Offline model 29

• View Profile
Old game systems... who still has or uses them?
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:45:51 AM »
Go ahead and admit it.

Here's my collection (taken with a go-pro because I don't have anything else yet with a fish-eye lens).

I'm planning on building an arcade type cabinet, installing a tower, and running mame or something. (like the 1943 system pictured, which I was going to gut when I got it for free and use it, but I got it working instead and so I'll be building one from scratch)

Ghost of V

Re: Old game systems... who still has or uses them?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:27 AM »
Very impressive. I have many old pieces of tech, but most of it is in storage at the moment.

Currently I have, in no particular order: Nes, SNES, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, 2 Gamecubes, original Xbox, Wii, Wii U, DSi XL, 2 3DS, Gameboy SP, Gameboy color, Gameboy Micro, PSP, Ps3,  Ps2, and PS1. I could be forgetting some.

I really like your setup a lot. I plan to have something like that set up eventually.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 02:54:24 AM »
I would collect old gaming hardware if such easily acquirable emulators did not exist. No reason to clutter up my home when the alternative takes up 99.9998% less physical space.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »
I would collect old gaming hardware if such easily acquirable emulators did not exist. No reason to clutter up my home when the alternative takes up 99.9998% less physical space.

You obviously have no experience with cool cred. Besides, playing games with the controllers they were meant to be played with is much better than shitty touch controls on an emulator.. Unless you're talking PC emulation, which has a lot of merit and is something I also practice.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:44 AM »
I currently have a gamecube in my dorm on which I play melee.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:37 AM »
Go ahead and admit it.

Here's my collection (taken with a go-pro because I don't have anything else yet with a fish-eye lens).
[pic]

I'm planning on building an arcade type cabinet, installing a tower, and running mame or something. (like the 1943 system pictured, which I was going to gut when I got it for free and use it, but I got it working instead and so I'll be building one from scratch)
Nerd.
The Mastery.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
Just looking at that picture fills me with anxiety. It reminds me of my mom's house before we started fixing it up for her (she's a hoarder).

But I own/play SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Playstation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and a Nintendo 3DS.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:07:19 PM by rooster »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »
I just got rid of a PS1, Xbox, and I think a Genisis.  I was moving and they had not been touched in years.