alfred1

Aircraft flying upside down?
« on: July 15, 2018, 12:54:15 PM »
I watched a televised interview with some FE'ers. One of them said that if someone could show him an aeroplane flying upside down then he would be ready  to believe in the possibility of earth being round. first off, aeroplanes can and often do fly upside down (military ones anyway) The point is that from earth and after all that's the only place we can see them from) aeroplanes do seem to fly right up. but from space those at the lower end of the planet would appear to be upside down . This is because they have their lower halves pointing toward us and has nothing to do with the earth being flat. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:54:26 PM by alfred1 »

Re: Aircraft flying upside down?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »
I watched a televised interview with some FE'ers. One of them said that if someone could show him an aeroplane flying upside down then he would be ready  to believe in the possibility of earth being round. first off, aeroplanes can and often do fly upside down (military ones anyway) The point is that from earth and after all that's the only place we can see them from) aeroplanes do seem to fly right up. but from space those at the lower end of the planet would appear to be upside down . This is because they have their lower halves pointing toward us and has nothing to do with the earth being flat.
what on earth are you talking about.  what legit FE'er said a plane cant fly upside down.  is there a question here?
Quote from: SiDawg
Planes fall out of the sky all the time

totallackey

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
I would venture the OP misheard the supposed FE.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:01:12 PM »
Aircraft that can't fly upside down have high cambered aerofoils.

Stunt planes have symmetrical aerofoils. The angle of incidence then dictates which direction the lift vector goes. Not the shape of the earth.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »

I'm not convinced he did. In one of this guy's videos, he specifically outlined to the interview subjects that the earth cannot be a globe because "if you looked at the Earth from the Moon, and zoomed in a camera, the planes flying in the Southern hemisphere would be flying upside-down. That's a real-world observation"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68Pd2nnxGX5r7-t2xiDwdQ/videos?disable_polymer=1 [fixed link - ~pete]

As close to verbatim as I can get. I think he's deleted the video now, I can't find the specific one that I saw, but I recall commenting on it at the time.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:09:06 PM by Pete Svarrior »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
So ask him in his comments section.

This is like saying "A man in Baltimore claims UFOs exist. You are also a man, defend UFOs."

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
So ask him in his comments section.

Done that. He got replies from me that he didn't like, so he barred me from commenting under the ID I was using at that time. I set up a new one, asked some more. He barred that ID. I set up a new one, he barred that one too. Repeat, repeat.

He does the same for anyone who disagrees, sheds doubt on what he says or claims.

Someone above suggests the OP "misheard", but if they saw the same video as I did, they did not mishear, for that's exactly what the FEer said.

Nearly?

alfred1

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »

Stunt planes have symmetrical aerofoils. The angle of incidence then dictates which direction the lift vector goes. Not the shape of the earth.

I am aware of this,but military aircraft can fly upside down for short distances, watch the Red Arrows. Relative to earth that is. There is no up, down, left, right, north, south etc in space.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »

I'm not convinced he did. In one of this guy's videos, he specifically outlined to the interview subjects that the earth cannot be a globe because "if you looked at the Earth from the Moon, and zoomed in a camera, the planes flying in the Southern hemisphere would be flying upside-down. That's a real-world observation"

As close to verbatim as I can get. I think he's deleted the video now, I can't find the specific one that I saw, but I recall commenting on it at the time.

so some numbnuts that believes in flat earth is an idiot and he is the official spokesman for Flat Earth Theory?

gotcha, so that crazy guy on history channel that is the go too alien nutjob...well guess what, he believes in round earth, so should you guys have to respond to his antics?  i think not
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:16:35 PM by Round Eyes »
Quote from: SiDawg
Planes fall out of the sky all the time

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
so some numbnuts that believes in flat earth is an idiot and he is the official spokesman for Flat Earth Theory?

No, someone posts earlier;

All I'm suggesting is that it's perfectly possible that they did not, because I heard and saw someone say exactly what they suggest is being misheard.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »

I am aware of this,but military aircraft can fly upside down for short distances, watch the Red Arrows. Relative to earth that is. There is no up, down, left, right, north, south etc in space.
Military fighters have symmetrical aerofoils.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »
I don't know if this is any help at all, but there are lots of youtube videos where the FE youtuber simply cannot believe that an airplane could fly from the northern hemisphere to the southern hemisphere without turning "upside down". Here on the FES boards, I think you'll find that most FE posters understand how this is supposed to work in the RE model.

I think the format here is much more conducive to explaining these misunderstandings, so these types of misunderstandings don't stick around as much as they do on youtube.

Nice description of airfoils though!