Re: Has anyone ever flown a plane across Antarctica?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 02:35:31 PM »
All it takes is a person with a private jet to take matters in their own hands and go from Australia to South America over the bottom of the globe. Any takers?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
All it takes is a person with a private jet to take matters in their own hands and go from Australia to South America over the bottom of the globe. Any takers?

Why I hadn't thought of that.  I'll just hop into my private jet right now and see for myself.  I'll take Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears with me, maybe we can have an threesome while we are at it.  Hell, I'll take the Hope Diamond along too, because why not?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »

Why I hadn't thought of that.  I'll just hop into my private jet right now and see for myself.  I'll take Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears with me, maybe we can have an threesome while we are at it.  Hell, I'll take the Hope Diamond along too, because why not?

Exactly lol... a lot of resistance to the theory is based on "you can go to Antarctica anytime you want! There are even guided tours!" So, my point is if any particular institution wants to finally put the Flat Earth to bed, then they can do so by flying around the "south pole" to prove it. Maybe we can get Richard Branson to do it, he seems like a pretty rad rebellious kind of guy, one who might even be open/have vested interests to proving that we actually are on a sphere, considering he has poured millions into his space plane project.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 01:20:24 AM »
Exactly lol... a lot of resistance to the theory is based on "you can go to Antarctica anytime you want! There are even guided tours!" So, my point is if any particular institution wants to finally put the Flat Earth to bed, then they can do so by flying around the "south pole" to prove it. Maybe we can get Richard Branson to do it, he seems like a pretty rad rebellious kind of guy, one who might even be open/have vested interests to proving that we actually are on a sphere, considering he has poured millions into his space plane project.

Well, people have done it by air and land
EXPEDITIONS
Ranulph Fiennes is the only man alive ever to have travelled around the Earth's circumpolar surface.
Ranulph Fiennes has led the following expeditions:
2009 - Everest Nepal Summit (Became the first person ever to summit Everest and cross both polar ice caps)
2014 - The Coldest Journey – Antarctic plateau through polar winter.
From: http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aviation-international-news/2008-12-31/tag-global-claims-record-polar-circumnavigation
TAG Global claims record for polar circumnavigation
by Charles Alcock
 - December 31, 2008, 6:20 AM
TAG Group vice president Aziz Ojjeh and a team of four other pilots broke a
31-year-old speed record for a pole-to-pole circumnavigation of the globe in late November. The TransPolar08 crew circled the globe over the North and South Poles in a Bombardier Global Express, chopping 95 minutes off the record previously held by a Pan Am Boeing 747SP that made the trip in October 1977.
Then in an earlier post http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1247.msg88364#msg88364 I gave some details of the route taken by Felicity Aston on her solo trek to the south pole (not by air).  Here is a bit of that post:
From: http://www.outsideonline.com/1789801/felicity-aston-arrives-south-pole
Felicity Aston Arrives at South Pole
Skier halfway in Antarctic crossing

British adventurer Felicity Aston on Tuesday reached at the South Pole, 30 days after setting out from the Antarctic coast on skis. Aston plans to rest briefly at the South Pole Research station, then continue across the continent through January.

by: Maximilian Dörrbecker

Look, these people are not out to disprove your precious flat earth,
they know it is quite and adventure to travel to the south pole, so they go there, pure and simple.
It seems, however, as though you think they are just doing it to spite your notion of a Flat Earth!
Now I'm getting suspicious of people's motives - must be catching!

Offline Enika

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2016, 12:06:13 AM »
I have heard there are American and/or Russian navy boats when you are about to enter Antarctica. They are there to make sure no one enters it in the first place. IS THIS TRUE or am i wrong??? There is an offical declaration of this former US government officer who tempted to make a trip across Antarctica since he had the means to, but the government didnt permit him to do so.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2016, 04:00:38 AM »
IS THIS TRUE or am i wrong???

As far as I can tell, you are wrong.  Thousands of people go every year as tourists, in addition to the scientists who maintain a presence at McMurdo station.
Here's a web site where you can set up your own visit.  It's not cheap.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2016, 05:59:48 AM »
IS THIS TRUE or am i wrong???

