Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
A white point.

omG, flat earthers not to be taken serious ..... sad

"Where the senses fail us, reason must step in" .... < so then what do you do when your reason is all screwed up ?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:02:55 AM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
A white point.

BTW Boots ....... this "white point" you speak of,
what is it .... ?
where does it come from ..... ?
where does it go ..... ?
what propels it from the SW to the NE in about 90 seconds ..... ?
why does it adhere to the online ISS tracker exactly in place and on time ..... ??
if your claim is true that the Earth is flat, then why does it re-occur its travel from the same direction every 90 minutes ..... ????
does it stop and turn around, go the opposite direction and then stop and come back again ..... ????

..................... a w a i t i n g - y o u r - a n s w e r s

Boots ...... your "white point" statement was no explanation at all

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:35:16 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
A white point.

BTW Boots ....... this "white point" you speak of,
what is it .... ?
where does it come from ..... ?
where does it go ..... ?
what propels it from the SW to the NE in about 90 seconds ..... ?
why does it adhere to the online ISS tracker exactly in place and on time ..... ??
if your claim is true that the Earth is flat, then why does it re-occur its travel from the same direction every 90 minutes ..... ????
does it stop and turn around, go the opposite direction and then stop and come back again ..... ????

..................... a w a i t i n g - y o u r - a n s w e r s

Boots ...... your "white point" statement was no explanation at all

It's a white point that moves in a predictable pattern. There are other white points that move in predictable patterns but they are not the ISS.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
It's a white point that moves in a predictable pattern. There are other white points that move in predictable patterns but they are not the ISS.

...... If not the ISS, then what are they Boots ?? ........... STILL waiting for a credible answer
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:30:03 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
You tell me. Maybe there are millions of space stations.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
Maybe there are millions of space stations.

Flat earth < what a joke .... sad, very sad ....... no more wasted time here for me .. MUCH better things to do
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:45:44 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
A white point.

ie a satellite moving across the sky.

The thing is that you can get a telescope and see it for yourself.  You just choose not to....

This Flat Earth Theory is Very Amusing. But, IF the earth was flat,you could sail over the edge like Columbus believed and, IF flat, don't you think the (atheist) Soviet Union Cosmonauts would have told the world?  What about those on the space station and Why would any Government spend billions on a bogus space program? Where would planes end up if they just flew a straight line  in one direction and never changed course?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
This Flat Earth Theory is Very Amusing. But, IF the earth was flat,you could sail over the edge like Columbus believed and, IF flat, don't you think the (atheist) Soviet Union Cosmonauts would have told the world?  What about those on the space station and Why would any Government spend billions on a bogus space program? Where would planes end up if they just flew a straight line  in one direction and never changed course?

No need to make the same post twice in different threads, especially if it doesn't add anything to the topic.

Just to clarify if you watch ISS flyover in a telescope you see this:

This is what I saw as well. Anyone else could see this too. Does it look like a what? A projection on the dome surface?
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

I would qualify the third video as proof of the ISS's existence AND the round nature of the planet.

Flat earthers would say that it is a hologram or projected image of ISS made by NASA :)
How much shitty garbage nonsense they can give you instead of a simple and straightforward explanation.

When I observe the Universe through my telescope I feel that amazing feeling of exploring distant worlds. It's mind blowing that the light coming through your eyepiece was emitted thousands of years ago. The star is even not there anymore. And what about galaxies? It's even more amazing.
You are so closed minded. You will sit here on earth, look up in the sky and think about firmament and light glued to it. You cannot even explain events like Venus transition over the Sun surface, Eclipses (no matter Solar, Lunar or even eclipses of Jupiter moons), nothing. So pathetic. I pity you.
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Flat earthers would say that it is a hologram or projected image of ISS made by NASA :)

The trouble is, holograms don't work like they do in StarWars.

Light travels in straight lines.   In order to be able to see what comes out of a holographic projector (or a holographic surface) - you have to be looking towards that source.

So there is no way to project a hologram up into the sky.    The only thing you could do would be to launch a holographic projector up into the sky - and have people look towards it to see the faked ISS.

But if you're going to all that trouble - why wouldn't you just launch a fake ISS?

The reason is that people around the world would all be able to see it at once (like the sun or moon) - and it would be in different places in the sky for different people - which would look visibly wrong UNLESS the projector was at least as high as the ISS is claimed to be by the RET folks.

So, I'm sorry - but "Holographic projectors" arn't the magical things you FE'ers seem to think they are....theories that the moon "is just a hologram" fail that test also.

Really, a VERY small amount of scientific knowledge is all that's needed to debunk these stupid claims.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

I understand this and absolutely agree. Let's see what crap will flat earthers bring into this thread if they even dare to do so. What will they call ISS image? A hologram, a Pokemon?
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Isiah

This is what an ISS flyover looks like

So I should take it on your authority that this is actually a space station?

This is what an ISS flyover looks like

No need to! Put in your city here grab your telescope and go watch it yourself! As seen in a few other videos in this thread, a telescope affords a pretty good view of it! Alternatively offer a plausible and verifiable explanation of what it is, and how it can be tracked and seen with such ease.

geckothegeek

How much shitty garbage nonsense they can give you instead of a simple and straightforward explanation.

When I observe the Universe through my telescope I feel that amazing feeling of exploring distant worlds. It's mind blowing that the light coming through your eyepiece was emitted thousands of years ago. The star is even not there anymore. And what about galaxies? It's even more amazing.
You are so closed minded. You will sit here on earth, look up in the sky and think about firmament and light glued to it. You cannot even explain events like Venus transition over the Sun surface, Eclipses (no matter Solar, Lunar or even eclipses of Jupiter moons), nothing. So pathetic. I pity you.

Another eye-opening experience  (If you will pardon the pun ! LOL) is a visit to a local astronomical observatory.
Especially one on a low-light-pollution area such as Mc Donald Observatory in Texas.
Flat Earthers could learn a lot, especially on a night Star Party, but they probably are not interested.
Too far from their windows.
Also they would probably say all those stars , planets, nebulae, etc. are just a hologram projected on the dome by NASA.
At Mc Donald, they had some telescopes aimed at Saturn, a  Nebula and some other objects.
Flat Earthers would probably say those telescopes just had pictures on them, painted by NASA.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:27:30 AM by geckothegeek »

You can go to one of the monthly star parties (always at new moon). Astronomers are really friendly. They will show you ISS and maybe even HST. Then when you this in the eyepiece:

How can you explain it??? What is it?
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

We don't understand which video is true and which is not. Because hoaxing tecnology is developed much. But we can understand whet that mean all rocket launchings not going vertically more than 2 minutes and a half. Its overlaps with normal rocket speed up to 110 kms. Not more.

Yes, hoax videos are getting more sophisticated. But we do (or can) understand which video is true and which is not. Or at least, we have a brain and tools to weed out a significant proportion of fakes. At least for now and the foreseeable future.

That video you gave as a convincing example, is utterly unconvincing. First of all, it's from FXGuru mobile app, available on iOS and Android. Youtube is littered with the same effect. Also, there are so many problems with the video on it's own merits, where to begin? Just like people do with the Apollo moon landing videos, only finding actual problems. (Like - what happened to the destruction in the room? Why is the angle different? Why is there debris floating in the air? Why was the bed not crushed? Why did a satellite fall almost straight down, rather than strafe the neighborhood? Etc. Etc.)

This guy does a great job of debunking significantly better fakes. Watch and learn: