Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Flat Earth Maps section in the Wiki
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
Since demand for Flat Earth maps seems to be quite high, I've decided to start a gallery within our Wiki and uploaded some of the more commonly-encountered maps. I'm keen on expanding this section, so if you believe any maps should be added, please give me a shout.

Note that while the gallery currently mostly represents the monopole model (with but an honourable mention to the bipolar model), it is not my intention for things to stay that way. Understandably I was best suited to document the model I personally support, but I'd like to see more out there. It would be particularly interesting to see an "alternative models" section in there at some point.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Re: Flat Earth Maps section in the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 05:28:21 AM »
Since demand for Flat Earth maps seems to be quite high, I've decided to start a gallery within our Wiki and uploaded some of the more commonly-encountered maps. I'm keen on expanding this section, so if you believe any maps should be added, please give me a shout.

Note that while the gallery currently mostly represents the monopole model (with but an honourable mention to the bipolar model), it is not my intention for things to stay that way. Understandably I was best suited to document the model I personally support, but I'd like to see more out there. It would be particularly interesting to see an "alternative models" section in there at some point.
no map we see is going to be accurate we need to take the information given like the mountain lines the warm and cold currents and the differnet regions to layout a more accurate model

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Maps section in the Wiki
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »
I would suggest not limiting the FE map section to modern FE maps.  Rather, I would recommend including historical maps from from older FE cosmologies and expanding that wiki entry into a sort of a "history/evolution of flat earth map" through the ages type article.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.