As far as I can tell, you are wrong.  Thousands of people go every year as tourists, in addition to the scientists who maintain a presence at McMurdo station.
Here's a web site where you can set up your own visit.  It's not cheap.

It's not cheap and it's owned by the daughter of the top official at the NOAA.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2016, 07:25:27 AM »
It's owned by the daughter of the top official at the NOAA.

Citation needed.  I myself can find no mention of NOAA Director Dr. Kathryn D. Sullivan having any children.  Or maybe by "the top official" you meant Chief Scientist, Dr. Richard Spinrad?  Polar Cruises' web site lists a Nina Spinrad, who has been with the company for a year and a half.  She is his son's wife (not his daughter); and she's an employee of Polar Cruises (not the owner).

Why is any of that relevant anyway?  I feel like you wanted that point to be some sort of "gotcha!" but I don't see it.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2016, 04:47:37 PM »
It's owned by the daughter of the top official at the NOAA.

Citation needed.  I myself can find no mention of NOAA Director Dr. Kathryn D. Sullivan having any children.  Or maybe by "the top official" you meant Chief Scientist, Dr. Richard Spinrad?  Polar Cruises' web site lists a Nina Spinrad, who has been with the company for a year and a half.  She is his son's wife (not his daughter); and she's an employee of Polar Cruises (not the owner).

Why is any of that relevant anyway?  I feel like you wanted that point to be some sort of "gotcha!" but I don't see it.

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, I couldn't remember exactly the connection there, but thanks to you I don't have to do the research myself :) I was just pointing out an interesting connection there.

It's a very lucrative business though, to take someone to the tip of a place in Antartica, to stay in a hut. I wouldn't dare say that the Spinrad family has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo in regards to the edge of our Earth.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »
From the wiki, to which RE participants are so often directed:
There is no Flat Earth Conspiracy
Which means (if you FE folks actually believe your own wiki) the Spinrad family has no interest in maintaining anything, status quo or otherwise.  As a matter of fact, Just think about the MASSIVE number of tourists who would want to see the Ice Wall if such a thing could be shown to exist!  I picture Red Bull sponsoring a contest to see if anyone could scale it, or find out if it has a southernmost edge.  Think of the huge sums of money to be had from the people attempting to circumnavigate that edge, or climb down the outside of it, or whatever other lunatic exploration of it could be attempted.

Say what you will, but if the earth is flat then the round-earth, nothing-to-see-here status quo leaves a lot of money on the table.  If Dr Spinrad loves his daughter-in-law, he should be overturning the status quo so that Polar Cruises can start raking in the cash from the lucrative influx of world's-edge tourism.

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2016, 11:45:54 PM »
From the wiki, to which RE participants are so often directed:
There is no Flat Earth Conspiracy
Which means (if you FE folks actually believe your own wiki) the Spinrad family has no interest in maintaining anything, status quo or otherwise.  As a matter of fact, Just think about the MASSIVE number of tourists who would want to see the Ice Wall if such a thing could be shown to exist!  I picture Red Bull sponsoring a contest to see if anyone could scale it, or find out if it has a southernmost edge.  Think of the huge sums of money to be had from the people attempting to circumnavigate that edge, or climb down the outside of it, or whatever other lunatic exploration of it could be attempted.

Say what you will, but if the earth is flat then the round-earth, nothing-to-see-here status quo leaves a lot of money on the table.  If Dr Spinrad loves his daughter-in-law, he should be overturning the status quo so that Polar Cruises can start raking in the cash from the lucrative influx of world's-edge tourism.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2016, 02:42:51 AM »
I too often feel that way after reading the wiki, you've nailed it!

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »
Also can someone shed some light on why there are "geographic" and a "magnetic" north poles?

