Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
E-readers
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:55:39 AM »
Does anyone have one? I just bought a Kindle Paperwhite because I'm a reading whore, and reading books on my phone started to get a little tedious.

So far, it seems like a decent device. I've never used an ereader before, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Although, it took some tweaking in terms of font sizes and spacing because it really strained my eyes at first. It seems less straining now, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm starting to get used to the low resolution screen, or because the tweaking actually did something.

Ghost of V

Re: E-readers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 01:58:28 AM »

I had this one since it was released. About two months ago the screen glitched out, shows nothing but lines everywhere now. I was bummed because it was the main method I used for reading. I had a lot of pirated books on there. That's the main reason I love them. You can easily get whatever book you want free of charge.

I'll probably buy another one but the newer Paperwhite models don't look as nice. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:35:59 AM »
I have a Kobo. I don't like that the Kindle doesn't read epub, which is a very standard file type.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 02:29:37 AM »
I'm addicted to it now. And books for it are way cheaper than getting them in physical form.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
I've had a look at my friend's e-reader, a Kindle or some such. It was fine and all, but I'm not sure there will ever come a time when I wouldn't rather have a good paperback, unless Pynchon's next novel turns out to be 2000 pages long or something.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
I prefer paper books in general, but for travel, it's hard to beat an e-reader. My fiancee has a first-gen Kindle loaded with hundreds of pirated books and every holiday I end up stealing it to re-read a Discworld or two.