Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Path of the Sun in the Bi-polar Model of the Earth.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:41 AM »
The bi-polar 'map' creates so many problems, I can't even remember what problem(s) it was supposed to solve.

Yes you can claim: "Proud member of İntikam's 'Ignore List'", but

;D  ;) Stop gloating! I'm still the first of many (we hope!) "ignored: rabinoz, Rounder, TotesNotReptilian, andruszkow, Unsure101, Lord Dave (i don't see what you write)"  ;)  ;D
But I do have to congratulate you on being a good second place getter, but what about poor Venus.
You want to try the "other site" and have a go at Papa Legba. He's a much more ferocious leg-biter! Doesn't know any more than

Mind you poor "Lord Dave" got a raw deal. getting banned for having the audacity to claim that the US dropped nuclear weapons on Japan.

Actually US Air Force bombed Japan civilians several days with no mercy. There was no Nuke.
You can look up the reports that came from Hiroshima and Nagisaki. It wasn't days of bombing. Everything was dandy one moment, and the next an entire city was silent. Sadly, the US did drop nuclear bombs on those cities and they were unequivocally devastating.  You cannot simulate a nuclear blast with conventional explosives. And there's also the radiation poisoning. If we used conventional bombs, why did so many people get radiation sickness?

I believe there is something is known as radiation but don't believe it caused by nukes. A lot of bombs causes it. magnetic media are also emit radiation. For example the electronic doors have dedector emit radiation while there is no nuke. Also "nuclear medicine" is not nuclear. Just using the laser light but causes the effect that we defined it radiation. Where is nuke? Not needed.
Technically the sensor does not emit radiation but rather absorbs it.  It uses thermal radiation to determine a moving person.
Nuclear medicine refers to using a radioactive dye so a scanner can see blood flow with precision.  At least, one part of nuclear medicine which is what I think you're referring to.

Sure as İntikam says "actually US Air Force bombed Japan civilians several days with no mercy.", but mainly Tokyo, reportedly killing more than the atomic bombs did,
but not so newsworthy as a "nuke on each of Hiroshima and Nagasaki".
Looks like with İntikam "To disagree with him is to get banned by him", no appeal! Well at least he seems to stick to the "True Believers" now.

Well İntikam doesn't believe in nuclear weapons, so we can breathe easy and not worry about ISIS getting hold of some.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 08:46:58 PM »

Yes you can claim: "Proud member of İntikam's 'Ignore List'", but

;D  ;) Stop gloating! I'm still the first of many (we hope!) "ignored: rabinoz, Rounder, TotesNotReptilian, andruszkow, Unsure101, Lord Dave (i don't see what you write)"  ;)  ;D
But I do have to congratulate you on being a good second place getter, but what about poor Venus.

I feel so left out !!!  I'm going out the back to eat worms !!!!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 03:49:06 AM »
I feel so left out !!!  I'm going out the back to eat worms !!!!

You just haven't proved him wrong often enough!

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »
Or jumped uninvited into what he imagines to be private dialog, despite being conducted in a public forum.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
This is what creates the seasons - long summer days and short winter days in the North, and vice versa for the South.
Correct, but what is the bi-polar model explanation of it?
March to September equinox: 186.4 days
September to March equinox: 178.84 days

Why does the Sun hangs around in the North longer?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:43:22 AM by UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet »
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 11:39:12 AM »
This is what creates the seasons - long summer days and short winter days in the North, and vice versa for the South.
Correct, but what is the bi-polar model explanation of it?
March to September equinox: 186.4 days
September to March equinox: 178.84 days

Why does the Sun hangs around in the North longer?
To which you could add: Why is the intensity of solar radiation on the earth some 7% higher in the southern hemisphere during its summer than in the northern hemisphere during its summer.

Solar Radiation Received per Day

The solar constant is almost 7% higher in the southern hemisphere's summer than in the northern hemisphere's summer. Why?

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 06:50:21 AM »
I introduced the global Piri Reis map to the flat earth society; at that point in time, some eight years ago, no other FE seemed to care or to understand that this map was light years ahead of the other unipolar map.

It is perfectly and absolutely incompatible with a Sun which orbits at an altitude of 3000 miles, or that has a diameter of 32 miles, or which does not set or rise.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64997.0

Once the other FE realized that this map does solve all of their problems, they have begun to try and use it in debates, but without much success; it takes an integrated approach, using the faint young sun paradox, the CNO cycle paradox, the impossibility of a spherically sun argument, the fact that planetary gravity is a rotational force, to properly defend this map.

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »
I introduced the global Piri Reis map to the flat earth society; at that point in time, some eight years ago, no other FE seemed to care or to understand that this map was light years ahead of the other unipolar map.

Great! Does that mean you can answer the question in the thread title? Can you draw the path of the sun on your map?

geckothegeek

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 05:19:47 AM »
The bi-polar 'map' creates so many problems, I can't even remember what problem(s) it was supposed to solve.

It explains the existence of the South celestial pole. That's about it though.