So it seem using google is too hard for you?
The geographic north pole also known as the celestial north pole is the north pole of Earth's rotational axis, it points towards the star Polaris.
The north magnetic pole is where compass points north, it moves overtime and the movement can be detected in a decade, it is currently in the Arctic Ocean about north of Canada.
Additionally there is the north ecliptic pole, the north pole of Earth's orbital plane, the Sun appears to revolve around Earth relative to background star viewed from there.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2016, 06:16:22 AM »
why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
this would rest the lid on whether flat earth people are correct or not.
Surely its not much of an investment between some flat earth people who have some private funds.
its a drone, so there is no risk to human health.
and CCTV will record the entire thing  ;)
PS:  if anyone reads this and gets an idea, then PLEASE DONT USE FISH EYE LENS CAMERAS !!!! as it really distrots (bends) the horizon and important features.
if a group of similar minded people do this, then they could also do and fund a Rocket launch (maybe 70 miles high) and again, DONT USE A FISH EYE LENS!!!!
Go Pro cameras suck because they are not realistic. (they BEND and give a false horizon).
anyway,, so why doesnt anyone do the remote control drone over Antartica Due South ?
really.. that would be the icing on the cake !

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
this would rest the lid on whether flat earth people are correct or not.
Several reasons, listed in the order I thought of them:

First off, it isn't a "small amount of money".  Travel to the region could easily cost upwards of $40,000. 

Second, while drones are allowed there are rules, one of which is you must recover the craft.  This means you would not be allowed to simply fly south until it dies, unless your machine has the range (both flight range and radio transmitter range) to actually cross to the other side of the continent (round earth assumption) for recovery.  I don't think any drones can do that yet.  (Another rule prevents flying over the pole itself, to prevent crashing there, but a flight nearby should satisfy the challenge.).

Third, even if such a flight were completed, with full HD video and a GPS track the whole way, the wiki itself says "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered....With this litany of problems, it's easy to see why photographic evidence is not to be trusted."  If the video is likely to be rejected a priori, why should anybody (on either side) bother going to the effort and expense of shooting it in the first place?

And fourth, a reason that will sound harsh but I include for the sake of completing the list: of those people who even know there is a modern Flat Earth viewpoint, the vast majority believe it to be either fake (internet trolls pretending to believe) or folly.  Very few outside this forum take the Flat Earth viewpoint seriously, certainly not to the level of spending time and money to prove it wrong.  The rest of the world considers the matter settled by thousands of years, and if a modern person doesn't believe round earth already, one more piece of evidence is unlikely to change that.

Offline Wodz30

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
I came across this forum by accident and read through this post. It appears to be quite evident that most everyone that has posted on this thread is simply googling information and posting their opinions. That is quite normal because it is exceptionally unlikely that any bonafide world traveler would be posting on these forums. Luckily, I have noticed this silly thread. I warn you that this post will be quite long.

Here is part of my business CV. I am a professional world traveler. My clients pay for my expertise to lead them on exotic excursions around the world. I have been to Mount Everest, every major mountain range in the world and to the north and south poles. I have an international back grounding in mountaineering, ice climbing, rescue and things of that nature. If the circumference of the earth is nearly 30,000 miles round, I have circled the globe over 30 times. These credentials should place me as the most qualified poster so I do hope that you pay attention to the information that I am providing.

Let us begin! We have all heard about tourists that have "visited Antarctica". The primary story is that someone flew to Santiago, Chile and then took a jumper flight south to Punta Arenas, jumped on their cruise ship which took them to surrounding islands and then onto part of the Antarctica peninsula, which is most definitely not the interior. A trip like this will run you anywhere from $7,000USD to $25,000USD depending on your flights and cabin class. In my professional opinion this is the equivalent of flying from Asia to Liberty Island, seeing the Statue of Liberty, flying home and telling everyone that you went to America. Be it West or East there are cruises that will take you to surrounding islands and barely onto the landmass of Antarctica itself. The main focal point of these cruises is to see Penguins. Seeing icebergs and leopard seals would be a plus. Attempting to explore the vast interior would be utterly pointless as there is nothing to do there and these people have quite literally no experience.

