Poll

Would you consider making an argument in favor of Flat Earth if this were a Debate Club?

Yes
9 (45%)
No
11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Max_Almond

So you're saying all those tens of thousands of people are lying?

Why would they even do that?

And don't say "money": it would probably cost more to run a secret program than it would to run a real one.

It's hard for one person to keep a secret; it's unimaginable that tens of thousands would be able to do it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:02:01 PM by Max_Almond »

Get out of that one, Edby! :)
We have been here a hundred, if not a thousand times before. Go and do some reading in the subject.
Lots to read about satellite communications, anything you disagree with?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
We have been here a hundred, if not a thousand times before. Go and do some reading in the subject.

Read what?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline edby

• View Profile
There is no proof that anyone has observed a satellite. People may have thought they saw one. A high altitude bomber with its lights not blinking may look like a satellite in space from the ground. Are you denying that bombers exist? That would be funny.

It's hard for one person to keep a secret; it's unimaginable that tens of thousands would be able to do it.

OK divide 10,000 by the number of people in the world. It's an infinitesimal amount against the overall human population.

Read what?

N00bs can go to the FAQ which we have carefully developed over many years on this site. Don't expect us to do your research for you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:06:01 PM by edby »

Max_Almond

You didn't answer my question about whether you think tens of thousands of people are a) lying; and b) keeping the whole thing a secret. Or why they would do that.

You do know you can take a photo of the ISS, right? And verify that it's way up there?

What is it if it's not a manned space station?

Try this: measure the angle you see it at, and at the exact same time get a friend 50 or 100 miles away to do the same. Then use a little high school trig to work out the altitude it's at. And explain how it's track on a flat plane. If you can.

Finally, how do you explain this footage, taken on SkyLab in 1973?

Offline edby

• View Profile
You didn't answer my question about whether you think tens of thousands of people are a) lying; and b) keeping the whole thing a secret. Or why they would do that.

It's quite a few people but money keeps everything on the hush hush.

Offline edby

• View Profile
Try this: measure the angle you see it at, and at the exact same time get a friend 50 or 100 miles away to do the same. Then use a little high school trig to work out the altitude it's at. And explain how it's track on a flat plane. If you can.
See what? Have you done this 'experiment'.

Finally, how do you explain this footage, taken on SkyLab in 1973?
How do you explain Kubrick's 2001 film, made about five years earlier?

In any case I have better things to do with my life than have a long discussion with every single person here. You are lucky to get a one sentence dismissal from me.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:15:43 PM by edby »

Max_Almond

1. You really think a secret like that could be kept, by every nation on earth, encompassing tens of thousands of people, and not one single whistleblower ever?

Did you even watch the video I posted?

2. Yes, I have done the experiment. It works. You can see it for yourself.

Did you not see the cool vid someone took of the ISS transiting the sun during last year's eclipse?

How do you explain that?

3. There aren't men doing tricks and turns in zero-g in 2001. There's a person walking upside down, clunkily, and even that was advanced for the time.

You have no explanation for that clip, do you?

Offline edby

• View Profile
1. You really think a secret like that could be kept, by every nation on earth, encompassing tens of thousands of people, and not one single whistleblower ever?
The Rosenbergs.

Did you not see the cool vid someone took of the ISS transiting the sun during last year's eclipse?
Looked like a kite to me. What proof do you have that it was a space station?

That video has lots about Antarctica, where I live, duh. No one has ever photographed the Ice Wall because they are looking in the wrong place. It's way way away from the centre of the world.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:27:40 PM by edby »

Offline edby

• View Profile
‘Too expansive to be inside an airplane’.

Lol, Alien was filmed in a relatively small studio at Shepperton Studios, while the model and miniature filming was done at Bray Studios in Berkshire. Obviously the corners are being turned in a relatively small space.

You are not doing very well are you.

Max_Almond

How is a kite orbiting the earth at 250 miles altitude???

And the point about it being too expansive to be in an airplane is because some people might say it was filmed in a zero-g airplane, in freefall. Though they only go a maximum of 20-30 seconds, and the full clip is much longer than that.

Did you really not know that's why he said that?

Offline edby

• View Profile
I don't know how Tom keeps this up. Don't you guys ever get out?

I don't know enough about film making to answer that. Why are you asking?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:51:39 PM by edby »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
You made some good points about the bombers, the small studio for Aliens, Kubrick's advanced space effects for the time, and your mention of the Rosenburgs. It was more interesting than just seeing dead threads and no discussion.

There was some trolling, but I mainly saw Max spamming stuff and not keeping to a specific topic. Somewhat like when people spam out each of Eric Dubey's 200 proofs the earth is not a globe. That is not conductive to the conversation and anyone can see that on either side.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:14:25 PM by Tom Bishop »

There is no proof that anyone has observed a satellite. People may have thought they saw one. A high altitude bomber with its lights not blinking may look like a satellite in space from the ground. Are you denying that bombers exist? That would be funny.

OK divide 10,000 by the number of people in the world. It's an infinitesimal amount against the overall human population.

Read what?

N00bs can go to the FAQ which we have carefully developed over many years on this site. Don't expect us to do your research for you.
How does satellite broadcasting and GPS work?  Used by millions and established technology.

Offline edby

• View Profile

Read what?

How does satellite broadcasting and GPS work?  Used by millions and established technology.
High altitude balloons.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
There is no proof that anyone has observed a satellite.
High altitude balloons.

There is no proof that all satellites are 'balloons'

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Looked like a kite to me. What proof do you have that it was a space station?

The fact that it turned up in the right place, at the right time, exactly in accordance with its documented and predicted orbit. You don't think the photographer just happened to snap it at the right micro-second by chance, do you?

Balloons don't do that.
High-altitude bombers can't do that.

Add to that that the ISS is always seen going in the same direction; broadly west to east.

Balloons can't do that. They go where the wind takes them
Bombers can't do that. They have to change direction to return to base.

The ISS is never seen going against its documented, published and predicted flight path.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:21:58 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Read what?

High altitude balloons.
Link to design and operators please.

Offline edby

• View Profile
High altitude balloons.
Link to design and operators please.

Top secret, nothing on Google.

A leaked Top Secret document won't get very far on the internet. The US Government has the full force of the law, the compliance of media, of ISPs, of foreign nations, and near limitless finances to shut things down. What makes you think they couldn't keep something a secret if they really wanted to?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
The US Government has the full force of the law, the compliance of media, of ISPs, of foreign nations, and near limitless finances to shut things down. What makes you think they couldn't keep something a secret if they really wanted to?

Watergate?

Nearly?