..........And the existence ot Antarctica as a continent and is not the 'ice ring' as shown in the unipolar 'map'.
The distortion is even worse than the unipolar 'map'.
One fe idea presented is that since there is no 'ice ring' is that the edge of the oceans is so far away from the sun and there is so liitle heat that the oceans freeze and prevent the water from flowing over the earth.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »

Great! Does that mean you can answer the question in the thread title? Can you draw the path of the sun on your map?
::)  ;D This will answer all the questions you have ever asked and all you ever can ask about the sun's path on the bipolar earth.  ;D  ::)

The Sun does rise and set.

Most of the "facts" presented in the section devoted to the data relating to the Sun are plain wrong.

That is why a big change is needed: the FAQ must be written by those who do actually know flat earth theory very well, and have been able to defend it for all these years successfully.

Now you know! Though I'm sure 42 should have come into it somewhere!

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
It is not just a "path of the sun" problem with the bipolar map. There are times of day when both eastern Asia and the United States are in daylight, and Europe and Africa are in their nighttime. How do I know? I speak with clients all over the world and so am very familiar with time zones and when I can and cannot reach a client from here in the US. For example, right now in March, when it is 3:00 pm in NYC, then it is 4:00 pm in Buenos Aires, 6:00 am in Sydney, 7:00 am on the Kamachatka peninsula in Eastern Siberia, 8:00 am in Auckland, 9:00 pm in Madrid and Cape Town, 10:00 pm in Moscow, 3:00 am in Beijing, and 12:30 am in New Delhi.

In order for that to work on the bipolar map, the darkness of the night would be located in the middle of the map slicing diagonally across Africa and Europe and much of Asia (but not all of Asia), while the left and right sides including North and South America, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, and far eastern Russia would be in daylight. Japan and China would be in darkness while Australia and Eastern Siberia would be in daylight. That would be quite a trick with just one Sun. Really, how do Australia and Eastern Siberia manage to be in daylight when China and Japan are between them on the map and yet would be in darkness?

Maybe there are two suns...and the reason we can't ever see both at the same time....is.....because.....?

Actually, the more I look at the map, I see that the area of daylight forms a very large circle that encloses the area of darkness on the map....how the heck would that work?

At least the unipolar map does not have this problem of a circle of sunlight enclosing an area of darkness.

PS: It is also daylight on Wake Island, but I am not sure where that appears on the bipolar map. It is located east of Japan. But if it is on the right side of the bipolar map, then it clearly completes the circle of daylight surrounding the areas of darkness on the bipolar map.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:57:37 AM by Nirmala »

Offline Novarus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2017, 06:50:44 AM »

It is perfectly and absolutely incompatible with a Sun which orbits at an altitude of 3000 miles, or that has a diameter of 32 miles, or which does not set or rise.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64997.0

Once the other FE realized that this map does solve all of their problems, they have begun to try and use it in debates, but without much success; it takes an integrated approach, using the faint young sun paradox, the CNO cycle paradox, the impossibility of a spherically sun argument, the fact that planetary gravity is a rotational force, to properly defend this map.

Considering all the things you mention being necessarily defending this map are complete bunk, so is the map.

Firstly, where the hell did Australia go?
Secondly, it still doesn't accurately represent distances travelled every day by tens if not hundreds of thousands of people. (To use an example, the non stop flights from Los Angeles to Seoul, and Sydney to Santiago Dr Chile take roughly the same amount if time - no map accommodates this in the slightest and this one is no better)

Next, you think that gravity and the centripetal force are the same thing. This is like saying my hair is made of shoelaces because I can use the strands to tie my shoes. Sure, they may superficially  resemble each other and have similar effects in certain circumstances but that does not mean they are the same thing.
This basic misconception is the first broken link of your hideously weak chain of physics theories and without it your entire framework falls apart.

These paradoxes you base your reasoning on do not exist outside the Sandokhanian Model (which, if anyone has a spare lifetime to wade through walls of impenetrable and inherently meaningless jargon can be found here: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.0 - it includes more fun misconceptions like subquarks being emitted from the Black Sun and Shadow Moon, the effects of subatomic particles on the human aura and a theory where gravitons have both mass and charge. Oh, and random interjections of music history and how Beatles songs are just classical music.)

Also, might I add that your Piri Reis map is just a two dimensional projection of a sphere -  it even looks like one with the curved coastlines and the round longitude and latitude lines - it's not flat, it's just on a flat screen. Just like every other map projection, it facilitates viewing the surface of a sphere in two dimensions.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:23:52 AM by Novarus »

Offline Baraccafuu

• Rascal Of Unusual Size
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »
hmm... the problem I first see with the bi-polar model is that it puts the intersection of the international dateline and the equator as a circle all the way around the world...
(much like how the one pole model represents the south pole point as all the way around the world.)

I live in Northwestern USA, by the way

where on the model is the sun when the sun is at the point where 180 degree longitude meets the equator...(I mean when it is noon on an equinox at that point)
Does the sun become a ring around the world somehow
I am confused how that is at all possible.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:17:15 AM by Baraccafuu »
I am a potato.