Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #620 on: December 28, 2021, 09:51:32 PM »
I think Honk is mostly right as well. It’s bad phrasing making it seem worse than it is and giving the entire right a free pass at crucifying him.

But it’s also his own doing, and not just a poor choice of once in one isolated instance. Yes it’s difficult to implement federal policies in the US when each state has so much independence to just railroad anything that comes along they don’t like. But Biden is supposed to be a leader - regardless of what he’s up against, he should be actively charting a path forward and championing that path. This reeks of a cop-out where he’s going to try to pin the blame on the red states when things spiral out of control next. As much blame as individual governors may have in this, it’s still not an excuse for Joe ‘the buck stops here’ Biden to just hedge his bets instead of taking action.

Agreed.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 28, 2021, 10:13:03 PM »

Alas, stupid voters are why [insert name of any democratic nation] is in decline.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2021, 03:35:36 AM »
CNN correctly interprets Biden's remarks to admit that there is no federal solution to Covid.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 03:41:39 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 29, 2021, 04:39:42 AM »
Yes, it's a shame when mainstream outlets allow misleading right-wing narratives and talking points to be taken for granted. The media are so obsessed with the ideal of centrism that they simply can't bring themselves to accept that one side of the political aisle is operating entirely in bad faith and that their lies should not be seen as valid alternatives to the truth.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2021, 05:45:07 AM »
Or, possibly,  Biden simply said what he meant and it wasn't some kind of thing he said one thing and meant the opposite.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2021, 06:08:46 AM »
Nobody is saying that he meant the opposite of what he said, just that what he said was taken out of context to seem more defeatist than it was. Which is true.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »

Alas, stupid voters are why [insert name of any democratic nation] is in decline.
To very differing extents. Surely you're not going to act as if the US was your average democracy?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 29, 2021, 06:19:34 PM »

To very differing extents. Surely you're not going to act as if the US was your average democracy?
Absolutely not. It’s probably more true in other countries, for very different reasons. Countries with more than two parties and a first past the post system will have larger majorities of the population who didn’t vote for those in power.

Just pointing out that most people who voted for the non-ruling party think that ‘stupid’ voters are the reason the right person isn’t in charge

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2021, 09:04:34 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2021, 09:15:18 PM »
This is relevant, why? How much stock did you put in Bush condemning Trump?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2021, 10:07:11 PM »
Even Hillary Clinton thinks Biden is running a poor White House:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/must-hillary-slams-biden-dont-white-house-can-count-sane-sober-stable-productive/

Good job cherry-picking a quote completely out of context. You realize that she is talking about winning the midterms and winning the 2024 presidential election. And in particular, how the "progressive" democrats (The Squad) are screwing up the potential to retain congress & the 2024 presidency for Dems by being too progressive for the American people - Encouraging debate, but also saying in the same breath that they need to dial it back.

So no, it wasn't a "slam" against Biden, it was a slam against the probability that the Dems will lose Congress and the 2024 presidency and we'll end up with a nothing done congress and a not sane and sober White House.

26:46

To hold the house and the senate in 2022 and to win the electoral college because also republicans are doing everything they can to create an environment in which winning the electoral college even narrowly the way joe biden did will be out of reach for a democrat so I understand why people want to argue for their priorities that's what they believe they were elected to do but at the end of the day nothing is going to get done if you don't have a democratic majority in the house in the senate and our majority comes from .people who win.

So look I'm all about um having vigorous debate i think it's it's good and it gives people a chance to be part of the process but at the end of the day it means nothing if we don't have a congress that will get things done and we don't have a white house that we can count on to be sane and sober and stable and productive so this is going to be a very intense period not just for the democratic party but for the country.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2021, 10:21:54 PM »
Quote from: Hillary
"To hold the house and the senate in 2022 and to win the electoral college because also republicans are doing everything they can to create an environment in which winning the electoral college even narrowly the way joe biden did will be out of reach for a democrat so I understand why people want to argue for their priorities that's what they believe they were elected to do but at the end of the day nothing is going to get done if you don't have a democratic majority in the house in the senate and our majority comes from .people who win.

So look I'm all about um having vigorous debate i think it's it's good and it gives people a chance to be part of the process but at the end of the day it means nothing if we don't have a congress that will get things done and we don't have a white house that we can count on to be sane and sober and stable and productive so this is going to be a very intense period not just for the democratic party but for the country."