Have you ever met anyone that has completed a mountaineering expedition in Antarctica? Probably not! A summit attempt of Vinson Massif, the highest mountain in Antarctica will typically run you $120,000USD. This cost is typically paid through a variety of sponsors. The expedition is quite easy from a technical perspective and would be on par with climbing Cho Oyu in the Himalayas. You get dropped off a Patriot Hills at the foot of the Ellsworth Mountain range and then you need to hike for 5 days into the Sentinel Range before reaching the base of Vinson. The clothing and gear you will have with you is valued at around $60,000 or more. The temperatures during a summer ascent are around -80F. Have you ever been in -80F? No, you have not. You have probably never been in -30F either. There is nothing wrong with that, but let us not pretend like we know what we are talking about until we have experienced -80F in Antarctica. Dealing with subzero temperatures requires a significant amount of training. I need you to understand that in order to be prepared for daily temperatures of even -30F you need a significant amount of training and preparation.

What type of experience is required?

Nationally first aid certified
CPR certificated
Mountain rescue certified
Mountain survival certified
Arctic survival certified
No less than 20 hours of igloo formation practice
No less than 3 years of training in subzero conditions

Pretend you are some idiot tourist that dished out $110,000 for this "cool" expedition to Vinson. You get separated from your team for THREE DAYS. Do you think you will survive on your own? How much subzero bivouac training do you have? One of my friends, a world famous mountaineer got lost during an expedition on Shishapangma, the 14th highest mountain in the world for FOUR DAYS. The rescue team had pronounced her dead but somehow miraculously found her on day 4. Her vast world experience and training is what allowed her to survive. For tourists at Vinsion, I assure you that there would be a 100% death rate over a three day separation period. Climbing and exploring in Antarctica is only done by VERY few experts in the world per year and they have set goals. There is no concept of just wandering around Antarctica trying to prove if the world is flat. This is a very serious place where people die very quickly.

Have you ever met someone that has WORKED in Antarctica? No, you have not. I know a guy that worked in Antarctica for 6 months straight and hated every minute of it. He worked at Amundsen and McMurdo and had a horrible time. You are stuck inside virtually all day and when you do actually go outside, guess what you can do? Nothing! It is just a vast expanse of nothing, in every direction. If you have a useful skill you can volunteer to go work in Antarctica and go see what this is like for yourself. There is no government conspiracy or lock-down like people are trying to push. You have to understand that a RESEARCH center like McMurdo has a very finite amount of supplies and it is also not a HOTEL. There was a quote earlier in this thread about the researchers being shocked when someone shows up there needing help. He said "if you do not want people showing up, then do not build bases there". This perspective is exceptionally wrong. Imagine there are 5 Indonesian men working in a sewer that is full of feces. Their job is to really get into these clogged pipes and be covered in feces all day long. Their pay is shit (pun intended) and they work long hours. The work is absolutely terrible and they would rather not be there. Then imagine there is this feces explorer that LOVES exploring sewers around the world. He VOLUNTEERS and goes and works in the sewers with the Indonesian workers. The Indonesian workers are looking at him like "are you fucking stupid?".. this is how the researchers at McMurdo are looking at these people that show up there. These researchers, scientists and volunteers at these stations are removed from their families and friends for many months at a time, living in almost complete isolation from the rest of the world.. and this guy knocks on their door because he was wandering about..for fun. Honestly think that over for a while. The same guy that worked in Antarctica for an extended period also volunteered for 4 months at the physical North Pole. He loved working there because he was mainly on a ship and since he had grown up on ships he was able to gain experience and see more things. If you meet anyone that has ever worked in Antarctica.. not a TOURIST but someone that actually WORKED there, they will all tell you that it is very crappy and you are stuck inside regretting being there.

Antarctica is very inaccessible, very dangerous and very expensive. This post is to address the naive posters that are suggesting people should just wander to Antarctica and set across the continent. Stay away from Antarctica! Go see penguins at the zoo and certainly do not attempt to enter the interior as you will most likely die within days. Attempting a north-south crossing of Antarctica would literally take YEARS to accomplish and to be honest there is at least an 80% chance that most anyone attempting that crossing would die in the process. The sheer THOUGHT that anyone would even ATTEMPT to cross the entirety of Antarctica is suicidal and asinine on the face of it.

