Flat Earth Experiments
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
I decided to delete all my videos.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:01:08 PM by FE-Experiments »

Offline Yendor

• View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Experiments
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »
Please find three videos about Flat Earth Experiments on my youtube channel. More experiment-videos will follow.

FE-Experiments

I watched your videos, they were very good. I've seen other videos like this before. It is very strange to me that the round earth theory doesn't seem to work over water, yet they still claim it does. I don't understand it. I've lived near the ocean all my life and was also in the navy. I can watch a ship disappear and with binoculars it comes back in focus. Where on Earth is the curvature they talk about?

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:17:23 AM »

I watched your videos, they were very good. I've seen other videos like this before. It is very strange to me that the round earth theory doesn't seem to work over water, yet they still claim it does.
Superior mirage/refraction.  I've posted pictures of objects that should have been hidden beyond the horizon, but were still visible, while taller objects were still sinking toward the horizon.

I don't understand it. I've lived near the ocean all my life and was also in the navy. I can watch a ship disappear and with binoculars it comes back in focus. Where on Earth is the curvature they talk about?
If the ship is visible with binoculars, then it wasn't hidden below any curvature yet.  It was just too small to see.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
The curvature exists or does not. Did you ever see one, at sea or on land?
I've seen hills and ships sink below the waterline/horizon as I changed my viewing elevation or they got farther away.  From 2,500 feet elevation I observed a major city 60 miles away located at sea-level, and only the top portion of the tallest buildings were visible above the horizon.

ewigkeit

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »
The sinking ships, suns, clouds, buildings are due to the real light refraction phenomena.

The horizon(the most far the eye can see)breaks the lights of our light sources(every light source including stars) and then you get the phenomena.

This is the real phenomena the scientist just distorted and lie to you.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 02:31:19 AM »
So I noticed at about 14:10 that the funnel is much smaller horizontally, when you state the ship should have dropped 49.2 feet, and compare a full-shot of the ship to how it looks in the distance.  There is some superior mirage(atmospheric refraction) that is stretching things vertically, so I matched up the horizontal size of the funnel between the two and put the tops of the funnel about even.

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:45 AM »
Good evening. I hope I am not interfering by breaking in on you but just came across this . Very interesting, so please continue.

This was way back in the dark ages when I was in the Navy. The ship on which I was stationed made a "cruise" to Japan and back each year. This was also back before the Internet and The Flat Earth Society. It was such a common occurrence that we didn't think anything about it.

When we sailed west from San Diego, you could notice the shoreline disappeared and finally the peak of Point Loma disappeared. Then when we neared Honolulu the top of Diamond Head first came in view and as we got nearer the shoreline at Waikiki Beach could be seen.

Also ships disappeared hull first and finally the tops of their masts. And once those ships or land disappeared from view over the horizon there was no way you could "Restore them to view with a telescope." I'm sure the guys on the bridge would have been glad to know they could have done this. LOL. When I first saw that on the FES I wondered who, why and how that came from. LOL.

There wasn't any discussion about the flat earth at that time. We just knew it to be a fact that this was due to the globular shape of the earth. Both from this and radar theory.

Pardon the interruption but thought I would put in my two cents worth from my own experiences.  I was a radar technician and I also liked to checked the radar with the visual observations of ships and land.

So you really have to chalk off all this flat earth stuff as pure fiction and not even science fiction. I really don't understand why anyone would believe in it. I think it's all an act. It does provide some entertainment at least.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:32:31 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »
Good evening. I hope I am not interfering by breaking in on you but just came across this . Very interesting, so please continue.

This was way back in the dark ages when I was in the Navy. The ship on which I was stationed made a "cruise" to Japan and back each year. This was also back before the Internet and The Flat Earth Society. It was such a common occurrence that we didn't think anything about it.

When we sailed west from San Diego, you could notice the shoreline disappeared and finally the peak of Point Loma disappeared. Then we neared Honolulu the top of Diamond Head first came in view and as we got nearer the shoreline at Waikiki Beach could be seen.

Also ships disappeared hull first and finally the tops of their masts. And once those ships or land disappeared over the horizon there was no way you could "Restore them to view with a telescope." I'm sure the guys on the bridge would have been glad to know they could have done this. LOL. When I first saw that on the FES I wondered who, why and how that came from. LOL.

