Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2220 on: September 10, 2017, 10:35:14 AM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/349956-schumer-i-started-planning-trump-deal-in-august

I just wanna quote this bit:

Schumer also detailed the phone call he received from Trump after the deal, praising the positive media coverage of their meeting.“I got a call early this morning,” Schumer recalled. “He said, ‘This was so great!’ Here’s what he said: ‘Do you watch Fox News?’ I said, ‘Not really.’ ‘They’re praising you!’ Meaning me. But he said, ‘And your stations’ — I guess meaning MSNBC and CNN — ‘are praising me! This is great!’”
Trump seemed surprised to learn that "fake news" will praise him if he sides with Democrats and seems to love it.

Also, is it me or is Trump shitposting on twitter less than usual?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 10, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
Trump seemed surprised to learn that "fake news" will praise him if he sides with Democrats and seems to love it.
Trump goes back to being a Democrat in 3... 2... 1...
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 10, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »
I went and saw Trump's house and almost got in trouble with secret service.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
Just wait a little longer Junker, I thought secret service was running out of funding trying to keep up with all of the travel the Trump family does for private business.

CT
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 12, 2017, 03:56:50 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/09/12/assessing-a-clinton-argument-that-the-media-helped-to-elect-trump/

Basically, "It's not my fault but I've taken the blame for losing but it was the media's fault."

The more she speaks out the clearer it is that she would have been a shitty president too. Please don't run again in 2020 Ms. Clinton.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 12, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »
I personally blame both parties equally.  You gotta be rich to run and none of them give a damn about regular people.  Trump's not really that much worse than a lot of historical presidents and fortunately, he doesn't appear to be all that interested in becoming a dictator.  Not enough golf.  They'll both fade into history not unlike the hanging chad scandal of 2000.  We forget our government's general ineptitude so quickly.

CT

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:28 PM »
I sure as hell wouldn't blame the media.
Maybe memes but even that's not the real reason.  The REAL reason is two fold.

1. She's got a hell of a lot of baggage.
2. Trump literally told people what they wanted to hear in words they could understand.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:33 PM »
The bad thing to me is that it demonstrates a scary sense of entitlement. The media may lean Left, but its chief interest is money, and it makes money by being sensational and Hildog's email situation was certainly sensational. Her comments suggest that she thinks the media should have been on her side, when obviously the media should be objective and not favor anybody... and let's be honest, it really did favor her anyway. Obviously she feels it should have favored her even more.

I felt like that came out after the election too, when she made a comment that she guesses women can't be president after all (I can't remember the exact quote) as if she thought she was entitled to it because of her gender.

The other thing I get out of it is that at the same time she criticizes the Media for covering Trump too much, she complains about the negativity of the coverage it gave her... as if it was glowingly positive with all of its coverage about Trump. ::)

She's every bit as stuck-up and egotistical as Trump, she refuses to accept that she lost because she ran a shitty, lazy campaign, and I wish she would just shut up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:30:09 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 12, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »
Maybe she's trying to pull a Trump?  Bitch about the media like it's the devil?

But I can't say I blame her for not being over it.  I mean, if YOU lost to a guy who has literally no plan, no government experience, no 'having to deal with shareholders' experience, and basically just spews angry hateful words every sentence... would you really be able to let it go?

I'm still shocked he won and it's September.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »
I'm not so surprised he won anymore. 

It's about brand recognition, showmanship and luck more than substance.  Clinton and Trump both had brand recognition but for different reasons.  We live in the age of viral youtube stars, basic brand recognition matters more than context.

Trump did a better job of not talking about details during his campaign which allowed people to insert their own visions of how he was going to accomplish whatever he said he was going to do at any given time.  Same thing works for scary movies.  Once you show the big bad monster in full view, it loses some of its scariness because our imaginations are better.  That's showmanship.

Luck played a big role.  Trump was lucky enough to be squeezed out of the right uterus in exactly the right year to be financially, socially and physically eligible to run at a time where his message would actually resonate with the masses.  The odds of that are higher than winning the powerball jackpot once you start doing the permutations.  If he ran against Ronald Reagan in 1980, he wouldn't have won the Republican primary.  If he had run that same era as a democrat, Reagan would still have won because of the same variables that explain Trump's victory.

Doesn't mean I have to like it, just not so hard to understand.

CT

« Reply #2230 on: September 12, 2017, 11:42:30 PM »
trump won by like 30,000 votes across three states.  he basically won on variance.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 13, 2017, 12:24:13 AM »
Sure he might have won the presidential election on variance, but not the primaries.  In some areas, he won by a large margin during the primaries so not all variance.  He beat out all of the competition during the primaries mainly because he was over the top.

CT

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 13, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »
Maybe she's trying to pull a Trump?  Bitch about the media like it's the devil?

But I can't say I blame her for not being over it.  I mean, if YOU lost to a guy who has literally no plan, no government experience, no 'having to deal with shareholders' experience, and basically just spews angry hateful words every sentence... would you really be able to let it go?

I'm still shocked he won and it's September.

Yes, I'm sure it was shocking to her that she was up against what appeared to be the worst presidential candidate in history, only to end up being even worse, but in a nutshell that's exactly what happened and she really should accept it and try to move on.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 13, 2017, 01:55:17 AM »
And then there's this.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12222847/alex-jones-trump-drug-diet-coke/

Please read the transcript, it is totally worth the effort.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 13, 2017, 02:06:40 AM »
2. Trump literally told people what they wanted to hear in words they could understand.

I'm sorry, but I was just looking back over the thread and I really don't think I can let this one go.

You do realize you literally described every successful politician ever here, right Dave?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: September 13, 2017, 04:06:54 AM »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 13, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
The bad thing to me is that it demonstrates a scary sense of entitlement. The media may lean Left, but its chief interest is money, and it makes money by being sensational and Hildog's email situation was certainly sensational. Her comments suggest that she thinks the media should have been on her side, when obviously the media should be objective and not favor anybody... and let's be honest, it really did favor her anyway. Obviously she feels it should have favored her even more.

I felt like that came out after the election too, when she made a comment that she guesses women can't be president after all (I can't remember the exact quote) as if she thought she was entitled to it because of her gender.

The other thing I get out of it is that at the same time she criticizes the Media for covering Trump too much, she complains about the negativity of the coverage it gave her... as if it was glowingly positive with all of its coverage about Trump. ::)

She's every bit as stuck-up and egotistical as Trump, she refuses to accept that she lost because she ran a shitty, lazy campaign, and I wish she would just shut up.

It's a problem that the Centre-Left (adjusted for what 'left' and 'right' mean in their national contexts) globally. The Labour Party in Britain expects that all left-leaning voters should support them, leaving them free to court centre-right voters, then gets really annoyed that left-leaning voters want their party to lean left so vote instead for parties close to their views. Clinton seems to have that 'third Way' arrogance that everyone who votes to the left of the right-wing opposition belongs to them.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 13, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »

I'm sorry, but I was just looking back over the thread and I really don't think I can let this one go.

You do realize you literally described every successful politician ever here, right Dave?

Yes but in fairness, he did it with anger, yelling, and a 5th grade vocabulary.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: September 13, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »

Yes but in fairness, he did it with anger, yelling, and a 5th grade vocabulary.

No argument there.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 13, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
That really just shows you what the US is like right now.  National reading level is only 6th grade and people don't want to feel dumb.  Talk plainly and people tend to listen.  Tell them what they want to hear and they'll love you for it.  It's not like a normal job where if you don't do what you say you can do in the first 90 days, you'll get fired.  All the hard part is in the running.

CT