Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
When it Pays to be a Democrat
« on: December 13, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »
On the notion of Hunter Biden...

A couple of months ago, the NY Post had their Twitter account banned for breaking the story about crackhead Hunter Biden traveling the world and grifting on his dad's last name. No real reason was given for the ban, but news media as well as social media suppressed the story in an obvious attempt to keep the story from hurting Joe Biden's election chances. Seems they learned from last time when Comey came out about the Hillary email story just before the election and likely tipped the scales to Trump.

Back when the story broke, Hunter's business partner made a statement saying Joe Biden was also in on the scheme. The story was effectively buried and 69 50 members of the intelligence community signed a letter saying it looked like a rUsSiAn dISiNfOrMatiOn campaign.

Anyway, fast forward to now, turns out crackhead Hunter has been under investigation for a couple of years. It looks like Hunter may be in some rather serious legal trouble. I imagine a special council will be appointed prior to Sleepy Joe's inauguration and Joe himself has made it a point to say the DoJ will operate independently and free from political influence. Maybe Joe will pardon Hunter and then resign his post so Kamala can take her rightful place as co-person of the year President.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 08:00:10 PM by junker »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: When it Pays to be a Democrat
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:43:57 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, it will be realised that Hunter is not involved in his Dad's campaign, and does not form part of his administration.

Maybe it's inappropriate to be focusing on Hunter, given the four years of grift perpetuated by Ivanka/Jared, Eric and Don Junior, all of whom ARE working with father's campaign AND administration ... ?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:16:01 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, it will be realised that Hunter is not involved in his Dad's campaign, and does not form part of his administration.
No one said Hunter was involved in the campaign or administration...

Maybe it's inappropriate to be focusing on Hunter, given the four years of grift perpetuated by Ivanka/Jared, Eric and Don Junior, all of whom ARE working with father's campaign AND administration ... ?
How is it inappropriate when Joe Biden is also implicated?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »
This information likely came from a Trump DoJ person.
And, sadly, its impossible to trust Trump and his administration.

Let me know when it reaches court.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 10:21:38 PM »
How is it inappropriate when Joe Biden is also implicated?

He's not, at least according to the NY Post, which I assume based on the OP you don't feel has any reason to suppress it if he was.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/13/doj-probe-into-hunter-biden-extends-beyond-burisma-report/

Biden, who is assembling his Cabinet and administration in anticipation of entering the White House on Jan. 20, said he is “proud of my son.”

He is not believed to be a focus of the probe into Hunter.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:23:22 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
He's not, at least according to the NY Post, which I assume based on the OP you don't feel has any reason to suppress it if he was.

Joe is implicated, according to Hunter's business partner, who of course may be lying. But, he would have first hand knowledge of the situation. The alleged Joe Biden involvement is related to, but still different from the years long investigation into Hunter's taxes. But, according to the story that is allowed to be discussed in the media currently, Sleepy Joe is not involved in Crackhead Hunter's tax fraud investigation, Joe was just taking 10% off the top of Hunter's schemes in China.

Literally what?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »
No one said Hunter was involved in the campaign or administration...

So why do his affairs matter?

EDIT - missed the second quote, but someone else addressed it

Sleepy Joe is not involved in Crackhead Hunter's tax fraud investigation

Let us know when you have something more than schoolyard insults.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:13:32 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 11:23:19 PM »
Because Sleepy Joe is alleged to have been getting a cut off the top of Crackhead Hunter's dealings in China by one of the people directly involved in said dealings? I feel like you would have to be purposefully obtuse to not understand the potential problem here...

I would suggest you go back and read the thread again to help clear up your apparent misunderstanding.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 11:37:44 PM »
Because Sleepy Joe is alleged to have been getting a cut off the top of Crackhead Hunter's dealings in China by one of the people directly involved in said dealings? I feel like you would have to be purposefully obtuse to not understand the potential problem here...

https://nypost.com/2020/12/13/doj-probe-into-hunter-biden-extends-beyond-burisma-report/

I would suggest you go back and read the thread again to help clear up your apparent misunderstanding.

I'm not misunderstanding. Referring to "Sleepy Joe" and "Crackhead Hunter" is just childish wordplay. Why not move on from this to something substantial?

Nearly?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 11:53:13 PM »
I'm not misunderstanding. Referring to "Sleepy Joe" and "Crackhead Hunter" is just childish wordplay. Why not move on from this to something substantial?

I have already covered the substance, which is what I suggested you go back and read again. Try not to get upset with me making fun of establishment figures you have no relation to...

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 11:57:29 PM »
There is no substance. Hunter is unconnected to the incoming administration, and the allegation of his father taking a cut appears to be unproven.