What is in Antarctica? The main topographical features of interest on Antarctica are the ice shelves, specifically the Larsen and Ross shelves. Lake Vostok is another place that is of high significance as it was universally agreed that there was no life present deep within this lake. Scientists were baffled when they discovered life living in the depths of this lake that was covered by 13,100 feet of ice. More recently scientists have discovered and confirmed the largest canyon in the world underneath the Antarctic ice. The glacier is three times larger than the Grand Canyon in the Ellsworth region. There is an entire continent under this ice that we know very little about and these "bases" around Antarctica are actually research centers that help with paleogeology, atmospheric earth sciences, paleoclimatology and many other disciplines of science. Having these research stations IN Antarctica is integral for the study of the land. You do not build a "base" in Australia and then attempt to fly to Antarctica and gallivant around the interior attempting to sort of conduct research. Anyone that suggests the presence of military bases on Antarctica that are trying to "keep us from learning the truth of what is beyond" have A) quite literally no idea what they are talking about. B) Have not conducted serious geological or scientific research C) Have never actually been to Antarctica.

Ships - There is also no reason that anyone in world history would circumnavigate the Antarctic circle. Anyone suggesting that one would simply chart a course around the entirety of Antarctica is CLEARLY not familiar with the ACC!! The Antarctic Circumpolar Current is the most important current in the Southern Ocean..yes, Antarctica is surrounded by an Ocean. This is the only current that flows completely around the globe. It is arguably the mightiest or roughest current of any ocean! I cannot even conceive of ANYONE being stupid enough to even attempt such a suicidal voyage. The ship required to circumnavigate such an undertaking would need to be massive, like a cruise ship and everyone on-board should presume that they are going to die.

You people speak in such abstract terms, so far removed from the reality that we live in. "Just fly across Antarctica" sure, no problem.. "Just sail around Antarctica". Strap a rocket to the back of my car and we can fly to Mars! The majority of posts here is what so heavily discredits the FE concept from being taken seriously in the scientific community.

I got bored with writing this so I will just stop here. I hope everyone enjoyed reading this. I will not be checking replies.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »

EXPEDITIONS
Ranulph Fiennes is the only man alive ever to have travelled around the Earth's circumpolar surface.
2009 - Everest Nepal Summit (Became the first person ever to summit Everest and cross both polar ice caps)
From: http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aviation-international-news/2008-12-31/tag-global-claims-record-polar-circumnavigation
by Charles Alcock
31-year-old speed record for a pole-to-pole circumnavigation of the globe in late November. The TransPolar08 crew circled the globe over the North and South Poles in a Bombardier Global Express, chopping 95 minutes off the record previously held by a Pan Am Boeing 747SP that made the trip in October 1977.
Then in an earlier post http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1247.msg88364#msg88364 I gave some details of the route taken by Felicity Aston on her solo trek to the south pole (not by air).  Here is a bit of that post:

British adventurer Felicity Aston on Tuesday reached at the South Pole, 30 days after setting out from the Antarctic coast on skis. Aston plans to rest briefly at the South Pole Research station, then continue across the continent through January.

they know it is quite and adventure to travel to the south pole, so they go there, pure and simple.
It seems, however, as though you think they are just doing it to spite your notion of a Flat Earth!

Based on their reports and narrations of how they explored Antartica, it clearly appears that all of them had gone only at portions along peripheral places  passing by the south pole area especially those on foot. Those who had flown over the pole, not one of them attested that they had really flown or crossed directly over the pole and came out at the other side. It seems that they had just flown pretty much along the coastal ice portions of Antartica, never directly across and over it. No one did. Like the Norwegian, Borge Ouslan, who claimed to have crossed the continent on foot, but from his narration, just the same as the others before him, he just covered a distance of 3,000 km from Berkner Is. to Scott base via the south pole, which is actually not a cross over of the continent beyond the pole towards the eastern part or mid part as seen in the global map. This is just how he traveled in 2013.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/dec/13/borge-ousland-how-i-crossed-antarctica

This is so because the so-called mid section of Antartica as seen in the global map is actually non-existent. In reality, this section is heading already towards the unknown place beyond the ice border portions as seen from the flat earth map. Based on historical records, attempts had been made especially before the UN expedition-prohibition ruling, but only up to about 2,700 miles by plane beyond the pole and towards this unknown place. Extreme harsh environment (extreme coldness, darkness and uncertainty) prevent them from going further. After the UN ruling, we do not really know if the controlling authorities/countries who have hidden the truth to people like us have already gone much much farther into the unknown place towards the firmament, who knows? they have all the power to do that in secrecy in the guise of the UN ruling.

