Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #6060 on: August 10, 2020, 08:44:11 PM »
If you can show an actual court conviction, I'll agree with you that the police man was probably bad.

Is that the same as alleged rioters?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: August 10, 2020, 08:56:21 PM »
If you can show an actual court conviction, I'll agree with you that the police man was probably bad.

You're totally missing the point. The point of the protests, in large part, is protest against police brutality which goes unpunished. And you ask for a "court conviction" for one of these cases of casual brutality?

Can't you see what's wrong with what you're asking for here?

Your position is much the same as those who take issue with the civil defence attorney cataloguing these abuses; paraphrased "There must have been something before the video" - "They must have done something to annoy the police" - and variations thereof.  All of which ignores the fact that the police are not appointed to dole out punishment beatings for perceived slights against them. It's for the courts to decide sentences once guilt is proven.

800 instances. In barely a couple of months. And that's only the ones we've seen video evidence for. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 09:01:03 PM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: August 10, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »

Not really. The police do things which may look like assault or murder as part of their normal work. There would be a higher standard of evidence to show that it is actually bad. The same can't really be said for the rioters and looters.

Rama Set

« Reply #6063 on: August 10, 2020, 09:00:08 PM »

Not really. The police do things which may look like assault or murder as part of their normal work. There would be a higher standard of evidence to show that it is actually bad. The same can't really be said for the rioters and looters.

So you are qualified to assess alleged rioters actions with minimal context, but not police?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: August 10, 2020, 09:07:22 PM »
The police do things which may look like assault or murder as part of their normal work.

It's not a case of  "looking like". It IS assault on unarmed protesters. With batons, with baton rounds, pepper balls, rubber bullets, tear gas, flash bangs, and a host of other militarised weaponry that the protesters do. not. have. And the police have the audacity to show a social media post depicting a home-made shield taken from a protester and paint him/her as being the one in the wrong ....

Around a dozen protesters have lost their sight in one eye due to the misuse of "less lethal" weaponry. A host of them have received other injuries.

As stated already, 800+ cases of casual brutality, all catalogued by a qualified civil defence attorney.

Nearly?

« Reply #6065 on: August 11, 2020, 03:03:32 PM »
The point of the protests, in large part, is protest against police brutality which goes unpunished.
Do you have evidence that police brutality has gone unpunished or is this a case where punishment does not match what you think it should?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: August 11, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
Do you have evidence that police brutality has gone unpunished ...

Yes, but you'll have to be patient. Not going to post it all at once.

Nearly?

« Reply #6067 on: August 12, 2020, 11:10:08 AM »

It seems you are missing the point.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »

It seems you are missing the point.

Which is ... what?

You asked if I had evidence. I said Yes, but I'll post it later. So?

Nearly?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:02 PM »
Why did this suddenly turn into another police brutality thread? Did one of you guys accidentally post here instead of the other one or something? This thread is about Trump. Talk about Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/12/901628541/qanon-supporter-who-made-bigoted-videos-wins-ga-primary-likely-heading-to-congre

On the notion of believers in an insane Trump-worshiping conspiracy theory being elected to Congress.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: August 13, 2020, 04:38:01 AM »
Why did this suddenly turn into another police brutality thread? Did one of you guys accidentally post here instead of the other one or something? This thread is about Trump. Talk about Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/12/901628541/qanon-supporter-who-made-bigoted-videos-wins-ga-primary-likely-heading-to-congre

On the notion of believers in an insane Trump-worshiping conspiracy theory being elected to Congress.

So more than half the republicans in GA are angry, hateful, paranoid assholes.  Good to know.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:35 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/13/902186439/uae-israel-move-to-normalize-relations-as-israel-halts-planned-west-bank-annexat

Trump did something good.  Maybe.  Or maybe it was his diplomats and he just took the credit.  Who knows.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #6072 on: August 13, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/13/902186439/uae-israel-move-to-normalize-relations-as-israel-halts-planned-west-bank-annexat

Trump did something good.  Maybe.  Or maybe it was his diplomats and he just took the credit.  Who knows.

Or maybe it was the representatives of the UAE and Israel.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: August 14, 2020, 01:53:10 AM »
Simply ask someone with TDS: "What exactly has Trump done that you did not like?", "What proof exists which shows he's done X?". Each time you can watch them squirm as they realize that the thoughts they have are not their own and so they have no ability to speak in support of them.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:56:46 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: August 14, 2020, 04:44:42 AM »
TDS

University drops conduct code charges against student who used Trump background

A Stockton University student faced conduct code charges after he used a Zoom background of President Donald Trump.
After intervention from one student rights group, the university has dropped all but one charge.

Stockton University doctoral student Robert Dailyda faced student conduct code charges after using a photo of President Donald Trump as his virtual background on Zoom during an online class. Now, after mounting public and legal pressure, the school has dropped all but one charge.

As Campus Reform previously reported, the Stockton administration charged Dailyda with violating the “disruptive behavior, discrimination, harassment, hostile environment, causing harm and cyberbullying” provisions of the university’s student code of conduct. The university cited a Facebook post from Dailyda in which he vowed to "fight to the death for our country and against those that want to take it down."

“FIRE urges Stockton to adhere to First Amendment obligations by rescinding the remaining charges against Dailyda”

The school said at least one other student found the post "threatening" and reported it to university officials.

