Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11040 on: December 30, 2023, 07:08:05 PM »
Not going anywhere?  The trial dates are already set.  That's somewhere, isn't it?
If they are going anywhere, then why is the jackass top-notch prosecutor making a jackassed argument in an arena out-of-turn?
One more time.  The question of presidential immunity is Trump's argument, not Smith's.  Smith just wanted to get the question answered as soon as possible.  Trump would rather drag the process out as long as possible.

If Trump's claim of absolute presidential immunity was valid, he should push the Supreme Court to rule quickly. If they found in his favor all the charges in all the cases would go away. But everyone knows it's a bullshit claim.

Even Trump's own people are shitting all over it.
https://www.thewellnews.com/law/trumps-republican-critics-ask-court-to-reject-his-absolute-immunity/

Now of course, absolute presidential immunity is a thing IN RUSSIA.
If it was a thing in America, Biden could just have Trump 'fall out a window.'

So far, the only thing that has failed is the prosecution. TIme, and time again.
It has not failed. In fact, more charges are coming. The stupid shit he pulled in Georgia, he also pulled in Michigan and Nevada. We got more audio tape.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: December 30, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »
Not going anywhere?  The trial dates are already set.  That's somewhere, isn't it?
If they are going anywhere, then why is the jackass top-notch prosecutor making a jackassed argument in an arena out-of-turn?
One more time.  The question of presidential immunity is Trump's argument, not Smith's.  Smith just wanted to get the question answered as soon as possible.  Trump would rather drag the process out as long as possible.
Top-notch prosecutor is actually desperate, more like it. Showtime.

The only reason that they might look like they "are not going anywhere" is because of various appeals that are destined to fail (a.k.a., delay, delay, delay).
So far, the only thing that has failed is the prosecution. Time, and time again.
Have any of the charges against Trump been dismissed yet?
They will be. In time. You guys got him this time, though. Two more weeks.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: December 30, 2023, 07:16:11 PM »
If Trump's claim of absolute presidential immunity was valid, he should push the Supreme Court to rule quickly. If they found in his favor all the charges in all the cases would go away. But everyone knows it's a bullshit claim.
The SCOTUS already stated, thanks to the jackass, the writ was denied before judgment, so even they, being part of the everyone, do not know.

Even Trump's own people are shitting all over it.
https://www.thewellnews.com/law/trumps-republican-critics-ask-court-to-reject-his-absolute-immunity/

Now of course, absolute presidential immunity is a thing IN RUSSIA.
If it was a thing in America, Biden could just have Trump 'fall out a window.'
LOL! Fabergé egg...
So far, the only thing that has failed is the prosecution. TIme, and time again.
It has not failed. In fact, more charges are coming. The stupid shit he pulled in Georgia, he also pulled in Michigan and Nevada. We got more audio tape.
LOL! Fabergé egg...

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: December 30, 2023, 07:50:54 PM »
The SCOTUS already stated, thanks to the jackass, the writ was denied before judgment, so even they, being part of the everyone, do not know.

No, they only denied the move to expedite hearing the issue of presidential immunity which Trump should have wanted. The matter of immunity is not decided.

BTW. Trump has collected the most incompetent group of lawyers the world has ever seen. They fucked up paperwork, missed deadlines and fumble the most basic filings. It's pretty funny to hear Maganoids talk trash about Jack Smith.

LOL! Fabergé egg...
LOL! Fabergé egg...
I don't know what this stupidity is supposed to mean, but given that the Putin regime openly and publicly supports Trump, I think he's the Faberge egg. Bright Orange enamel encrusted with rosacea emeralds on gold leaf then when you open it, the Russian flag pops up and a music box mechanism plays "Gimn Sovetskogo Soyuza".

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: December 30, 2023, 08:01:16 PM »

No, they only denied the move to expedite hearing the issue of presidential immunity which Trump should have wanted. The matter of immunity is not decided.

BTW. Trump has collected the most incompetent group of lawyers the world has ever seen. They fucked up paperwork, missed deadlines and fumble the most basic filings. It's pretty funny to hear Maganoids talk trash about Jack Smith.
Thank you for verifying the top-notch jackass was bitch slapped out of court.

LOL! Fabergé egg...
LOL! Fabergé egg...
I don't know what this stupidity is supposed to mean, but given that the Putin regime openly and publicly supports Trump, I think he's the Faberge egg. Bright Orange enamel encrusted with rosacea emeralds on gold leaf then when you open it, the Russian flag pops up and a music box mechanism plays "Gimn Sovetskogo Soyuza".
Yeah, you don't know what it means...

RUSSIA, RUSsia, Russia...

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: December 30, 2023, 08:33:31 PM »
Top-notch prosecutor is actually desperate, more like it. Showtime.
Desperate to get the trials moving along before election day?  Perhaps.  After all, Trump keeps whining about how the trials are nothing but election interference.  More like Trump using the election to interfere with the trials.

Have any of the charges against Trump been dismissed yet?
They will be. In time. You guys got him this time, though. Two more weeks.
Here is Trump's tentative trial schedule.  What's going on in two weeks that will make any of the charges be dismissed?
https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/trumps-legal-and-political-calendar-all-the-dates-you-need-to-know/

Thank you for verifying the top-notch jackass was bitch slapped out of court.
If Jack Smith has been "bitch slapped", then what would you call what happened to many of Trump's lawyers?
https://www.justsecurity.org/90509/trumps-lawyers-face-sanctions-discipline-and-indictment-how-should-the-legal-profession-respond/
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: December 30, 2023, 08:40:24 PM »
Maybe you guys should just patiently wait a few months to when Trump is in jail instead of continuously doubling down that he is in for it this time.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: December 30, 2023, 10:02:43 PM »
Maybe you guys should just patiently wait a few months to when Trump is in jail instead of continuously doubling down that he is in for it this time.
Oh understand, I am still sickened by the feeling that Trump, like Nixon, will get away completely free while everyone that supported him will go to jail.

