Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2021, 01:33:17 PM »
The US attitude towards Israel has always been ridiculous. We prop ourselves up as champions of human rights and supposedly condemn any nation that doesn't respect human rights, at the same time that we support a country capable of and responsible for atrocities as reprehensible as any other terrorist organizations in the region. A country that imposed its will on hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, telling them they no longer had a home, had to find a new place to live, sorry, and refuses to offer a reasonable compromise even decades later.

It's been a general principle on both sides for a long time that criticizing Israel for any reason was to be decried as antisemitic, the better to avoid having to justify supporting a country whose entire existence revolves around violating the human rights of others. Thank God that seems to be changing to some degree on the Left.

And I thought the same thing when I saw Biden make that comment about running over the reporter. Trump would have been roasted if he had said something like that. This is what I was saying all along during Trump's presidency. You make the bias so obvious, so all-encompassing, that it opens the door to claims that Republicans are treated unfairly in the media, which is only amplified by the Right and allows millions of Americans to fall behind chants of "FAKE NEWS"! Who the fuck can you trust anymore?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Me Banned=Earth Round

• You're not just wrong, you're stupid.
    • View Profile
    • my channel
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2021, 01:59:52 PM »
People who aren't friends with Israel have a pretty bad track record so I'm glad we are allied with them.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »
(on the notion of the joke)

Trump wouldn't have made a joke in that exact way, though. He'd most likely phrase it as a general comment about how great it would be if he could kill journalists. And he wouldn't say it to the journalists directly, but to his fans at a rally. The cheering crowd would scream their enthusiastic approval, at least one crazy person present would begin making their own plans to murder journalists, and Trump onstage would bask in their admiration. Afterwards, he would deny ever making the controversial comment to begin with, and after a few days, either he or his staff would dismissively say it had been a joke.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2021, 02:31:25 PM »
(on the notion of the joke)

Trump wouldn't have made a joke in that exact way, though. He'd most likely phrase it as a general comment about how great it would be if he could kill journalists. And he wouldn't say it to the journalists directly, but to his fans at a rally. The cheering crowd would scream their enthusiastic approval, at least one crazy person present would begin making their own plans to murder journalists, and Trump onstage would bask in their admiration. Afterwards, he would deny ever making the controversial comment to begin with, and after a few days, either he or his staff would dismissively say it had been a joke.

This.
It was in bad taste, no doubt.  But also context.
The man was literally about to drive away at an event specifically setup for him to drive.  And someone wants to ask him about Israel.

But I maintain he shouldn't have said it and I also maintain that half of Trump's comments wouldn't have gotten nothing if he didn't double down everytime someone called him out on shit.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2021, 03:02:51 PM »
It was in bad taste, no doubt.  But also context.
The man was literally about to drive away at an event specifically setup for him to drive.  And someone wants to ask him about Israel.

But I maintain he shouldn't have said it and I also maintain that half of Trump's comments wouldn't have gotten nothing if he didn't double down everytime someone called him out on shit.

I agree with Honk, and you, to a degree. But just because Biden was at an event set up for him to test drive an American-made EV doesnt give him a free pass to just dodge questions on the (arguably?) most pressing current geopolitical issue.

Biden is absolutely getting an easier ride by the MSM. Part of that was handed to him, but part of it has been earned, by not being an unpleasant, egotistical jackass who refused to take responsibility for anything. I still dont like him, but his track record is much better than Donnie's. His feet should still be held to the flames though -accountability goes both ways.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
People who aren't friends with Israel have a pretty bad track record so I'm glad we are allied with them.

So we should look the other way at their regular violations of human rights because we don't like the people who don't like them? Wow, compelling argument dude.  ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2021, 05:08:24 PM »
As a geopolitical and international security junky there's just too much to say about the Israel/Palestine situation and the conversation would be even more intractable than an FET vs RET one  :P  ;D

But I will chime in to say that the key problem facing the Gazans (and to an extent those in the West Bank as well, but more so in Gaza) is Hamas and Islamic Jihad. That is to say, Israel is not the source of the key problems facing Gaza and the average Gaza citizen. 15 years ago Hamas was elected in Gaza, and since then zero elections have been held, and Hamas has spent those 15 years making life worse and worse and worse for the average Gazan with intensely evil human rights violations against their own people.