Anyway, I strongly believe based on evidences and facts that there are those unknown places beyond the ice border as seen in flat earth map. What the globe earthers had actually done way back in the early centuries was to project/form the flat earth map, which came first, into a globe form as we know today. So the ice border was converged into one portion of the globe, and this is the south pole area, the Antartica. This was how the surrounding ice border was erased from the map, concealed and hidden from people until today. They've mastered the art of deception through NASA with a stylized figure/letter "T" at its middle (dare you read it backwards!!). And most people know that the master of deception is no other than SATAN. Is this coincidence or intentional....

May the truth find its way into great minds on earth, letting them stand against the deceptions of the Evil one that manifest in the lies and arrogance of cunning fools... 
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »

EXPEDITIONS
by Charles Alcock

Based on their reports and narrations of how they explored Antartica, it clearly appears that all of them had gone only at portions along peripheral places  passing by the south pole area especially those on foot. Those who had flown over the pole, not one of them attested that they had really flown or crossed directly over the pole and came out at the other side. It seems that they had just flown pretty much along the coastal ice portions of Antartica, never directly across and over it. No one did. Like the Norwegian, Borge Ouslan, who claimed to have crossed the continent on foot, but from his narration, just the same as the others before him, he just covered a distance of 3,000 km from Berkner Is. to Scott base via the south pole, which is actually not a cross over of the continent beyond the pole towards the eastern part or mid part as seen in the global map. This is just how he traveled in 2013.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/dec/13/borge-ousland-how-i-crossed-antarctica

This is so because the so-called mid section of Antartica as seen in the global map is actually non-existent. In reality, this section is heading already towards the unknown place beyond the ice border portions as seen from the flat earth map. Based on historical records, attempts had been made especially before the UN expedition-prohibition ruling, but only up to about 2,700 miles by plane beyond the pole and towards this unknown place. Extreme harsh environment (extreme coldness, darkness and uncertainty) prevent them from going further. After the UN ruling, we do not really know if the controlling authorities/countries who have hidden the truth to people like us have already gone much much farther into the unknown place towards the firmament, who knows? they have all the power to do that in secrecy in the guise of the UN ruling.

Anyway, I strongly believe based on evidences and facts that there are those unknown places beyond the ice border as seen in flat earth map. What the globe earthers had actually done way back in the early centuries was to project/form the flat earth map, which came first, into a globe form as we know today. So the ice border was converged into one portion of the globe, and this is the south pole area, the Antartica. This was how the surrounding ice border was erased from the map, concealed and hidden from people until today. They've mastered the art of deception through NASA with a stylized figure/letter "T" at its middle (dare you read it backwards!!). And most people know that the master of deception is no other than SATAN. Is this coincidence or intentional....

May the truth find its way into great minds on earth, letting them stand against the deceptions of the Evil one that manifest in the lies and arrogance of cunning fools...

It shows that you have no argument left when you have to imagine Satanist plots!

You might have noted that those Antarctic "treks" went through the South Pole, as in:

And it the actual South Pole the the Flat Earth needs to deny!

But don't worry, there are a number of other expeditions to much more remote areas, but it is far more hostile so they need to be far better supported.

But if you have to rely on Satanist plots to prop up your absolutely unsupportable map, then go for it!

Please explain the ridiculous distances your Azimuthal equidistant projection (of the Globe, I might add) shows for Southern Hemisphere intercontinental flight routes!
A Satanist plot by that terrible QANTAS I suppose!

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »
@ rabinoz....

Howdy!

Thank you for replying in not-so-arrogant manner  ;)... Anyway, i suggest let's discuss matters towards knowing what's really the truth of the matter....

