Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Bernie 2020
« on: February 19, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vermont-sen-bernie-sanders-enters-crowded-2020-presidential-race

If you didn't feel the Bern in 2016, here's your second chance to catch it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 03:47:34 PM »
I'm iffy.  He doesn't have much of a shot and its gonna be crowded.  Like 2016 on the republicans.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:09:51 PM »
He's also really fucking old. He'll probably die of a gunshot wound to the back of the head heart attack if he becomes president.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 02:55:17 AM »
He's also really fucking old. He'll probably die of a gunshot wound to the back of the head heart attack if he becomes president.

Trump is 72.  Sanders is 77.

And if Trump ain't dead from all the fast food....
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:19 AM »
And if Trump ain't dead from all the fast food....
Trump's health is presidential. He is the healthiest person to ever be in office. Believe me.

Also, who cares how old Bernie is? If he dies, Ben & Jerry's will just replace him with their next candidate. Most people won't even notice
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
I unironically donated to a political candidate for the first time ever. 

It's time...

totallackey

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »
I unironically donated to a political candidate for the first time ever. 

It's time...

Yeah, good luck with that donation...

In 2018, the DNC said the rules require:

"The Democratic National Committee (DNC) adopted a new rule on Friday aimed at keeping outsider candidates like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) from trying to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/391459-dnc-panel-adopts-rule-requiring-candidates-to-run-serve-as-a-democrat
Please note the capital "I" following Bernie's name...

This will fly like the proverbial lead balloon...

LMMFAO!

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 03:57:30 AM »
“At the time a presidential candidate announces their candidacy publicly, they must publicly affirm that they are a Democrat,”

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how is this incredibly lenient rule going to stop Bernie from running?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »

Edit: Obnoxiously large picture
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:28:58 PM by Rushy »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 07:59:57 PM »

Edit: Obnoxiously large picture
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 11:19:39 PM by Rushy »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »
Jesus was about left leaning hippy as you get yet he is loved more by the religious right.  Go figure.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »
Jesus stopped being Jewish the moment he claimed to be the son of God. Judaism is a religion that, by its very nature, requires its followers to not believe they're God.

Jesus also was busy changing the world in his 30s while Bernie has managed to make it to his 70s having done nothing at all.

Jews are the reason Jesus was crucified. Modern Jews have rejected the messiah and are damned for eternity if they do not repent.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:37:13 PM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »
...while Bernie has managed to make it to his 70s having done nothing at all.

Imagine unirconically believing this...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »

Name a bill Bernie has authored and what kind of impact it has had on America.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 11:27:47 PM »

Name a bill Bernie has authored and what kind of impact it has had on America.

What on earth does that have to do with your previous claim? Unless that is really what you meant by it and just didn't say so. If so, that bit about Jesus in his 30s doesn't make much sense.

I'd be happy to go down this road with you. But you should probably first start by clarifying what you actually meant, and then substantiating that claim (or at least substantiate the claim you made, which I quoted). That would be far more productive than whatever you are trying to do here.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 11:59:42 PM »
Good God. Why is American politics full of geriatrics? Pelosi, Trump, Sanders. Why don't these fossils retire?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »
What on earth does that have to do with your previous claim? Unless that is really what you meant by it and just didn't say so. If so, that bit about Jesus in his 30s doesn't make much sense.

I'd be happy to go down this road with you. But you should probably first start by clarifying what you actually meant, and then substantiating that claim (or at least substantiate the claim you made, which I quoted). That would be far more productive than whatever you are trying to do here.

Why do I need to clarify? I claimed Bernie has done practically nothing at all during his entire career in politics, then asked for a bill he authored. I figured that was a pretty straight forward request.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 12:06:21 AM »
Isn't Bernie one of the Founding Fathers?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 12:41:00 AM »

Why do I need to clarify? I claimed Bernie has done practically nothing at all during his entire career in politics, then asked for a bill he authored. I figured that was a pretty straight forward request.

I guess this is Rushy clarifying he meant politics, since its the first time this thread he has used that word.  Or the word career for that matter.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 01:42:14 AM »
Why do I need to clarify?
Because you made a rather generalized and sweeping statement.

I claimed Bernie has done practically nothing at all during his entire career in politics
You literally did no such thing. I would suggest going back and reading what you wrote.

...then asked for a bill he authored.
Which I think is a valid topic of discussion. You should have said that instead of saying something else and then pretending like everyone should have automatically understood what you meant. What is more likely is that you just wanted a sick bern (lmao), and are now trying to add context to where there was none before.

I figured that was a pretty straight forward request.
Excellent... So how does that relate to you comparing him to Jesus in his 30s under the same context? Did Jesus author some great legislation prior to his death that Bernard just won't ever be able to compare to?

I guess this is Rushy clarifying he meant politics, since its the first time this thread he has used that word.  Or the word career for that matter.

^^