Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
StarLink and data from space
« on: February 27, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »
A few questions about space flight or lack thereof.  I am only looking for opinions as we can't agree on what the facts are.   Yes, question 1 has been asked but I wonder if we can discuss this without insults or Satan coming into play.

1. The StarLink satellites are visible to the naked eye.  What are they?  The number is going up by 60 every 2 weeks or so.

2. If SpaceX does what they are trying or claiming to try to do, and broadband internet is available anywhere on earth between the Arctic and Antarctic Circles how could we explain that without allowing for satellites in orbit?

3.  If NASA and all space agencies are fake where is all the data coming from?  Just in the last week or so a Mars lander allegedly logged hundreds of Marsquakes and a prob discovered that there is way more water in Jupiter's makeup than was thought.  In your opinion, is there an army of people faking huge amounts of data?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 05:05:04 PM by TomInAustin »
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: StarLink and data from space
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 05:47:39 PM »
With regard to point 3, one of my ex-colleagues had a rather drastic career change, went and got all kinds of qualifications and is now working for NASA looking at data about “Marsquakes”.

I’d be interested to know the FE take. Is she “in on it”? Or is she being fed fake data from elsewhere - earth, I guess? I wonder why they would employ her to analyse fake data they’re feeling her.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:12:06 PM »
With regard to point 3, one of my ex-colleagues had a rather drastic career change, went and got all kinds of qualifications and is now working for NASA looking at data about “Marsquakes”.

I’d be interested to know the FE take. Is she “in on it”? Or is she being fed fake data from elsewhere - earth, I guess? I wonder why they would employ her to analyse fake data they’re feeling her.

That would be odd to employ people to do fake work on fake data.   

I am still very curious about how it will be explained if we get worldwide broadband.  Kinda blows the flat earth radio tower arguments.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »
Especially, if you can watch FoxNews (real time) in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Inigo Montoya

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
I’d be interested to know the FE take [on the existence of marsquake data and people who analyse it]
Is there a particular reason for you to think these would conflict with FET? It sounds like you're implying it, but I'm not seeing it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 07:43:46 PM »

That would be odd to employ people to do fake work on fake data.   

I am still very curious about how it will be explained if we get worldwide broadband.  Kinda blows the flat earth radio tower arguments.

One more thought on this.  Satellite internet is not new but it's very expensive.   I have a brother in law that was looking at putting some charter boats in the BVIs and one bone of contention was that internet service offshore is crazy high.  This was before the hurricane wiped out the eastern Caribbean islands.   At the time the top tier service was around 50k a month and that was for pitiful bandwidth.   Looking today I see a plan where you can get 1 gig of data for $1000.00 a month and $.56 per meg after that. 

Now let's look at what we know about Starlink.  Gigabit or better for 80ish bucks a month.  In the middle of the ocean or the Sahara desert. 

Service is supposed to open this year in North America and then the world.  Unless there is some hideous downside like the satellite TV wind and rain problems, I would switch off of cable TV company services in a heartbeat.   I pay a little over $100 a month with my current gigabit service.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »
I’d be interested to know the FE take [on the existence of marsquake data and people who analyse it]
Is there a particular reason for you to think these would conflict with FET? It sounds like you're implying it, but I'm not seeing it.

It's really more about spaceflight being fake, not an FE exclusive but a pretty common theme around here.     No spaceflight=no marsquake data and definitely no broadband satellite internet.

I have never seen you say that it is fake for the record.   But the WIKI is quiet clear that NASA is fake.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
FET is quite tightly coupled (in most models) with NASA's missions being faked.
If my ex-colleague is analysing data which is supposedly coming from a device which is on the surface of Mars then that implies someone put it there.
Which implies they can launch rockets into space. The general FE theory is that they can't do that, otherwise they'd obviously know the earth was flat.
And in the FE model aren't the planets small and close? If NASA landed a craft on one they would surely know that too.
I'm a bit confused about your take on space travel as you don't often make them clear.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 09:35:16 AM »
... the WIKI is quiet clear that NASA is fake.

... so then the discussion moves to;

"How many independent corroborations or verifications of NASA missions can be found?", and/or
"How many non-NASA missions have there been since the dawn of spaceflight?"

EDIT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_space_missions
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:18:28 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »
Another Wikipedia page. I know of most of these, but don’t have any friends who work in any of these or have had any direct contact except for Lockheed Martin, and even then, i don’t work around the space program guys in Fort Worth. Regardless, that’s a lot of people and a LOT of capital spent on fake programs. Some of these are space exclusive small private companies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies