
There is nothing inconsistent with people who lived for thousands of years without global BS and ship captains. They tracked the heavenly bodies which gave them light and dark with seasons for crops. Just because you write it here qeek doesn't make it true.

Which are you saying?

a) That people did NOT navigate at sea using stars and compass between (say) the years 1600 and 1900?

b) That the patterns and positions of stars and compass readings agree perfectly between RET and FET so books based around RET work OK in the FE?

c) That books from the time actually described how to navigate using FET and *NOT* RET?

d) That the books we have come from a global conspiracy to pretend that they navigated using RET - but they were secretly taught to do it using FET?

I don't see any other options...and none of those options seem very credible.

a) Well how else did they navigate before GPS and LORAN?
b) They most certainly do not.
c) No, they do not.

...which leaves us with (d)...unless you have a better explanation.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »

Which are you saying?

a) That people did NOT navigate at sea using stars and compass between (say) the years 1600 and 1900?

b) That the patterns and positions of stars and compass readings agree perfectly between RET and FET so books based around RET work OK in the FE?

c) That books from the time actually described how to navigate using FET and *NOT* RET?

d) That the books we have come from a global conspiracy to pretend that they navigated using RET - but they were secretly taught to do it using FET?

c) No, they do not.

I said:
The twin towers and WTC7 "CANNOT POSSIBLY" come down via office fires, but they did. Of course with a little help from an explosion here and one there all recorded on audio and personal accounts.

You said: the Earth CANNOT POSSIBLY be flat.

I say: But it is.....With all the help of GOD

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »

Which are you saying?

c) No, they do not.

I said:

You said: the Earth CANNOT POSSIBLY be flat.

I say: But it is.....With all the help of GOD

OK - but what about the navigation thing?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »
Navigation doesn't answer the OP's question Qeek. We must stay on topic here or Junker will demote us, well me maybe.

BTW your true colors are showing. Trying to get the use of God the creator of all, wiped out off all conversations, as how anything happened. Maybe you should try a Satanic forum?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:48:03 PM by J-Man »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
OP, as far as the God question goes, I think people like j-man try to diminish creation by saying it is this small little dome covered world. The universe is far larger than our brains can even comprehend. It is full of beauty and wonder. As we advance as a species, it has never ceased to amaze and inspire awe in those who study it. Not all those who study the universe are atheist.
This link may help you.
https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »
OP, as far as the God question goes, I think people like j-man try to diminish creation by saying it is this small little dome covered world. The universe is far larger than our brains can even comprehend. It is full of beauty and wonder. As we advance as a species, it has never ceased to amaze and inspire awe in those who study it. Not all those who study the universe are atheist.
This link may help you.
https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/

No Stink I always refer to God's word to seek the truth. God promises us we can find it in the Bible. Some things are hidden but only few. There is also the element of God doesn't need to go into great detail, just saying it should be enough.

Yes we live on earth under a dome. The universe is God's creation, he knows every star by name and stretched out the heaven so we would have that awesomeness to look at. Lot's of verses cover it.

Isaiah 40:26Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.

Isaiah 44:24Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Isaiah 45:12I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.

Those who study the universe and think were on a spinning ball are mislead. God specifically tells us the Earth ain't moving buddy so come up with some new lies.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »
This link may help you.

No Stink I always refer to God's word to seek the truth. God promises us we can find it in the Bible. Some things are hidden but only few. There is also the element of God doesn't need to go into great detail, just saying it should be enough.

Yes we live on earth under a dome. The universe is God's creation, he knows every star by name and stretched out the heaven so we would have that awesomeness to look at. Lot's of verses cover it.

Isaiah 40:26Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.

Isaiah 44:24Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Isaiah 45:12I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.

Those who study the universe and think were on a spinning ball are mislead. God specifically tells us the Earth ain't moving buddy so come up with some new lies.

No, you're adding what you want. Fixed it firm is to imply permanence, solidity. Could also mean it is fixed firm in it's orbit. BTW, the Earth is NOT fixed in FET. It is constantly accelerating.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
This link may help you.

No, you're adding what you want. Fixed it firm is to imply permanence, solidity. Could also mean it is fixed firm in it's orbit. BTW, the Earth is NOT fixed in FET. It is constantly accelerating.

Stinker you're running around here like a chicken with his head cut off. I have to correct you again.

The Truth as God said it:

1 Chronicles 16:30 King James Version (KJV)

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Now lets drill down to the Hebrew. Tremble before Him, all the earth; Indeed, the world  is firmly established, it will not be moved.

Would you like the verses of the foundations of Earth constructed? Sure you would so you quit spewing ignorance after ignorance.

Psalm 104:5-9 King James Version (KJV)

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Now there is no mistaking these passages. You either believe the word of God the creator or you don't, but almost all answers can be found in the good book. I don't need NASA or any .gov, all I have to do is read. The book is free too, almost any church will give you one.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »
You either believe the word of God the creator or you don't

NAILED IT.

But this forum does not subscribe to a religious conviction and J-Man is proselytizing his answers.
J-Man and I are obviously coming from a Christian perspective and this is not reflected in the wiki.
There are also round earth Christians on here who would disagree strongly with us.

