Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: ISIS and the Middle East
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2014, 03:18:58 AM »
Aside from Gypsies, who are probably equally hated, no one else has been the target of a complete and total genocide. Every other group in history has always had some way out. They could either leave the area, convert to the predominant religion, submit to the political will of the dominant authority, etc. Jews and Gypsies were the exception. NO OPTION was made for them. They were going to die no matter what they did to please the Nazis.

Even if I were to concede that what you just said is true (it isn't), it wouldn't matter. You made it sound as though Jews were one of the most hated groups in the present. Only a few members of fringe groups believe that the holocaust was justified.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2014, 03:26:42 AM »
Actually, he killed about 1.5 million Gypsies.  And 6 million Jews. So, explain how 1.5 is more than 6. And I don't recall ever seeing a number on homosexuals.

However, homosexuals do not constitute an ethnic group. The Gypsies do, but have NEVER, at ANY point in history, had a state of their own. They originated in Northern India as a transient group, and have REMAINED transient throughout their history. They have NEVER asked for their own state. They don't want one. Again, get your facts straight.

We first off I said gays and gypsies. Second off, about 12 million died in the Holocaust, only about half of which were Jews. The rest were gays, gypsies, and political dissidents. Hitler didn't single out the Jews, he hated all sorts of people, there just happened to be a lot more Jews than the others.

Furthermore, I honestly don't care what they did or didn't want. It seems to me only one group in particular whined loud enough for the UN to hear them.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
One doesn't have to agree the Holocaust was justified to hate Jews! I don't want to murder Muslims, but I think I can fairly say that I despise them and everything they stand for. Although I did find myself oddly defending them yesterday at Synagogue. But that's another matter.

The fact remains that even today, Jews are held to a different standard than the rest of humanity, and so is the nation of Israel. You can argue this all you want. The facts are clear. Your attempt to disagree fails, as it always has, and always will. ANY other nation on  Earth, when faced with an enemy like Hamas, would be expected to respond as forcefully or moreso than Israel is, and if it did not, its own people would rise up in revolt against their government for failure to protect them.

The United States was attacked on 11 September '01. We proceeded to turn Afghanistan and Iraq both into parking lots, killing several hundred thousand Iraqis, an unknown number of Afghans, and however many Americans. No one said a fucking word. Israel kills 2000 "Palestinians" who are being used as human shields by their own fucking government while that government, which is illegitimate, a terrorist organisation, recognised as such by Israel, the USA, and the EU, continues to enjoy the sympathy of the world, no matter that they kill innocent Israelis, which have nothing to do with their fight. They are cowards.

But, hey, blame the Jews. Far easier to do that than blame the Arabs, the cowards who hide behind women and kids. And then get all teary eyed when those women and children die. Blame the Jew. Fuck you.

The Gypsies didn't WANT a state, asshole. again, get your fucking facts straight. And 11 million, not 12 million, died in the camps. And he deliberately targeted Jews and Gypsies. Everyone else was people who just happened to be in the way. Again, get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:41:07 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:41 AM »
I'm not sure you know this, but stating something false and then saying "get your facts straight" doesn't suddenly turn your information into truth.

In addition, most of the world doesn't hate Jews, they hate Zionists (you know, people who want to murder everyone who isn't a Jew, like you). The Middle East would not be in the shit state is in today if not for Israel and its Zionist shenanigans. Zionists should all be rounded up by force and sent to the moon. If any of them fight back, shoot them. (sound familiar?)

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2014, 03:46:59 AM »
Of course, what you are saying is stupid, since even the UN, which rarely has any fucking brains, and said in '75 that Zionism was racism, actually was smart enough to retract that statement in the early 90's, one of the few times that the UN has served any valid purpose at all in the last 40 years. Again, get your facts straight.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52:02 AM »
Of course, what you are saying is stupid, since even the UN, which rarely has any fucking brains, and said in '75 that Zionism was racism, actually was smart enough to retract that statement in the early 90's, one of the few times that the UN has served any valid purpose at all in the last 40 years. Again, get your facts straight.

This is the same UN that made the original mistake of giving you people land in the first place. I don't honestly care what they think about Zionism. Israel historically doesn't like the UN, anyway. Independent inspectors from the UN said Iran is not a threat to peace, then Israel proceeded to whine about it (violently). I honestly, truly think if Israel never existed, the world would be at least 25% a better place.

Ironic, though, that Hitler thought Jews were ruining the world, but his actions created Zionists that really are ruining it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:54:39 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2014, 03:56:00 AM »
One doesn't have to agree the Holocaust was justified to hate Jews! I don't want to murder Muslims, but I think I can fairly say that I despise them and everything they stand for. Although I did find myself oddly defending them yesterday at Synagogue. But that's another matter.