I would like to see Trump brought to justice but right now the main priority is protecting our democracy from his violent, demented followers supporting Putin's pick for U.S. president.

Trump's supporters are evenly divided between the idiots who believe Trump's BS and those that actively want an autocrat to rule the U.S. so they can share in the power.

Anyone that doesn't believe that Russia is involved in the politics of other governments where it suits their interests is an absolute idiot. They've been involved in Venezuela, Brexit, U.S. elections and now the Czech Republic.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: December 30, 2023, 10:11:27 PM »
If he gets a jail sentence, it won't be for at least a year if not more.  Sadly, he's using every delay tactic imaginable.  Like right now, he moved to dismiss the case on the grounds that he has absolute immunity.  (which means Joe Biden has absolute immunity for anything he does like election fraud and we don't want that.)
Since he's appealing the decision (in which he was slapped down) and didn't want SCOTUS to rule on it quickly (so its determined) it'll be months just to get THAT through if it even goes through this term.  SCOTUS may just delay until next term in 2025.  Which means Trump will probably never see the court case go through or be dismissed.  Especially if he wins the election.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: December 30, 2023, 10:56:38 PM »
Well maybe at least wait until he is sentenced to jail before declaring that you guys are right about this. It could be that you guys are wrong, so it is best to keep to yourselves until the time comes.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: December 30, 2023, 11:12:09 PM »
Well maybe at least wait until he is sentenced to jail before declaring that you guys are right about this. It could be that you guys are wrong, so it is best to keep to yourselves until the time comes.
Trump already lost several civil trials.  What makes you think that he will do any better in the criminal trials?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: December 30, 2023, 11:53:23 PM »
Well, he was already declared wrong in this.  Plus, he's been railing against Biden for YEARS for rigging the election.  Yet, if his argument is true, Joe Biden is well within his right as president to rig the election.  He has absolute immunity, after all. 

But again, we'd LOVE for SCOTUS to decide this.  Yet Trump doesn't seem to.  So it's a waiting game and like i said, it'll probably be 2025 before SCOTUS takes it up.  Which means the actual trial will be paused for probably 2 years.  I'm sure Trump will be happy about that. (One trial anyway.  Not the other dozen or so.)
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: December 31, 2023, 12:27:15 AM »
As much as Trump would love to run out the clock and get himself reelected so that he can pardon himself (at least from the federal charges), he has another problem.  There is still the question of whether or not section 3 of the 14th amendment applies.  My guess is that will likely be the first, and potentially more important, Trump related case to reach SCOTUS.

Of course team Trump is crying that states shouldn't be deciding constitutional matters, but it is the states that actually run their elections.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 12:30:21 AM by markjo »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: December 31, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »
As much as Trump would love to run out the clock and get himself reelected so that he can pardon himself (at least from the federal charges), he has another problem.  There is still the question of whether or not section 3 of the 14th amendment applies.  My guess is that will likely be the first, and potentially more important, Trump related case to reach SCOTUS.

Of course team Trump is crying that states shouldn't be deciding constitutional matters, but it is the states that actually run their elections.

States rights!

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: December 31, 2023, 02:03:19 PM »

States rights!

It's been part of the new Republican agenda to weaken states and concentrate power in the executive branch, similar to other great nations like North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

Anybody remember this? 2017, Ed Sheeran was at the top of the charts, Resident Evil 7 came out and the Republicans tried to federalized voter data. No more worries about recounts or ballot corruption, the black fed truck picks up all the paperwork, drives away and the next morning they tell us who the new dictator is.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-commission-requested-voter-data-heres-every-state-saying

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #11055 on: December 31, 2023, 02:45:09 PM »

I just can't see SCOTUS ruling against Trump on that. They can just lean on the language and be done with it.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: December 31, 2023, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm not saying this is likely to happen (because, lol, it's not), but a hypothetical future in which each state has different sets of candidates on the ballot would be fascinating. Since America has already volunteered to be the world's Petri dish for flawed-democracy experiments, perhaps y'all should just double down on it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: December 31, 2023, 06:44:47 PM »
I'm not saying this is likely to happen (because, lol, it's not), but a hypothetical future in which each state has different sets of candidates on the ballot would be fascinating.
Actually, that kinda, sorta already happens during the primaries as each state has its own rules for getting on the ballot.  The party conventions are then held to sort out the party's candidate.  Even then, there are third parties and write-ins that will vary by state in the November ballot.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: December 31, 2023, 07:31:36 PM »

I just can't see SCOTUS ruling against Trump on that. They can just lean on the language and be done with it.

If they rule it'll be like "you have to be found guilty on a federal level" then it applies to all states at once.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: December 31, 2023, 08:13:00 PM »
Actually, that kinda, sorta already happens during the primaries as each state has its own rules for getting on the ballot.  The party conventions are then held to sort out the party's candidate.  Even then, there are third parties and write-ins that will vary by state in the November ballot.
I mean, suuuure, but you get what I mean. Imagine a scenario in which your victory is almost dictated by how many ballots you can get your name on. It would be exhilirating to watch!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume