Ghost of V

what the hell is wrong with DMX?
« on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:55 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX_(rapper)

Please observe under the subsection "Legal Issues". This man has been to prison so many times it's insane. How does one fuck up so badly? Was he raised incorrectly, was it the rap culture, was it drugs, or was he just bat shit insane? I would like your opinions.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:37:39 AM by pizaaplanet »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: what the hell is wrong with DMX?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX_(rapper)

Please observe under the subsection "Legal Issues". This man has been to prison so many times it's insane. How does one fuck up so badly? Was he raised incorrectly, was it the rap culture, was it drugs, or was he just bat shit insane? I would like your opinions.

Have you listened to his albums?  He has quite a bit of anger.  I suppose getting beat constantly by boyfriends that his whore of a mom brought home had a hand in it.  Then, taking to the streets to find his own way.  There really was going to be no positive outcome.  Seems like he channeled a lot of it through rap and made some money, but yeah he has issues. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Have you listened to his albums?  He has quite a bit of anger.  I suppose getting beat constantly by boyfriends that his whore of a mom brought home had a hand in it.  Then, taking to the streets to find his own way.  There really was going to be no positive outcome.  Seems like he channeled a lot of it through rap and made some money, but yeah he has issues. 

Indeed. I didn't even mention the fact that he filed for bankruptcy due to not being able to pay child support for his 12 bastard children. It's like he doesn't even care.

And no, I haven't listened to any of his albums. The only song I know by him is Party Up (Up in Here).

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »

Indeed. I didn't even mention the fact that he filed for bankruptcy due to not being able to pay child support for his 12 bastard children. It's like he doesn't even care.

And no, I haven't listened to any of his albums. The only song I know by him is Party Up (Up in Here).

Yeah, he is a train wreck.  I'd suggest listening to them, the man can pen some lyrics.  Dark, twisted lyrics, but still quite good.  Don't consider Party Up a representative work.  If you are interested, some notable tracks are:

The Professional
Bring Your Whole Crew
Damien/The Omen/Damien III (a trilogy spanning a few albums, about his perceived fight with the devil)

Ghost of V

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »

Yeah, he is a train wreck.  I'd suggest listening to them, the man can pen some lyrics.  Dark, twisted lyrics, but still quite good.  Don't consider Party Up a representative work.  If you are interested, some notable tracks are:

The Professional
Bring Your Whole Crew
Damien/The Omen/Damien III (a trilogy spanning a few albums, about his perceived fight with the devil)

Damn, I didn't know he made concept albums.  :o

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 12:40:50 AM »
Damn, I didn't know he made concept albums.  :o

Well, it's less "concept albums" and more "three interlinked songs over a few albums".
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:50 AM »
I like "Where The Hood At?". It's all about how gross gay people are.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
DMX - JESUS LOVES ME:
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »
How does he still have a license?
He shouldn't even look at a car.
lol Poor thing.