Okay. When I asked for evidence that Jews were hated, you brought up the Holocaust. That's why I addressed the Holocaust.

The fact remains that even today, Jews are held to a different standard than the rest of humanity, and so is the nation of Israel. You can argue this all you want. The facts are clear. Your attempt to disagree fails, as it always has, and always will. ANY other nation on  Earth, when faced with an enemy like Hamas, would be expected to respond as forcefully or moreso than Israel is, and if it did not, its own people would rise up in revolt against their government for failure to protect them.

This is entirely speculative, so I wouldn't say that "the facts are clear". I think that if any nation were doing what Israel is doing, the reaction would be the same.

The United States was attacked on 11 September '01. We proceeded to turn Afghanistan and Iraq both into parking lots, killing several hundred thousand Iraqis, an unknown number of Afghans, and however many Americans. No one said a fucking word.

Maybe you should take a break from that dissertation every once and a while and read the news or speak to another human being.

Israel kills 2000 "Palestinians" who are being used as human shields by their own fucking government while that government, which is illegitimate, a terrorist organisation, recognised as such by Israel, the USA, and the EU, continues to enjoy the sympathy of the world, no matter that they kill innocent Israelis, which have nothing to do with their fight. They are cowards.

But, hey, blame the Jews. Far easier to do that than blame the Arabs, the cowards who hide behind women and kids. And then get all teary eyed when those women and children die. Blame the Jew. Fuck you.

Who are you even talking to? These are the irrelevant ramblings of an insane person.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:36 AM »
The UN didn't give Israel shite. Israel took the land, and then fought a war against Arab filth to keep it. Then the UN graciously recognised the facts on the fucking ground. The UN has never served a purpose, not since it was created, except MAYBE to initiate the Korean War.

And anyone who considers Iran with fucking nuclear capability is not a threat to peace should be arrested for the offence of Felony Stupid. And blaming Israel for being a threat to peace is just retarded. When has Israel ever started a war except the Six Day War, and even then, that was in response to the building up of armies at its borders of several Arab armies? Grow up.

I am truly beginning to think you two are as stupid as you are look.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2014, 04:55:15 AM »
It seems to me that the current state of the Middle East can probably be tied to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after WWI in the same way that feudal Europe was a result of the collapse of Rome. Without a strong, centralized government one can expect the formation of small, localized governments ruled by whoever has the biggest biceps. And in such a society, one can expect the guy with the big biceps to use radical religion as an excuse to keep down the peasants.
I think that it's also safe to say that much of the problem comes from the fact that a lot of borders were redrawn and pro-western leaders installed with no regard to ethnic, religious or tribal concerns. 
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
When has Israel ever started a war except the Six Day War, and even then, that was in response to the building up of armies at its borders of several Arab armies? Grow up.

A few times actually. Refer to the list of wars involving Israel "historian".

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
3 times. All of which are understandable. The Six Day War started when Arabs intended to attack Israel. The Suez War was fought alongside other nations when Egypt attempted to nationalise the Suez Canal. And the Lebanon War was fair, since it followed the assassination of an Israeli Ambassador. You aren't too bright, are you?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »
Out of pure curiosity, whatever happened to Excelsior John?

« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2014, 12:40:28 PM »
I'm part gypsy, I want a state!

Rama Set

« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
3 times. All of which are understandable. The Six Day War started when Arabs intended to attack Israel. The Suez War was fought alongside other nations when Egypt attempted to nationalise the Suez Canal. And the Lebanon War was fair, since it followed the assassination of an Israeli Ambassador. You aren't too bright, are you?

You say Israel only started one war, and one post later with minimal prodding you admit it is 3, and then in a petulant display, insult me because you were wrong.  Ka-ching!

Thork

« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
I'm part gypsy, I want a state!
You already have Romania. >:(

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
That's a really clean polandball.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »
But Polandball wasn't there.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
    • View Profile
    • The Hibernian Zetetic
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

You say Israel only started one war, and one post later with minimal prodding you admit it is 3, and then in a petulant display, insult me because you were wrong.  Ka-ching!

To be fair to Yaakov, who is nuts, you moved the goalposts and he responded accordingly. Your first post used the 'started', the second used 'involving'. Those two verbs are obviously going to produce different answers (though I still think he's wrong because Israel has definitely instigated conflicts other than the 6-Day war, e.g. Suez crisis etc).

You made it sound as though Jews were one of the most hated groups in the present. Only a few members of fringe groups believe that the holocaust was justified.

Much as it would be nice to pretend that the past is the past, enough people don't to justify his claim:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
The hatred against Jews in Europe is more from Arabs living in Europe than actual Europeans, from I have seen. Sure, they were born there but their parents were from the Middle East and that's not quite good enough. I don't want it to be painted like actual Europeans are going all Nazi when it's actually these Arabs.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.