Israel has had no ongoing military or administrative presence in Gaza for decades now, and yet the huge amount of money that has poured in to Gaza from private donors and other states (Iran, but also lots of Arab states) has not gone to making the lives of Palestinians better, because Hamas clearly doesn't care about their own people.

Of course, Hamas, being authoritarian thugs and an actual terrorist organization in control of a polity cannot be voted out with no elections (and if there were any, the idea that Gazans would have a fair election without Hamas personnel overseeing their non-secret ballot votes is laughable, meaning Hamas would retain power anyway).

In case my ultimate point isn't clear: the plight of Palestine and Palestinians right now in 2021 can only fairly be laid at the feet of Hamas, and not Israel.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2021, 08:30:33 PM »
I don't think Gazans are living high on the hog.  In fact it's my understanding that they live in poverty.  It's been described as the world's biggest open air concentration camp.  Israel seems to fit the definition of an apartheid state.  There seems to be a massive power imbalance.  It would be inaccurate to call the situation between Israel and Palestine a conflict, massacre would be a better word.

I don't deny that Hamas seems to be a terrorist organization.  But from what I see here it seems that the Israeli government is doing some terrorizing of their own.

What really stings about all of this is that my country has a lot of power to broker a peace between them.  But what we're really doing is just providing cover for the Israeli government because it makes the Christians here happy.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2021, 01:23:14 AM »
Biden seems brain dead. Is he really going to play hard ball with Putin?

Tammy Bruce
@HeyTammyBruce
·
Jun 13
This is horrible. At some point his cognitive disfunction has to be considered a natl security threat if only because of the confidence it must give our enemies “President confuses Syria with Libya three times”
1.8M views
1:13 / 1:24
From
RNC Research

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2021, 02:33:27 AM »
Seems to be a common theme among American Presidents to confuse Syria with other nations - Trump remembers details of cake he was eating while launching missiles, but not which country he was attacking:

Trump recalls moment he launched missiles, confuses Iraq for Syria
Trump says he informed the leader of China of the missile strike “over dessert”.

“Let me explain something to you, this is during dessert,” he said of his meal with Jinping.

"We’ve just fired 59 missiles, all of which hit by the way, unbelievable, from hundreds of miles away, it’s brilliant it’s genius, what we have in terms of technology no-one can come close to competing.

So I said, we’ve just launched 59 missiles, heading to Iraq."

“Heading to Syria?” the host interjects.

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-syria-dessert-3337600-Apr2017/

« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2021, 03:34:21 PM »

America doesn't exactly have a great track record either. I shudder that my country is allied with yours

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2021, 04:54:34 PM »
Seems to be a common theme among American Presidents to confuse Syria with other nations - Trump remembers details of cake he was eating while launching missiles, but not which country he was attacking:

Trump says he informed the leader of China of the missile strike “over dessert”.

“Let me explain something to you, this is during dessert,” he said of his meal with Jinping.

"We’ve just fired 59 missiles, all of which hit by the way, unbelievable, from hundreds of miles away, it’s brilliant it’s genius, what we have in terms of technology no-one can come close to competing.

This ain't a President...this is a senile old man who should go put his feet up and never appear in public as any kind of official.

NOT MY PRES..his party cheated..LOSERS

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2021, 05:00:52 PM »
hahahaha sucked in!  8)

What are you going to do about it? Nothing. Hopefully Biden (but likely Harris) can cheat their way through 2024 and keep the repugnicans out. Some Gerrymandering and moving a stack of liberals to deep red states should ensure a democrat victory every single time.  ;D

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »

This ain't a President...this is a senile old man who should go put his feet up and never appear in public as any kind of official.