Nearly?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 11:59:55 PM »
There is no substance.
False.

Hunter is unconnected to the incoming administration
Objectively false.

and the allegation of his father taking a cut appears to be unproven.
I am glad you are so convinced after spending no time looking into it or giving it any sort of critical thought. You are worse than what you are accusing Tom of in the Trump thread...

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 12:07:47 AM »
You are worse than what you are accusing Tom of in the Trump thread...

Which is ... what?

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 12:15:15 AM »
It’s possible Joe has kept clear of this, but that seems highly unlikely. I guess the real question will be to what degree these past events will influence the current administration.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »
junker, don't forget that engaging Tumeni on political issues is futile. He's literally a propaganda troll and should be treated as one. Make fun of the dumb things he says, don't get tilted by them

More to the point: American politics is fucked. You can argue that one side is less fucked than the other, but meh, they're both corrupt to the bone. I'm actually starting to hope that Trump manages to make a dent in the two-party system. "It needs to get worse before it gets better" and all that.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »

Literally what?

You posted no source for your claim.  Therefore I assumed it was an official announcement from the DoJ.
Now I see its a post from a newspaper and some guy whose being investigsted.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 02:26:37 PM »

Joe is implicated, according to Hunter's business partner, who of course may be lying. But, he would have first hand knowledge of the situation. The alleged Joe Biden involvement is related to, but still different from the years long investigation into Hunter's taxes. But, according to the story that is allowed to be discussed in the media currently, Sleepy Joe is not involved in Crackhead Hunter's tax fraud investigation, Joe was just taking 10% off the top of Hunter's schemes in China.

Joe was implicated by Hunter's business partner, Tony Bobulinski. But then Fox did a little digging into the claims and didn't really come up with much to corroborate the claims:

Ex-Hunter Biden associate's records don't show proof of Biden business relationship amid unanswered questions
Hunter Biden's former business partner Tony Bobulinski claimed this week that former Vice President Joe Biden had been involved in discussions about his son's business dealings, something the Democratic presidential nominee has repeatedly denied.

Fox News has reviewed emails from Bobulinski related to the venture — and they don't show that the elder Biden had business dealings with SinoHawk Holdings, or took any payments from them or the Chinese. Still, the issue does give rise to unanswered questions about how much the former vice president knew of his son's business arrangements at the time, an issue that President Trump recently spotlighted during his campaign.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-tony-bobulinski-joe-biden-unanswered-questions

Though questions still remained.

Then there was the whole Tucker Carlson debacle. Where, ultimately, after reviewing the infamous laptop, or thumbdrive, or something, Tucker basically said it wasn't worth pursuing because it was just all embarrassing stuff about Hunter and not related to Joe or the election.

Probably the bigger question Trump has is around Barr not coughing up the investigations into Hunter's taxes prior to the election. And, ultimately, we'll probably have 4 years of MAGAheads going after Joe as payback for the Dems going after Trump. Though, on the surface, tax evasion looks a lot different than alleged collusion with a foreign entity.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 04:19:33 AM »
A couple of months ago, the NY Post had their Twitter account banned for breaking the story about crackhead Hunter Biden traveling the world and grifting on his dad's last name. No real reason was given for the ban, but news media as well as social media suppressed the story in an obvious attempt to keep the story from hurting Joe Biden's election chances. Seems they learned from last time when Comey came out about the Hillary email story just before the election and likely tipped the scales to Trump.

Back when the story broke, Hunter's business partner made a statement saying Joe Biden was also in on the scheme. The story was effectively buried and 69 50 members of the intelligence community signed a letter saying it looked like a rUsSiAn dISiNfOrMatiOn campaign.

Anyway, fast forward to now, turns out crackhead Hunter has been under investigation for a couple of years. It looks like Hunter may be in some rather serious legal trouble. I imagine a special council will be appointed prior to Sleepy Joe's inauguration and Joe himself has made it a point to say the DoJ will operate independently and free from political influence. Maybe Joe will pardon Hunter and then resign his post so Kamala can take her rightful place as co-person of the year President.

The NYP's story was not about Hunter Biden being a failson who trades on his father's name in general; it was specifically a dubious account of a laptop supposedly belonging to Hunter that supposedly had emails indicating that an executive at Burisma wanted to meet Joe Biden through him. There's no evidence that meeting happened, and Tony Bobulinski has no evidence beyond his own word that Joe was corrupt or in on anything. Bear in mind that the investigation into Burisma preceded Hunter's employment with the company and Joe's demand that Viktor Shokin be fired. Conservatives and Trump fans want people to think that all these things happened at the same time, as though Biden was protecting his son by stepping in to get the prosecutor investigating his son's employer fired. The timeline shows that's simply not what happened.

