Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1400 on: January 12, 2022, 12:40:18 AM »
Assuming you meant "the vaccines only last a few weeks", you are still wrong.  We may indeed need a new jab every year, or maybe every 6 months, but not monthly.
Well I can take your word for it or a doctor's word for it. Imma choose the doctor.
I hate to break it to you but often medical Doctors know little outside of their speciality and are notorious egomaniacs, thinking they know everything.  This one in particular mentions that he likely has better immunity from Covid from getting it than he would have had he been vaccinated.  This is false.  First the two types of immunity are different, and the vaccine induced one has been shown to be  stronger.  From https://healthcare.utah.edu/healthfeed/postings/2021/10/covid-immunity-vs-vaccine.php
A recent CDC study shows that those who have had COVID-19 and are not vaccinated, are more than twice as likely than those who are fully vaccinated to contract COVID-19 for a second time.
You of course should not have to take my word for it, but look for good sources, not just ones that agree with your point of view.  Here are a couple
https://www.medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2021/05/how-long-will-my-vaccine-protect-me
https://www.verywellhealth.com/length-of-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-5094857

The vaccines don't actually stop you getting the disease. So it can still mutate away inside me once vaccinated and I can still pass it on.
As I said, if you are vaccinated you beat it down faster so there is less chance of passing it on (but not zero chance of course).
And as I said, there is no 'beating it down'. Even with the jab you can still contract and spread the virus.
You are (intentionally?) missing the point.  Of course you must "get" the virus for the vaccines to do anything.  But the point of the vaccines is that they prime your immune system so you can kill it off faster, so it never builds up as much (so you will spread if less) and do so for a (potentially much) shorter time. Not zero possibility of spread, just much less likely.

Eradicate coronaviruses, no of course not.  But eradicate this strain that is causing problems in humans, yes I think that is possible.  And we do not have evidence of it jumping from animals to humans as a common event.
You can't eradicate something that spreads regardless of whether you vaccinated people or not. These are vaccines ... not cures.
See above.  Or see https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/infectious-diseases-that-have-been-globally-eradicated.html, about how we have eradicated the SmallPox virus and are on the verge of doing so for some others as well.
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 12, 2022, 05:02:13 AM »
Yeah.... You're wrong Thork.

As the newbie said, by being vaccinated, the virus is attacked immediately inside your body and its killed much faster.  A few days vs 2 weeks.

This means less replications.  Less replications means less varients that can be passed on.  Remember, it doesn't matter if it has a billion varients if those varients never get passed on to another person.

And yes, animals have corona type viruses.  But.. ya know... They don't spread to humans often.  Unless ya eat an infected bat or something.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 12, 2022, 07:56:10 AM »
Well I can take your word for it or a doctor's word for it. Imma choose the doctor. But only, and this is very important, only if they’re saying something I want to believe. All the experts who say things I don’t want to believe, they don’t know what they’re talking about.
Cool story bro.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 14, 2022, 09:37:59 AM »
Holy shit, Australia, will you make your mind up?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59991762
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #1404 on: January 14, 2022, 12:45:36 PM »
Holy shit, Australia, will you make your mind up?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59991762

Well they had made up their mind, but due process being a thing they fucked up meant he couldn’t be kicked out. Then they found out that he was a liar and being a POS so the immigration minister used executive privilege to make it happen. There hasn’t been flip flopping at all, just some administrative incompetence.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 14, 2022, 12:50:41 PM »
There hasn’t been flip flopping at all, just some administrative incompetence.
This is the entire story of Australia's existence as a nation.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 14, 2022, 03:07:16 PM »
Then they found out that he was a liar
The Australian government is claiming that Djokovic is a 'danger to the public'. This sounds to me like their government are the liars. How is he a danger? Your citizens can all have the jab. The jab protects you, not others. Djokovic also recently had covid, so his immunity trumps the shit out of the immunity that a vaccinated person who hasn't had covid has.

He's no danger to the public. But their entire reason for deporting him is the 'danger' he poses. That makes Australia the liars.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #1407 on: January 14, 2022, 03:40:22 PM »
Then they found out that he was a liar
The Australian government is claiming that Djokovic is a 'danger to the public'. This sounds to me like their government are the liars. How is he a danger? Your citizens can all have the jab. The jab protects you, not others. Djokovic also recently had covid, so his immunity trumps the shit out of the immunity that a vaccinated person who hasn't had covid has.

He's no danger to the public. But their entire reason for deporting him is the 'danger' he poses. That makes Australia the liars.

Yea Thork, we know you don’t care about COVID or other people. Australia has different standards than you and they made their decision based on their standards. You can in fact find and read the basis for the decision if you actually care about understanding the situation. I assume you’ll wait until the Wikipedia page is created.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 14, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »
I assume you’ll wait until the Wikipedia page is created.
That's a bit unfair. He could just as well get the information from RT or the Express.

« Reply #1409 on: January 16, 2022, 08:20:59 PM »
...He's no danger to the public. But their entire reason for deporting him is the 'danger' he poses. That makes Australia the liars.

Not so at all.  Djokovic has now been, rightly, deported.  And despite your claim, as an unvaccinated
individual, he was a danger to others.  If he'd simply had the vaccination, like other foreign players
competing in the Australian Open, then none of this debacle would've occurred.  Likewise, if he hadn't
deliberately lied on his visa application, then it wouldn't have occurred either.  His deportation was solely
Djokevic's own fault, coupled with his stubborn arrogance and disdain for Australian laws.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: January 16, 2022, 08:39:48 PM »
And despite your claim, as an unvaccinated
individual, he was a danger to others.
How was he a danger? He arrived in Australia, Covid free. If he got covid ... (unlikely as he'd just had it), then he's only another person getting a disease that was already present in Australia. And by the way ... covid isn't dangerous. This stupid shit about it being lethal ... its only lethal if a cold is lethal to you. In which case you should be out in public watching the tennis.  ::)

If he'd simply had the vaccination, like other foreign players
Djokovic hates drugs. Look at the skinny fucker. That's why he hates Nadal so much. He knows Nadal is roided off his tits. Nadal is a filthy drug addict and will literally put just about anything in his veins.

Imagine you are Novak, and this cheat is stealing millions of dollars from you in prize money and eroding your legacy? And Nadal has the audacity to make public statements about how you should just take drugs? No wonder Novak hates him.

Novak is anti drugs. A rare thing in this day and age. He refuses medications he doesn't need. And that includes experimental vaccines. I'm with him on this. Novak is one of the healthiest people on earth. He's literally the best tennis player alive. He knows about health and he doesn't need some fat Aussie politician telling him to pump himself full of Pfizer's untested muck.

competing in the Australian Open, then none of this debacle would've occurred.  Likewise, if he hadn't
deliberately lied on his visa application, then it wouldn't have occurred either.  His deportation was solely
Djokevic's own fault, coupled with his stubborn arrogance and disdain for Australian laws.
He didn't lie. He didn't even fill in his VISA. Obviously. He has people to do it for him and they made a few errors. Nothing that a reasonable no politicised situation couldn't have resolved. But Australia got coronavirus very wrong. Their people have had some of the harshest lockdowns in the world. And their Prime Minister is doubling down to cover his poor management of the situation, rather than come clean that their measures were ineffective and unnecessary. Also ... now that Novak isn't playing and you took out the best player ... who gives a shit about their tournament? I doubt many will watch now.

Contrast the UK. Our PM was having parties during lockdown. The instant it gets made public and he gets caught ... suddenly coronavirus isn't dangerous in the UK and all restrictions are to be lifted.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/16/encouraging-signs-plan-b-covid-measures-may-soon-be-lifted-in-england
Its politics, not science.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 16, 2022, 08:53:37 PM »
And by the way ... covid isn't dangerous. This stupid shit about it being lethal ... its only lethal if a cold is lethal to you.
This continues to be a lie.
I never understand why some people seem to think that simply repeating something which isn’t true somehow makes it true.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 16, 2022, 09:22:34 PM »
And by the way ... covid isn't dangerous. This stupid shit about it being lethal ... its only lethal if a cold is lethal to you.
I never understand why some people seem to think that simply repeating something which isn’t true somehow makes it true.
This is how I feel about it. Novak isn't about to die. None of his competitors are about to die of covid either. None of the spectators will die. The only people who would die are house bound or hospitalised and unable to go attending tennis matches with large numbers of people because all kinds of diseases would kill them. Its such a lie that covid is just an indiscriminate lottery that could hit anyone like a bolt of lightning. Like any disease, it only picks off the weakest ... ergo those not out at tennis matches enjoying themselves.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 16, 2022, 09:35:33 PM »
Isn't it sort of cut and dry? He was given a vaccine exemption by the Tournament, not by the Government. The Government's rules are obviously above any Tournament. Isn't it that simple?

Rama Set

« Reply #1414 on: January 16, 2022, 09:40:18 PM »
 :-*
This is how I feel about it.

Irrelevant.

Djokovic hates drugs. Look at the skinny fucker. That's why he hates Nadal so much. He knows Nadal is roided off his tits. Nadal is a filthy drug addict and will literally put just about anything in his veins.

Imagine you are Novak, and this cheat is stealing millions of dollars from you in prize money and eroding your legacy? And Nadal has the audacity to make public statements about how you should just take drugs? No wonder Novak hates him.

If you think Novak’s cardio is solely the product of hard work and genetics then you are extremely naive.

Novak is anti drugs. A rare thing in this day and age.

Yeah just him and Lance Armstrong.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 16, 2022, 09:43:09 PM »
This is how I feel about it. Novak isn't about to die. None of his competitors are about to die of covid either. None of the spectators will die. The only people who would die are house bound or hospitalised and unable to go attending tennis matches with large numbers of people because all kinds of diseases would kill them. Its such a lie that covid is just an indiscriminate lottery that could hit anyone like a bolt of lightning. Like any disease, it only picks off the weakest ... ergo those not out at tennis matches enjoying themselves.
I don’t particularly disagree with any of that. And I think Australia’s rules are bullshit, as is the assertion that Djokovic is a danger to anyone. But come on, dude, this isn’t just a common cold - although Omicron is admittedly much milder than the original (and still the best) Covid, which is part of the reason why we aren’t all in lockdown now like we were this time last year.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 16, 2022, 09:45:47 PM »
although Omicron is admittedly much milder than the original (and still the best) Covid, which is part of the reason why we aren’t all in lockdown now like we were this time last year.
They're loosening up restrictions here too, despite the fact that cases are on the rise, because hospitalisations and deaths are going down. Another nail in the coffin for the "it's about control" conspiracy brigade.

Rama Set

« Reply #1417 on: January 16, 2022, 09:46:16 PM »
The Australian government called him a risk because of the misinformation he was spreading. It was never because of the danger of him spreading COVID.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 17, 2022, 12:01:33 PM »
The Australian government called him a risk because of the misinformation he was spreading. It was never because of the danger of him spreading COVID.
You just made that up.

Rama Set

« Reply #1419 on: January 17, 2022, 12:19:55 PM »
You just made that up.

Just because you make shit up doesn’t mean other people do.