There wasn't any discussion about the flat earth at that time. We just knew it to be a fact that this was due to the globular shape of the earth. Both from this and radar theory.

Pardon the interruption but thought I would put in my two cents worth from my own experiences.  I was a radar technician and I also liked to checked the radar with the visual observations of ships and land.

So you really have to chalk off all this flat earth stuff as pure fiction and not even science fiction. I really don't understand why anyone would believe in it. I think it's all an act. It does provide some entertainment at least.

Nice story, but I want proof.

In many observations, I saw that the objects at a far distance are not sinking as much as the Round Earth formula dictates.

see, for example

and

Most RE-believers claim that this is caused by refraction. This claim is not backed up with evidence.

So, please enlighten us with proof!

Well, if you don't  believe me, just ask anyone in any navy or anyone who has ever taken an ocean cruise. In the navy, just ask anyone who has ever stood a watch on the bridge. Or even those such as myself who have just observed this many times.

As I mentioned, it is such a common thing that there is no doubt of what you are observing. Common knowledge. You just can't deny that things that are just as they are.

The distance to the horizon computations can be verified by radar theory. The radar on this particular ship used a frequency which operated on line-of-sight  and the maximum range was limited by the distance to the horizon computed by the well known formula of the distance to the horizon determined by the height of the radar antenna. If you doubt the distance to the horizon then you would have to disprove radar theory. And of course all radars act according to radar theory if they  are properly designed and properly maintained .

Of course I am sure someone is going to post about over the horizon radars. But that is a different story. There are all types of radars designed for different purposes which operate on different frequencies and different design criteria to  give different results.

Once again if you are a so-called "flat earth believer" or even if you are just one of the many suspected "flat earth actors" just denying the fact won't change the fact that the earth is a globe and not some sort of a so-called flat disc with a so-called ice rim around the edge. Or deny the fact that there is no flat earth map of the entire earth.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:09:30 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »
Most RE-believers claim that this is caused by refraction. This claim is not backed up with evidence.
Are you saying that atmospheric refraction is not a real phenomenon?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »

Refraction does exist and causes distortions. But what kind of distortions?
Well, among other things, refraction causes some objects to appear higher than they really are.

RE-believers are claiming that refraction is the cause of the difference between what is seen and what should (not) be seen., but they don't back it up with evidence. So, please if you can, post your evidence.
What sort of evidence are you looking for?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »

When we sailed west from San Diego, you could notice the shoreline disappeared and finally the peak of Point Loma disappeared. Then we neared Honolulu the top of Diamond Head first came in view and as we got nearer the shoreline at Waikiki Beach could be seen.

Also ships disappeared hull first and finally the tops of their masts. And once those ships or land disappeared over the horizon there was no way you could "Restore them to view with a telescope." I'm sure the guys on the bridge would have been glad to know they could have done this. LOL. When I first saw that on the FES I wondered who, why and how that came from. LOL.

In many observations, I saw that the objects at a far distance are not sinking as much as the Round Earth formula dictates.

see, for example

Well, if you don't  believe me, just ask anyone in any navy or anyone who has ever taken an ocean cruise. In the navy, just ask anyone who has ever stood a watch on the bridge. Or even those such as myself who have just observed this many times.

As I mentioned, it is such a common thing that there is no doubt of what you are observing. Common knowledge. You just can't deny that things that are just as they are.

The distance to the horizon computations can be verified by radar theory. The radar on this particular ship used a frequency which operated on line-of-sight  and the maximum range was limited by the distance to the horizon computed by the well known formula of the distance to the horizon determined by the height of the radar antenna. If you doubt the distance to the horizon then you would have to disprove radar theory. And of course all radars act according to radar theory if they  are properly designed and properly maintained .

Of course I am sure someone is going to post about over the horizon radars. But that is a different story. There are all types of radars designed for different purposes which operate on different frequencies and different design criteria to  give different results.

Once again if you are a so-called "flat earth believer" or even if you are just one of the many suspected "flat earth actors" just denying the fact won't change the fact that the earth is a globe and not some sort of a so-called flat disc with a so-called ice rim around the edge. Or deny the fact that there is no flat earth map of the entire earth.