Funny. WHo is in the white house and currently the leader of the free world

Though I was not a Trump supporter, I was never in the "Not my president" camp because that is just stupid and delusional and counterproductive and un-American. He was our President whether I was thrilled about it or not. That's how this all works - Every 4 years we'll have an incumbent or someone brand spanking new in that office. If you don't like it, then you must be anti-democratic. Which is certainly you're right, but perhaps you should find another nation to call your home - This one is obviously not working for you. Look to 2022 & 2024 to make some changes, just as we've been doing for 200 years.

If your thing is to point out gaffes and missteps and such, we can do that all day. We have 4 years of DJT's inappropriate insults of war veterans/heroes, two-handed water sipping, shuffling on ramps, slurring and, as pointed out, forgetting that he ordered 59 cruise missiles to strike Syria and saying he hit Iraq. At least Biden hasn't forgotten where he ordered missiles to go and blow up things and people...yet.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2021, 06:25:23 PM »

Tammy Bruce
@HeyTammyBruce
·
Jun 13
This is horrible. At some point his cognitive disfunction has to be considered a natl security threat if only because of the confidence it must give our enemies “President confuses Syria with Libya three times”
1.8M views
1:13 / 1:24
From
RNC Research

One word from the Trump administration:

COVFEFE!

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2021, 06:39:03 PM »

One of our PMs threated to 'shirtfront' Putin

Informal meaning (in Australian Rules) an act of charging into an opponent's chest, typically so as to knock them to the ground.)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/13/tony-abbott-says-he-will-shirtfront-vladimir-putin-over-downing-of-mh17

I dont think it happened though. A pity. I would have liked to see Putin knock our PM on his arse for trying

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 18, 2021, 10:09:35 PM »
Im sure all Joe needs to do is start sniffing little boys' hair and he'll be back in good graces.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
I thought I'd calculate the odds of Joe Biden dying in office. Below are the actuarial tables so you can see my sources.
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Joe is 78 years old. He has a 4.78% chance of dying this year.

Out of 100,000, people only 56,065 would be left to make the ripe old age of 78.
4 years later 44,553 will be left to celebrate their 82nd birthday.

56,056 - 44,553 = 11503
100 / (56056 / 11503) = 20.5% chance of death in those 4 years. Joe didn't have his birthday on the day he was inaugurated so his chances are a fraction more.

I honestly thought his odds of dying would be a lot higher.  :-\

Edit: Joe has dementia.
Quote from: https://www.liftedcare.com/what-is-the-life-expectancy-for-someone-with-dementia/
General life expectancy for someone with Alzheimer’s is around 8-12 years.
After diagnosis, the average lifespan of someone with dementia with Lewy bodies was found in one study to be around 5-7 years after onset.
The average life span for someone with frontotemporal dementia (sometimes called Pick’s disease) is around eight years.

So its about 50-50. Ok, I feel better about this now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:35:24 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »
I thought I'd calculate the odds of Joe Biden dying in office. Below are the actuarial tables so you can see my sources.

Out of 100,000, people only 56,065 would be left to make the ripe old age of 78.

56,056 - 44,553 = 11503
100 / (56056 / 11503) = 20.5% chance of death in those 4 years. Joe didn't have his birthday on the day he was inaugurated so his chances are a fraction more.

Quote from: https://www.liftedcare.com/what-is-the-life-expectancy-for-someone-with-dementia/
After diagnosis, the average lifespan of someone with dementia with Lewy bodies was found in one study to be around 5-7 years after onset.
The average life span for someone with frontotemporal dementia (sometimes called Pick’s disease) is around eight years.

What's the dementia expiration date as applied to DJT? Considering he was slurring, shuffling, two-handing glasses of water, and more recently putting his pants on backwards, 2024 doesn't seem like it's attainable according to the above.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2021, 11:09:37 PM »

56,056 - 44,553 = 11503

Not to worry.  Kamala Harris will become president.