Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NSFW material
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 04:17:32 PM »
Anyway: Personally, I do not think we can reasonably adhere to any workplace standards, and I don't think we should try. A lot of the content on this site can easily be argued to be NSFW. Putting imagery aside for a moment, many discussion here touch on social and political issues, and we've always embraced an atmosphere of not suppressing people's views, even when they border on extremism. A fair amount of people could probably be fired based on their postings here.

I agree, it seems like an arbitrary standard to adhere to anyway. I think having a general rule that leans toward not restricting content/discussion/expression is better. We can trust our moderators' discretion if they feel something is just completely inappropriate, but we don't need rules for every conceivable scenario. It also isn't like this is some sort of epidemic. We rarely ever have to address this because it happens so infrequently. I feel like we may be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: NSFW material
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »
Another example: having the words "cockshit" displayed on the screen in an enormous font-size is pretty NSFW, but I think it would be silly to disallow that in CN.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.