Far from suppressing or burying it, other news outlets at the time tried to corroborate the story, and came back with nothing, largely due to Giuliani's refusal to share any of the evidence with non-conservative news outlets (his involvement is another major red flag that something about the story doesn't quite ring true), but even some conservative outlets were uneasy with what they had to work with. The WSJ were reportedly hesitant to run a story on such shaky evidence, and Fox News is pretty open about the fact that they saw the evidence and found that none of it was particularly incriminating (like stack said). For their part, NBC and CBS asked to look at the evidence and were turned down. The story simply went away because there were no further developments and nothing ever came of it.

Most importantly of all, none of this has anything to do with the investigation into Hunter's taxes. This recent news does not in any way vindicate Trump's clumsy attempts to smear Biden as corrupt because of his son, nor does it cast a negative light on recent efforts to push back against bullshit fake news stories meant to smear Trump's rivals. It's so clearly irrelevant that I'm not even sure what the point of bringing it up was.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 05:05:49 AM »
it was specifically a dubious account of a laptop supposedly belonging to Hunter
That is a lot of words to say that it was Hunter's laptop... As far as I know, there has not been any denial that the laptop wasn't in fact Hunter's nor that the contents of said laptop are not authentic, but the FBI has the laptop as of a year ago so I am sure it will come out eventually.

Most importantly of all, none of this has anything to do with the investigation into Hunter's taxes.
Given that the full extent of the investigation is not yet known, it seems premature to make such a claim. If Crackhead Hunter was picking up bags of cash he wasn't paying taxes on, then it may easily all tie together. I am not sure how he had time to be making all this money though, between the crack smoking, fathering a random child, getting kicked out of the Navy for testing positive for cocaine a month after daddy got him an age exemption at 43, or banging his dead brother's widow. Busy guy, but I am sure it is totally on the up and up and that daddy had no idea whatsoever...

This recent news does not in any way vindicate Trump's clumsy attempts to smear Biden as corrupt because of his son, nor does it cast a negative light on recent efforts to push back against bullshit fake news stories meant to smear Trump's rivals.
Which story is fake news?

It's so clearly irrelevant that I'm not even sure what the point of bringing it up was.
Given your glaring bias, I can see why you think it is irrelevant. Maybe spend about 30 seconds giving the matter some critical thought on your own and try again.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 11:15:54 AM »
Well ... from my recollection of laptopgate (which now seems like an eternity ago, with all the sh*t flying around DJT's presidency .....

it was specifically a dubious account of a laptop supposedly belonging to Hunter
That is a lot of words to say that it was Hunter's laptop... As far as I know, there has not been any denial that the laptop wasn't in fact Hunter's nor that the contents of said laptop are not authentic, but the FBI has the laptop as of a year ago so I am sure it will come out eventually.

As far as I saw, there was never any proof that it was Hunter's laptop, and credible evidence to show it was not.

1. The serial number was published as part of the "horde" recovered from it. Someone looked up the online warranty app for the supposed device, and concluded that one with that serial number would have been purchased AFTER the supposed date it was handed in for repair.

2. It was supposedly a Macbook, handed in to a shop which specialised in Mac repairs. Guiliani later appeared on Fox, purportedly with the 'laptop' involved, and held up an LG machine.

3. The shop owner claimed to have 'removed the hard drive' and sent it or a copy to Guiliani, and later either it or a copy to the FBI. So the story originally has the FBI with a hard drive, not the actual machine. Guiliani claims to have the actual machine, and went on camera, so ... the FBI has the actual machine? Nah... And how did Guiliani get the actual machine, when the shop owner claims to have sent him and the FBI only a hard drive?

Most importantly of all, none of this has anything to do with the investigation into Hunter's taxes.
Given that the full extent of the investigation is not yet known, it seems premature to make such a claim. If Crackhead Hunter ...

Schoolyard insults do not a valid case make.

This recent news does not in any way vindicate Trump's clumsy attempts to smear Biden as corrupt because of his son, nor does it cast a negative light on recent efforts to push back against bullshit fake news stories meant to smear Trump's rivals.
Which story is fake news?

See above. Seems to be a lot of dubious claims from Guiliani and others against Biden

It's so clearly irrelevant that I'm not even sure what the point of bringing it up was.
Given your glaring bias, I can see why you think it is irrelevant. Maybe spend about 30 seconds giving the matter some critical thought on your own and try again.

Right back at you, per the above. Back later with links to back up my recollections, if/when I can dredge them from my history.

Nearly?