Where has Bodiddley gone?
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 11:16:29 PM »
You either believe the word of God the creator or you don't

NAILED IT.

But this forum does not subscribe to a religious conviction and J-Man is proselytizing his answers.
J-Man and I are obviously coming from a Christian perspective and this is not reflected in the wiki.
There are also round earth Christians on here who would disagree strongly with us.

Where has Bodiddley gone?

The RE run rampant here and God rarely gets a voice nowadays on any website. People are afraid to publicly acknowledge him. I will not deny Jesus Christ the Savior, no never. When I meet the man upstairs, I hope he says, Good Job my J-man, you pissed old Lucy off big time. Come on in......

The OP was wondering "Why" other than money and power, I gave him something to ponder. As far as other Christians not believing Flat Earth, ok w/e, I have family member that go to church regularly and didn't know Giants existed mating with da little peeps. Come on they hear and read the word? Oh well. Wonder how they could explain "if" we went to the moon and all these galaxies exist which were heading to by NASA and Elon's account, have they read the Bible that says were staying right here and the second coming all eyes will see Jesus descend to Earth?  How could all eyes see if some are living on mars? How can Lucy then be locked away in hell for 1,000 years how God makes Earth a heaven? Are all these peeps coming back from planets to get their spot in heaven earth? And when God releases Lucy again to tempt the earthlings for the last time after 1,000 years of bliss, where are these space travelers? Are they coming back? Why doesn't the Bible even mention them? You mean God lets them escape his tests and his glory years? Hardly.

So yes I have problems with "Christians" who really don't know or understand the word.

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »
Thanks J-Man :)

Theologically speaking I am coming from a Reformed Orthodox position.
We would probably disagree on many many things but not on Flat Earth.
I enjoy reading your posts, they make me laugh, they probably offend everyone else.
Before you say it, yes the Gospel is offensive, so no complaints from me here.

I would like to see you and bodidley go head to head but he has disappeared.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 04:53:55 AM »
Ahh, the beauty of religion - I'm right and you're wrong because of how I interpret poetic language and nothing you say can change my mind. With my own eyes I have seen the Orion nebula, the stripes of Jupiter,'s cloud belts and the rings of Saturn. They look like lower smaller versions of what NASA releases. (and no, I don't think NASA is evil. I live very close to a major NASA facility, toured it, very cool place. No sign of the devil) If satan could so completely blind you, then how can you even say you're reading the Bible??? I genuinely think you do religion a disservice by looking like weirdos. You're right up there with people claiming the world is gonna end on a certain date.
-Terry50

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 11:41:34 AM »
I genuinely think you do religion a disservice by looking like weirdos.

I often feel I am doing religion and God a disservice.
This is a difficult time for me, I have no FE Christians to fellowship with.
The future is looking pretty good for FET though, sides are being drawn.

There are plenty of ordinary people who are willing to stand up and question the narrative.
But what will happen when persecution comes, thats when knowing God is a big advantage.
Who would bother dying for a difference in cosmology, why not just lie and live.

And whats the point of dying for an Atheistic Belief, so other Atheists can believe in nothing.

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »

This question gets asked here almost every week.

You could go back and look at the many threads with some of the different ideas.
But I think Macbeth says it best "Power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely"

People are weened into the conspiracy at high levels and the underlings don't need to know.
It wouldn't even surprise me if most Presidents and Prime Ministers were kept in the dark.
That's not in their job description, they exist to fulfil the agenda of the party they represent.
The real money is with the corporations and the bankers, they have the means to accomplish their will.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

You could go back and look at the many threads with some of the different ideas.
But I think Macbeth says it best "Power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely"

People are weened into the conspiracy at high levels and the underlings don't need to know.
It wouldn't even surprise me if most Presidents and Prime Ministers were kept in the dark.
That's not in their job description, they exist to fulfil the agenda of the party they represent.
The real money is with the corporations and the bankers, they have the means to accomplish their will.

Herein lies the problem. You expect people to believe there is a widespread conspiracy to fool people about space. It would require millions of people and hundreds of nations, businesses, and universities to be fooled. Very smart people who would figure out that they were literally doing nothing. There is so much more to successfully getting into space than just filling a metal tube with fuel and launching it off. It takes YEARS of engineering and testing, and many millions of dollars to do it.
Everything is tested and the returned data verified. Even during launch, the rocket feeds back constant telemetry data. If the data is wrong, or stops coming in, the engineers would know. It requires such an amazing leap of faith to think that this scheme would ever be possible. China, India, and Japan are all space faring nations and they aren't exactly known for their Christian beliefs. Why would they participate? There are easier ways to make money/have power than what you're suggesting. Humans are LOUSY at keeping secrets. I'd ask that you put some serious thought into what is actually required to pull this off and then look at the budget of NASA, remove all the money for their expenses, and figure out what is left. The rich and powerful could make far more by running a business.

The story goes that only those at the top know, but who are they? What do they gain? Wealth and power? They already have that. Lying to the world is far to risky a financial proposition for minimal gain.
-Terry50

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »

Most of us are bright enough to work out the shape of the earth and how we receive broadcasts.