[RELATED: NJ student faces potential punishment after using...Trump background on Zoom?]

Following intervention from the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, Stockton administration announced that the university had dropped five of the six charges against Dailyda. However, the student could still face up to one semester of community service, academic probation, and a $50 fine. He could also have to attend a “social justice workshop," according to FIRE.

The university is still moving ahead with the "disruptive behavior" charge.

“FIRE urges Stockton to adhere to First Amendment obligations by rescinding the remaining charges against Dailyda,” FIRE Individual Rights Defense Program Officer Zachary Greenberg said in a second letter to Stockton University.

[RELATED: Clemson prof: Trump and 'anyone who still calls themselves a Republican' is 'racist']

The radical left will stop at nothing to intimidate conservative students on college campuses. You can stand up for them. Find out more »

In an email to Campus Reform, Greenburg said that “by seeking to punish Mr. Dailyda for his political expression, Stockton University betrays its obligation to uphold the First Amendment rights of its students. FIRE urges Stockton to abandon its misguided desire to squelch its students' free speech rights. We remain confident that Stockton will see the light and rescind the remaining disciplinary charge against Mr. Dailyda.”

Greenburg further stated that the protocols taken by the Stockton administration reflect poorly on the college’s overall reputation.

“Suppressing the political expression of its students reflects poorly on Stockton—especially as we approach an election season where students will undoubtedly seek to express themselves on a wide variety of public issues. Upon seeing how Stockton has treated Mr. Dailyda, Stockton students may justifiably refrain from engaging in political advocacy and self-censor accordingly—a disastrous result at a public university bound to safeguard students' free speech rights,” Greenburg concluded.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:22:56 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6075 on: August 14, 2020, 05:42:54 AM »
Simply ask someone with TDS: "What exactly has Trump done that you did not like?", "What proof exists which shows he's done X?". Each time you can watch them squirm as they realize that the thoughts they have are not their own and so they have no ability to speak in support of them.

One twitter poster is not much.  And ask any republican why they hate any Democrat and their words are just echos of Trump and his campaign.

But let me answer the question:

Tax Fraud via his Charity, if found guilty.
Personally, my biggest issue is that he is an asshole.  He is arrogant, constantly praising himself for actions, stating he knows more than he does, and attacks anyone (literally anyone) who disagrees with him even respectfully.  Remember Jeff Sessions?  Once Jeff disagreed on how to proceed with the russian probe (by excluding himself) Trump went from 'Jeff is the best' to 'Jeff is the worst' immediately.

He has fired people VIA TWITTER, which is just horrible for any boss to do.  And not "announcing it via twitter to the public after telling the person" but literally tweeting that X is being replaced and having X find out from the press.

He threw his own intelligence agency under the bus in favor of Putin's word.

He constantly fights the press, especially when they ask him to explain his outlandish claims like how he had the biggest innauguration crowd ever.

He had his doctor read a statement stating that he is the healthiest person to ever be elected president.

He ended NAFTA just so he can rename it and claim it as his own.  (He could have just renegotiated changes under the same name)

He wanted his fucking signature on a check that he isn't paying so he could get maximum credit.  I don't recall Obama wanting his name on any stimulus checks.

If Mike Pence was president and had the same policies, he'd be attacked far less than Trump.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: August 14, 2020, 07:14:23 AM »
One twitter poster is not much.  And ask any republican why they hate any Democrat and their words are just echos of Trump and his campaign.

Trump's voters don't hate Democrats. They hate the political machine, and have the view that everyday democrats are being manipulated by these powers because they don't know better. Many of Trump's voters were democrats at one point. I was one at one point. Trump is an outsider with a comparatively radical views of systemic corruption than the typical politicians before him.

Watch this video:

Is this video not what people have been saying for years before Trump? It just took 30 years to finally gain enough populist appeal.

The themes are:

Corruption
People vs. The Machine

The theme is not:

Liberals Are Bad

Liberals actually do vote for him because regular people don't treat their party affiliation as a religion like the die hards here.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: August 14, 2020, 07:22:46 AM »
1. Trump's voters HATE democrats, liberals, ect.  I've gotten people wishing I'd die or leave America.    Claiming I want to destroy America.  So yes, they hate people like me.  People who have liberal views.

2. So the solution to rich people wanting to enrich themselves is to elect a rich person who wants to enrich himself?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: August 14, 2020, 08:05:10 AM »
Now that Trump has openly admitted that he wants to cut funding to the US Postal Service to suppress mail-in ballots, what is the actual defence of this course of action from Trump supporters?

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: August 14, 2020, 08:25:57 AM »
Dáte: “Mr President, after three and a half years [of Trump’s presidency], do you regret at all, all the lying you’ve done to the American people?”

Confronted with Dáte’s question at Thursday’s White House briefing, Trump responded with a question of his own. “All the what?,” he said.

Dáte: “All the lying, all the dishonesties.”

Trump: “That who has done?”

“You have done,” said Dáte, who is the Huffington Post’s White House correspondent. “Tens of thousan–”, he began to say, before Trump cut him off and called on another journalist, who asked a question about payroll tax.

= = =

If someone says you are lying, and you're not, isn't the natural response to state outright "I'm not lying" ?

Nearly?