Excuse my mentioning of an observation re NA(T)SA vis-a-vis SATAN, it's just from the posts of some flat earthers. But it does ring a bell, you know!  :o. Running out of argument, it can never happen unless I've reached that point where nothing left to argue about, but the truth, nothing but the truth, but if I sense that there's still at the very least one deception left, I'll never ever run out of argument, my friend...

Well, going to your additional supposedly convincing evidence about Antarctica crossing by Felicity Aston, a British adventurer. I've checked and read your posted URL about her, but it's not complete. There's no account of her route. But as a seeker for the truth, I made my own search, and I found out that she was just like the others before and after her like the Norwegian, Borge Ouslan, in 2013. She had only crossed the continent from Ross ice shelf to Ronne ice shelf near Berkner via south pole (see this http://trekity.com/felicity-aston/) which is actually the reverse route taken by Mr. Ouslan. Nothing new and convincing. These people had not really crossed over Antarctica across and towards eastward from the south pole as shown in the global map or google globe.

As I mentioned in my last post that no one did or could do it because the center of Antarctica shown in the globe map is actually the globally projected ice border of the flat earth map. So if the truth and reality is indeed the flat earth, anyone who would attempt to cross the eastward center part of the continent (globe) beyond the pole, but with a frame of mind believing that it is just a continent, will simply be surprised or shocked why he/she appears to go into an limitless distance towards unknown hostile places. This had happened to travelers/adventurers of early expeditions in past centuries or decades. This is the very reason why Antarctica has long become a mystery. And it is my belief that to keep people from unfolding such mystery once and for all, the UN treaty had to be passed to prohibit seekers of truth from pursuing. They might have done it in bad or good faith, we've no way of knowing. If in good faith, it's for the purpose of safeguarding the firmament from being destroyed. You know, people are war prone and self-destructive in a sense. (Nuclear bombs??). If in bad faith, well, the very reason why truth seekers are discovering deceptive intents and power-driven controlling tentacles of world authorities, some known to be illuminatis, freemasons, etc....

SO THIS ANTARCTIC MYSTERY HAS REALLY CHALLENGED TRUTH SEEKERS AROUND THE WORLD TO UNCOVER AND KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS INTENTIONALLY CONCEALED AND HIDDEN ICE BORDER (SEE FLAT EARTH MAP ICE BORDER) IMMENSELY EXPANDING OUTWARD TOWARDS UNKNOWN PLACES BEYOND. If you're one of the seekers, don't be stuck up by mere lack of evidences on expeditions made by adventurers. I strongly believe no one can really do it alone or privately without govt support. I mean the cover up has to end to allow govt-supported expeditions (by air or land) worldwide to cover more miles to these unknown hostile places beyond the ice border. What if the distances to be covered are even greater that the earth's diameter? No one knows yet. Where's the firmament or the edge? Or is there really an "edge" to talk about? What if there's no edge, and everything is continuum, a realm.

Oh, I've nearly missed the map thing (Azimuthal equidistant projection of the globe). Well, to tell you frankly, the southern hemisphere routes or distances in the globe and flat earth map (Gleason) cannot be measured directly on their surfaces as they have to be measured using equidistant grids. If you do that, both have more or less the same distances, e.g. Sydney to Santiago. So it's not accurate if you measure the distances directly from point to point with straight lines. Instead you should use their respective equidistant projected grids. Generally, that of the globe has the true distances shrinked or reduced due to global projection, while that of the flat earth has the distance stretched. I hope you got it! If you don't, pls feel free to ask. I'd be willing to expound more.

May we all be enlightened of what really is going on re this flat or globe earth thing... I've been really an advocate of science academically until lately when I found out myself, using the same science knowledge/know-how, that things appear to have been manipulated and distorted. Well, this is the main reason why I'm now a truth seeker.

May the truth sets us all free!!!  ;)

Kudos!

Cel

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:39:26 AM by cel »
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2016, 09:28:31 PM »
Now if you would fly a plane across Antarctica, you would go straight. If Earth was indeed Round you would have to do weird turns.