Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Fortnite: When will it die?
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:43:35 PM »
Fortnite has been going for over a year now. Most of these fads like flappybird or Pokemon Go tend to die by now. Why is this one still going? It looks so boring. I can't understand how people are still playing it a year later. Surely they've seen all the maps, done everything there is to do and would rather spend their time doing something new?

I just don't get why this game. It looks retarted. And yet people still watch other people playing it on stream or youtube. What do you think the player will do that is new when you watch? Surely its all been done? From the shrieking and jumping about on these streams, it is clear that the people playing are of demonstrably low IQ. They don't seem much smarter than chimps. Is it a past time for the intellectually short-changed or is an entire generation just using it as a hideout from a social justice culture they are thoroughly sick of?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite: When will it die?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:52:45 PM »
Have you considered just not playing it?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:56:15 PM »
I've never played it. It doesn't interest me. That's why I'm asking what it is other people see in it? Because it seems to be pervasive and I keep ending up seeing fortnite things all the time or news about updates and other shit I don't care about.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:19 PM »
The absolute state of thork is complaining about the existence of a game he doesn't even play. Thork, have you ever contemplated the idea that maybe you don't have to complain about things 24/7. You could always just relax for a bit. You don't have to invent new things to complain about just for the sake of getting attention on this forum. Try making a thread with a positive theme. I know it's difficult, but really get the ol noggin joggin, eh?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »
I mostly make threads when I want to find out something. And I post this one as negative because I want to hear the positives. If I made a positive OP, people would be more likely to provide the rebuttal and I already don't know why people use Fortnite.

So I was expecting "It will never die because it does this this and this and that makes it different" or "Yeah, I used to play but not so much" and from all this anecdotal evidence, I'd get a better picture whether this is going to continue to be a thing or whether it is going to die soon as I would expect. I guess I'm gauging enthusiasm. But for a few questions I don't really have much to say as I don't know much about it. Kind of hoped the thread would be people responding waxing lyrical or coming to some agreement that they want their lives back and that it is worse than crack cocaine or something.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 03:14:00 AM »
I guess when it turns into a meme and pewdiepie reviews it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 05:12:42 AM »
I'venever played it but perhaps its the new TF2: Just repetitive yet fun action.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 12:06:56 PM »
ITT: Thork asks people’s thoughts by verbal diarrheaing on them.

Fortnite is popular not just because of the gameplay which many people enjoy for the strategic challenges but also because of the community it creates. It’s a way for people to hang out together on line and do something fun.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:08:43 PM by Rama Set »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 02:21:53 PM »
Aren't the maps in Fortnite flat?
You'd think Thork would love it...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »
Fortnite is popular not just because of the gameplay which many people enjoy for the strategic challenges but also because of the community it creates. It’s a way for people to hang out together on line and do something fun.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
I installed Fortnite a couple of months back, fully intending to give it a fair shot, but I still haven't played it. I resent it to a degree because it is the main reason that Epic stopped working on Unreal Tournament.

As for why people watch other people play the game, you might as well ask why people watch other people play sports.