I am asking for proof and you come up with new stories and opinions.
[/quote

Those weren't just "new stories and opinions." They were really old stories and not opinions. Just statements of facts of every day observances by countless persons at countless times . And if you want evidence there are many sources to confirm these observances.

If you attended a school in radar and the instructor told you about the range of a certain radar, how the range was limited by line-of-sight and how you could compute  this distance if you knew the height of the antenna, would you believe him and take this as evidence ? And if the school included practice in the operation of the radar would you believe the radar ? And if you actually operated a radar on a ship would you believe the radar ? And take all of this as evidence ?

If you attended a school in geodesy or geography and the instructor gave you the instructions on computing the distance to the horizon (as previously explained) would you believe him and take this as evidence ?

geckothegeek

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »

see, for example

[/quote

Those weren't just "new stories and opinions." They were really old stories and not opinions. Just statements of facts of every day observances by countless persons at countless times . And if you want evidence there are many sources to confirm these observances.

If you attended a school in radar and the instructor told you about the range of a certain radar, how the range was limited by line-of-sight and how you could compute  this distance if you knew the height of the antenna, would you believe him and take this as evidence ? And if the school included practice in the operation of the radar would you believe the radar ? And if you actually operated a radar on a ship would you believe the radar ? And take all of this as evidence ?

If you attended a school in geodesy or geography and the instructor gave you the instructions on computing the distance to the horizon (as previously explained) would you believe him and take this as evidence ?

Did you understand my question or are you only interested in telling your stories?

Maybe you don't understand that these were just reports of facts and not just stories. If you do not want to believe the obvious facts and evidence that is your problem. You could research all of this to check if my "stories" were true, you know. LOL.

Again. Would you believe anything about the radar, etc. from the sources I have mentioned ?

geckothegeek

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 12:48:42 AM »

Well, among other things, refraction causes some objects to appear higher than they really are.

RE-believers are claiming that refraction is the cause of the difference between what is seen and what should (not) be seen., but they don't back it up with evidence. So, please if you can, post your evidence.

What sort of evidence ARE you looking for ? Or is it that you just don't trust anyone ?
I'm no expert on the subjects but I have had some experience in regard to the horizon , photography  and radar and I  do know where to go to find answers. So if you don't believe what Mr. markjo and I have presented, why don't you just do some research and see if what we have presented is true or not ?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 03:31:56 AM »

some???
Proof please for this statement
If you understand how refraction works and you accept that the index of refraction of the atmosphere varies with temperature, humidity and pressure, then you already have all the proof that you need.  If you don't, then it would be a waste of time and effort for me to try and explain it to you. 

You don't know what evidence is?
Of course I know what evidence is.  I'm just trying to find out if your definition of evidence is compatible with mine.  FE'ers tend to have an unreasonable definition of evidence for RET.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:20:05 PM by markjo »

geckothegeek

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 04:28:32 AM »
IMHO  a lot of the so-called "true flat earth believers" are no more "believers"  than you and I are and are just putting on the dumb act and posting the dumbest things that they can think of to start a debate. It may be that they are RE's just trying to make this website look worse than it already is.

Interesting to see what he (Mr. "FE-Experiments") calls "Evidence." Or what it would take for him to consider anything as "Evidence."

Anyway, FWIW, this website is interesting to see  what the FE's are going to come up with next or what RE fact they are going to deny next. I don't think I am alone in enjoying this website for the fun of that and not taking any of the FE's seriously.

So, "From viewers like US. Thank You." and "From all of us to all of you (FE's). Have a good week." (Borrowed from two of my favorites.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:35:48 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 05:08:15 PM »

see, for example

Here is an experiment that "FE Experiments" can perform.:

Go to any Naval Station or Cruise Ship or Ship Line office and ask them if they can - Quote - "With a telescope you can recover or bring back into sight a ship which has passed over the horizon and out of sight. Of course this proves that the earth is flat and is not a globe." Please report back with your results. Even a telephone call would suffice. These people would be experts and well experienced on this subject so I would assume any evidence they have would be sufficient for you.

