Christianity
5 (11.9%)
Agnosticism (exclusively)
2 (4.8%)
Deist
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

The Believer

Re: Poll for Member's Beliefs. Please Participate.
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »
How have the results of the poll thus far matched your expectations, The Believer?

Thank you, so far there is more diversity than I expected, though Tuasami believe that the majority of the members are agnostic and I believe you thought most of us were Jewish. Interesting assumptions.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
Many members probably aren't even aware that they're Jewish yet.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 11:57:32 PM »
How have the results of the poll thus far matched your expectations, The Believer?

Thank you, so far there is more diversity than I expected, though Tuasami believe that the majority of the members are agnostic and I believe you thought most of us were Jewish. Interesting assumptions.

As Pizaa pointed out, agnosticism is not exclusive. It's less an assumption than it is an observation.

Also, keep in mind that a decent amount of people are voting ironically. This is hardly a scientific poll.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
Also, keep in mind that a decent amount of people are voting ironically. This is hardly a scientific poll.

What makes you think so? The results seem accurate.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

The Believer

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 01:40:00 AM »
I posted this poll on the other forum (theflatearthsociety.org). I do not understand the need for two sites but I thought it would be best to take into account all members.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62131.msg1633247#msg1633247
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:17:22 AM by The Believer »

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 01:43:56 AM »

As Pizaa pointed out, agnosticism is not exclusive. It's less an assumption than it is an observation.

How dare you insinuate that I'm not a Jew, Anti-Semite!

The Believer

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 02:07:18 AM »
Agnostic and gnostic are not mutually exclusive to a religious preference.

agnosticism: "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God." - Google
I interpret this as believing that any Religious text is not accurately depicting the higher being that must exist beyond a reality of our understanding, therefore an agnostic would not be Muslim or Christian technically. Again, my personal interpretation.

So, I ask that you check agnosticism if this remotely applies to you. If you feel this is incorrect, please choose the closest option such as "Other Belief".

Ghost of V

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 02:17:56 AM »
If you want accuracy then I guess I will answer honestly... I'm an agnostic atheist new age christian. That wasn't on the list though. Please add that option if you can.

The Believer

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »
I am a scientologist, and I answered the poll as such. Ask me anything.
If you want accuracy then I guess I will answer honestly... I'm an agnostic atheist new age christian. That wasn't on the list though. Please add that option if you can.

I thought Atheism was exclusive, your specific belief's name could be interpreted as an oxymoron quite easily.
I am afraid that is going to have to go under "Other Belief" until a good amount of users request the option.

The Believer

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 01:07:34 AM »
hello? did this topic die already? That's not fair. Come'on! Reply, vote, participate.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 01:51:55 AM »
We already had a huge religion discussion not too long ago. If you want good discussions to go on, think of something more original.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
BELIEVER, out of total curiosity, what do you believe if anything?

Ghost of V

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
I thought Atheism was exclusive, your specific belief's name could be interpreted as an oxymoron quite easily.
I am afraid that is going to have to go under "Other Belief" until a good amount of users request the option.

Agnostic-atheist-new-age-Christianism is not an oxymoron. That is offensive to all AANACs. It is a perfectly rational belief system.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
VAUX, I would indeed call that oxymoronic, but then, on this board, virtually anything goes. There are precisely three Jews here, and two are not religious, but magically, there are four listed. That is entertaining...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »
VAUX, I would indeed call that oxymoronic, but then, on this board, virtually anything goes. There are precisely three Jews here, and two are not religious, but magically, there are four listed. That is entertaining...

How can you disagree with the poll? Do you actually have a Jew detector that dings when multiple Jews are on a website? Jewbook? JewedIn? I'm curious.

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »
Yaakov officially recognises my Jewishness.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »
At the risk of necroposting.  I chose atheism because I do not believe in a creator-machinator-god.  I would consider the existence of an intelligent architect, but of the mundane (if technologically advanced) sort.  Nothing supernatural.  Some may argue that this is deism, but I assert again that my hypothetical architect isn't a deity and doesn't deserve to be called one.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:21:38 PM by Tintagel »