Ghost of V

Re: Just Watched
« Reply #1140 on: April 08, 2015, 06:12:23 AM »
I started watching The Wire recently. It's one of the few shows that realistically portrays computer usage, so that's a plus.

Does it show real operating systems or fake ones?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 08, 2015, 06:26:57 AM »
Real ones. There's actually an entire episode where McNulty just looks into the camera and explains why UNIX isn't Linux for an hour.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 08, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »
Thas shouldn't take an hour.
The Mastery.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 08, 2015, 06:30:21 AM »
Well, it does. It's a pretty slow paced show, but the payoffs are well worth it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1144 on: April 08, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
I've heard so much crap about The Wire. Is it really deserving of "greatest show of all time"?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 08, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
I've heard so much crap about The Wire. Is it really deserving of "greatest show of all time"?

I haven't even finished the first season yet, so I couldn't tell you. I do really like what I've seen so far, though.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1146 on: April 08, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »
The Wire is great.  A critic described it as being the funkiest cop show on television.

Rama Set

« Reply #1147 on: April 08, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »
The great thing about the Wire is the complete lack of glamor in it.  You really feel like a heroin dealer in Baltimore when you are watching it.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1148 on: April 10, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
Who else is binge-watching fucking Daredevil right now?  And if you're not, do so immediately.  It is awesome and kicks all kinds of ass.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1149 on: April 10, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
Who else is binge-watching fucking Daredevil right now?  And if you're not, do so immediately.  It is awesome and kicks all kinds of ass.

I'm planning on starting it tonight.

Rama Set

« Reply #1150 on: April 10, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »

I will get on that today as well.  I am currently watching Bloodlines which is also awesome.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 12, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
I finally got around to seeing Interstellar and I have to say it was very good. I'm not sure how anyone completely hated this movie; especially considering I know quite a few people who did.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 12, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
Because they're level 99 contrarians. You wouldn't understand.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 12, 2015, 08:41:43 PM »
I couldn't devil's advocate criticize this movie even if I wanted to. The characters were good, the science was astute, the plot offered real problems the entire time other than manufactured nonsense and for the first time ever the AI robots didn't end up being evil assholes.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 12, 2015, 08:44:27 PM »
What about love being a metaphysical force?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1155 on: April 12, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »
Yes, such astute science, like the magical space stations being conjured out of nowhere at the end of the movie and how being sucked into a black hole means you get to go on a whimsical journey through dimensions to see your loved ones.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 12, 2015, 09:04:17 PM »
Again, Saddam, Cooper's journey to Murph's room was not a natural phenomenon caused by the black hole. The tesseract is man-made.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 12, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »
I finally got around to seeing Interstellar and I have to say it was very good. I'm not sure how anyone completely hated this movie; especially considering I know quite a few people who did.

I didn't hate it, but it's not exactly difficult to imagine why people would. It's basically just a massive exposition dump with plot progression being dictated by contrivances.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 12, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »
I couldn't devil's advocate criticize this movie even if I wanted to. The characters were good, the science was astute, the plot offered real problems the entire time other than manufactured nonsense and for the first time ever the AI robots didn't end up being evil assholes.

gr7 b7 m7
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:45 PM »
Yes, such astute science, like the magical space stations being conjured out of nowhere at the end of the movie and how being sucked into a black hole means you get to go on a whimsical journey through dimensions to see your loved ones.

Like PP2000 said, love had nothing to do with it. It was a man-made construct. Also at the end, what do you mean the station came from nowhere? They showed that massive space station like thirty minutes into the movie, they couldn't get it into space without the equation that apparently allows you to ignore gravity.

It's basically just a massive exposition dump with plot progression being dictated by contrivances.

You just described every movie ever created.