Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
The Titanic search in 1985 was a cover
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/us/titanic-discovery-classified-nuclear-sub/index.html

Makes you wonder how many other "scientific" endeavors have been cover stories.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: The Titanic search in 1985 was a cover
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »
What people don't generally know is that the ship used to discover the Titanic (R/V Knorr) was actually owned by the US Navy but operated by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (WHOI).  I worked on the Knorr myself (As well as the R/V Atlantis) for several years and was out of some scientific expeditions some of which were of a 'secret' nature involving the Navy.  Recently the Knorr was retired and was replaced by another ship.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:39:39 PM by RonJ »
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Max_Almond

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 06:04:50 AM »
National Geographic did a TV show about this 10 years ago.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/tv/bob-ballard-titanics-nuclear-secret/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:14:11 PM by Max_Almond »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:36:16 AM »
Makes you giggle when people say, oh that many people couldn't keep the fake moon landing or satellites a secret. They do everyday !
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Max_Almond

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 06:30:55 AM »
Yep. And some people say ants can't carry children - but millions of people do that every day too!

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
Makes you giggle when people say, oh that many people couldn't keep the fake moon landing or satellites a secret. They do everyday !

Evidence?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 12:23:25 AM »
The Titanic search didn't employ tens of thousands of people, hundreds of contractors or happen on live TV.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 04:25:05 AM »
The Titanic search didn't employ tens of thousands of people, hundreds of contractors or happen on live TV.

By that logic Toyota would be in on it if you committed a bank robbery with one of their cars, and HP would be an accomplice to your computer fraud.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 04:28:53 PM »
The whole "they couldn't possibly keep it a secret" argument is a red-herring, specifically an argument from incredulity fallacy.  What matters is the actual physical evidence for fakery, not ones inability to believe that anybody could keep it a secret.

Max_Almond

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 04:39:19 PM »
That's a good point, George, and for once we're in agreement: logical fallacy it is.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 05:34:26 PM »
Makes you wonder how many other "scientific" endeavors have been cover stories.

Maybe just some of the moon missions actually took place as claimed and they were just cover stories for an undisclosed endeavor of some kind.  Other missions were just fabrications of NASA and took place in a studio as is claimed on this site. Maybe there's an alien base on the moon that had some kind of emergency and needed our help.  Now all is fine and hence there's been no reason for any more moon missions.  That would indicate that NASA and the aliens are partners.  Maybe NASA has some aliens on the staff.  You can be sure that the aliens won't 'spill the beans' and probably none of the humans will either. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:26:58 PM by RonJ »
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Max_Almond

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 07:52:59 PM »
That could be true also. That would explain why the astronauts looked so sheepish in their interviews. First ever people to interact with alien life! Or maybe they weren't told about the true nature of their mission till they got there.

I do think all the Apollo missions were real, as well as SkyLab, etc - I really don't think they could have faked that until just a few years ago. But what you're saying about the alien base makes perfect sense.