While you are it ask them if their oceanic charts are made from the flat earth map of the entire earth.You might have to explain to them that the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection Map Of The Globe Map is the true map of the world of which you are referring and not something that Round Earthers erroneously call a "projection" of a thing they call "globe."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:11:58 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »

see, for example

Here is an experiment that "FE Experiments" can perform.:

Go to any Naval Station or Cruise Ship or Ship Line office and ask them if they can - Quote - "With a telescope you can recover or bring back into sight a ship which has passed over the horizon and out of sight. Of course this proves that the earth is flat and is not a globe." Please report back with your results. Even a telephone call would suffice. These people would be experts and well experienced on this subject so I would assume any evidence they have would be sufficient for you.

While you are it ask them if their oceanic charts are made from the flat earth map of the entire earth.You might have to explain to them that the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection Map Of The Globe Map is the true map of the world of which you are referring and not something that Round Earthers erroneously call a "projection" of a thing they call "globe."

You call FE-ers stupid, but you find it very hard to read and understand the question.

You have your own personal horizon (in a circle around you) and yes, at a far distance a part of objects is obscured, but not as much as a RE-horizon would do (according to the RE-formula).

All I'm asking for is to provide any evidence that it is refraction that causes the difference between the horizon that is observed and the calculated RE-horizon (RE-curvature formula).

And I am just listing some sources where you can go for answers to your questions about the horizon. You're not stupid if you have a question and either do some research or go to some authority on the subject as suggested. Quote : "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask." Science classes in local Community Colleges are also good sources for information.

The actual calculated distance to the horizon doesn't change. The apparent distance to the horizon to the observer may be affected by refraction or other atmospheric conditions.

Main points to keep in mind.:
1. Under normal conditions (no effects due to atmospheric conditions) the horizon is a definite line where earth and sky or ocean and sky meet.
2. The actual distance to the horizon may be determined by a simple formula taking into account the height of the observer.
3. Charts and maps used in oceanic navigation are made from projections of the globe.
4. The earth is a globe.
5. There is no flat earth map of the entire earth.
6. The earth is not flat.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:08:20 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 02:26:13 AM »
I like to have as much fun as anyone else on this forum, but I do try to stick to facts on subjects of which I am more certain. If I don't know the answer I try to research it and find sources for an answer.

That is the reason I suggested you contact some sources for your questions about the effect of atmospheric conditions affected what you would see in relation to the horizon. Those sources listed would be from experts and experienced personnel who would give you more precise answers. My experience along these lines were mostly in perfect conditions when there was no interference from any adverse conditions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:29:38 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 05:00:06 PM »
I like to have as much fun as anyone else on this forum, but I do try to stick to facts on subjects of which I am more certain. If I don't know the answer I try to research it and find sources for an answer.

That is the reason I suggested you contact some sources for your questions about the effect of atmospheric conditions affected what you would see in relation to the horizon. Those sources listed would be from experts and experienced personnel who would give you more precise answers. My experience along these lines were mostly in perfect conditions when there was no interference from any adverse conditions.

So, you are making statements, but you are not sure they are correct. You don't have any evidence that backs it up.

Thank you for admitting it.

I am sure any statements I made in regard to the horizon and radar are correct. Outside of that I would have to do more research. What statements do you question ?

I will make another statement.:
The earth is round. A globe. An oblate spheroid.
I know this is correct and there is ample evidence to support it.

Why don't you just go to some reliable source for information and find out for yourself in regards to your questions  ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:10:00 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 05:13:02 PM »

So, you are making statements, but you are not sure they are correct. You don't have any evidence that backs it up.

Thank you for admitting it.

I am sure any statements I made in regard to the horizon and radar are correct. Outside of that I would have to do more research. What statements do you question ?

I will make another statement.:
The earth is round. A globe. An oblate spheroid.
I know this is correct and there is ample evidence to support it.

The apparent distance to the horizon to the observer may be affected by refraction or other atmospheric conditions.

[/quote]

Please provide proof for this statement!!!
Any evidence that it is refraction that causes the difference between the horizon that is observed (small part of the bottom obscured) and the calculated RE-horizon (RE-curvature formula that says that a much bigger part should be obscured).
[/quote]

Once more . Why don't you do some research on the subject if you have any doubts.