Where do you see the Whitehouse after losing 2024 mentioned in that quote? You are clearly wrong.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2021, 10:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Hillary
"To hold the house and the senate in 2022 and to win the electoral college because also republicans are doing everything they can to create an environment in which winning the electoral college even narrowly the way joe biden did will be out of reach for a democrat so I understand why people want to argue for their priorities that's what they believe they were elected to do but at the end of the day nothing is going to get done if you don't have a democratic majority in the house in the senate and our majority comes from .people who win.

So look I'm all about um having vigorous debate i think it's it's good and it gives people a chance to be part of the process but at the end of the day it means nothing if we don't have a congress that will get things done and we don't have a white house that we can count on to be sane and sober and stable and productive so this is going to be a very intense period not just for the democratic party but for the country."

Where do you see the Whitehouse after losing 2024 mentioned in that quote? You are clearly wrong.

"To hold the house and the senate in 2022 and to win the electoral college..." Call me crazy, but a mention of the electoral college is usually in some reference to presidential elections.

You should actually watch the interview or read the transcript. All over the place she is lauding Biden and his efforts. You are clearly wrong because you're hanging on a sentence out of context and out of an hour long interview. Literally a 3 second sentence, not in context, out of 60 minutes. Incredibly disingenuous.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 31, 2021, 12:39:12 AM »
Yep, she's clearly talking about losing the White House in 2024. Actually reading through the quote makes that startlingly clear.

Tom is just being a dishonest, disingenuous troll here and I for one am shocked; it's so out of character!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2021, 01:15:12 AM »
Lol Tom giving an own goal

She talked about drunk, insane and unstable White House in reference to a repug occupation of it lol

Also when Bush slammed Trump it actually was an attack on Trump. The man and the president style. How much stock did Tom take on those criticisms?

Tom embarrasses himself with every post

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2021, 01:39:53 AM »
I'm confused why anyone is still listening to Hillary in end stage 2021, frankly. Especially Tom, but I'm not limiting this to any single person. Can we just move on from listening to the things she says as if her opinion matters?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 14, 2022, 11:09:45 PM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/14/politics/biden-approval-rating-polling-memo/index.html

Putting out a statement to make sure it's understood that a poll showing deep unpopularity for the president is not accurate seems so... Trumpy. She seems to have come just short of referring to the poll as fake news.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 14, 2022, 11:48:46 PM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/14/politics/biden-approval-rating-polling-memo/index.html

Putting out a statement to make sure it's understood that a poll showing deep unpopularity for the president is not accurate seems so... Trumpy. She seems to have come just short of referring to the poll as fake news.

Ugh...
Why Biden why?
Is it because they put you lower than Trump at the same time?

Look, about 50% is gonna hate Biden.  Nothing he does is going to change that.  And honestly, he hasn'f done much.  He's a very low key president.  At least from what I've seen. 
Honestly, republicans seem to paint him as more active than he is.  So to me its hard to know if he's doing a good job or not. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #638 on: January 14, 2022, 11:53:16 PM »

Ugh...
Why Biden why?
Is it because they put you lower than Trump at the same time?

Look, about 50% is gonna hate Biden.  Nothing he does is going to change that.  And honestly, he hasn'f done much.  He's a very low key president.  At least from what I've seen. 
Honestly, republicans seem to paint him as more active than he is.  So to me its hard to know if he's doing a good job or not.

He is averaging more EOs/year than Trump. Don’t let the quagmire of the Senate fool you.

« Reply #639 on: January 15, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »
Even Hillary Clinton thinks Biden is running a poor White House:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/must-hillary-slams-biden-dont-white-house-can-count-sane-sober-stable-productive/

LOL... no, Clinton never mentioned Biden specifically.  The "Slams Biden" part of The Gateway Pundit's
headline was never in the original FOX news report;  it was added maliciously by the ultra-right wing
Trump-supporting TGP.

Clinton said "Look, I’m all about having vigorous debate. I think it’s good, and it gives people a chance to
be part of the process,” she added. “But, at the end of the day it means nothing IF we don’t have
a Congress that will get things done, and we don’t have a White House that we can count on to be sane
and sober and stable and productive".

And TGP is most definitely not a reliable source.  You've been fooled Tom.    Sorry.

The Gateway Pundit (TGP) is an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing
falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.   Twitter permanently suspended its account on 6 February 2021,
for repeatedly publishing misinformation about the 2020 US presidential election. In September 2021, Google
demonetised the site for publishing misinformation.

It's been described by the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology as one of the websites that "primarily propagate
fake news", by Newsweek as a fake news website, and by CNN as a website "prone to peddling conspiracy theories"